Movies grown men cry during....

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most recent Star Wars when Vader yells NOOOOOOOOOO!.

Not really.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Another good one. The end of that chokes me up as well.

I was asleep at the end - that was one of the longest slowest movies of all time. Talk about a hype machine coming on the heels of Shawshank!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I was asleep at the end - that was one of the longest slowest movies of all time. Talk about a hype machine coming on the heels of Shawshank!

Wow, that's too bad. I loved Green Mile, such a well-made film.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
AI. The scene when Haley Joel Osment's mom abandons him in the woods and at the end when the teddy bear pulls the mom's hair out of his pocket that he had kept all those centuries.

Man, that movie just gets to me. After I left the theater the first time I saw it, I freakin' broke down and sobbed like a 3-year-old girl. Scary.
What? WHAT?!

That movie was so friggin terrible I couldn't feel anything for any of those characters excepct for relief when it was FINALLY over.

Good lord. I'm still angry that I spent my money on that movie. It is seriously the worst movie I've ever seen (check the "worst movie thread," I said as much there, too).

Ugh. Sorry.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Only one has done that to me and I have no idea why this particular movie, but I have seen it three freaking times and it happened every single time...

"Pay It Forward"

The candle scene just clobbers me, what a wuss...

OP
OP
SouthNZoneFan

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:

No way CardFan67 this is totally natural....

Once a month or so....

Just kidding ya....

:biglaugh:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
No one else cries like a baby during "My Life"? Actually, a more accurate description for how I cry in that movie is like a cartoon--tears fly out of my face.

My husband literally walked out of the theater because he couldn't stop crying and left me to watch it by myself. He's yet to finish it--refuses to even try.

What about Life is Beautiful? I know, I'm wrong gender, but DANG, that movie is SAD.

Schindler's list....when you see the little girl's red jacket in the pile of dead people....just AWFUL!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
2 movies ever.

Field of Dreams, and surprisingly The Last Samauri...not sure why it hit me like that, maybe the hopelessness of the whole situation, and the courage to make such an attack. Also, the regal nature of the Samauri era ending to such a heartless weapon...

OP
OP
SouthNZoneFan

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Field of Dreams

So, a lot of men have been saying Field of Dreams. I totally agree, but WHY?

I cried (and it has been a long time since seeing it) because the boy just wanted to play Baseball with his father... That is is. The only reason is because I WANTED to play ball with my father and so did he....

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:
So, a lot of men have been saying Field of Dreams. I totally agree, but WHY?

I cried (and it has been a long time since seeing it) because the boy just wanted to play Baseball with his father... That is is. The only reason is because I WANTED to play ball with my father and so did he....

Because Ray never got to see his father play, and never saw him at his best, or where he was at the end of the movie. Plus, the fact that his father was dead, and he had an opportunity to hang out with his younger dad...that would be kinda neat.

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
CardFan67 said:
Only one has done that to me and I have no idea why this particular movie, but I have seen it three freaking times and it happened every single time...

"Pay It Forward"

That one get's my hubby, too! (FWIW, me too!) :thumbup:

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
Pariah said:
What? WHAT?!

That movie was so friggin terrible I couldn't feel anything for any of those characters excepct for relief when it was FINALLY over.

Good lord. I'm still angry that I spent my money on that movie. It is seriously the worst movie I've ever seen (check the "worst movie thread," I said as much there, too).

Ugh. Sorry.

AGREED!!! I was on a date, so I didn't walk out, but man did I want to--I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed! It looked so good, but it was so bad! :barf:

Brown_Blood

Seven.
Reaction score
Mr. Holland's Opus.

When he finally gets to play his music after all of those years and years of writing it...and his deaf son is able to "hear" it through the light show.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
If you missed the end, you missed all the crying you coulda done!!!

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Brown_Blood said:
Mr. Holland's Opus.

When he finally gets to play his music after all of those years and years of writing it...and his deaf son is able to "hear" it through the light show.
Oh yeah, bawled at the one too. ;)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Pariah said:
What? WHAT?!

Ugh. Sorry.
I think it gets to me so much because Haley Joel Osment's character is so vulnerable throughout the film. It really strikes a chord in me that his only motivation is to be loved and protected by a mother and father.

That is especially poignant when you consider the millions of orphaned children throughout the world who desperately pray for a mother and father to love them as well.

se7en

Go SUNS Go
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I'll add a couple that may have not been mentioned. I don't cry in the traditional sense. My eyes tear up though. Anyhow here are a few that come to kind. Although Shawshank was already mentioned, nobody mentioned the ending. I more often than not get "more" choked up on happy endings than I do sad moments. I don't care how many times I see it I get choked up every time Red walks up that beach.

The Natural - when Redford hits the homerun.
Mrs. Miniver - when the daughter in-law gets killed during a German bombing run.
Hanover Street - One of the lesser known Harrison Ford Films. A bit melodramatic but it definitely pulls a few heart strings.
Always - The expression on John Goodman's face as he watches Dreyfuss' plane explode gets me every time.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - too many great moments to mention.
Ghost - I hate to admit this one. I don't feel anything on this one anymore but i certainly did the first couple of viewings way back when.
Forest Gump
French Kiss - Okay I'm a sucker for happy endings.

I just saw Batman Begins yesterday so it's fresh in my head. I didn't get really choked up but I must say that it's the first comic book movie to make me feel any deep emotion. Spiderman Movies were great but I don't recall any moments that made my eyes well up.

Yikes, this list could just keep growing. I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Djaughe

Reaction score
The Notebook.

J. Garner was awesome.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
PortlandCardFan said:
Any movie were children suffer. Ever since I became a father messin with kiddo's does me in.

Example: the scene in 'Titanic' were the mom and baby died from hypothermia in the water.

Example: When Anakin slaughters all the 'younglings'...... wait... that was HILARIOUS!!

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Notebook?

I can't remember laughing as hard as I did when the old battle axe starts attacking the old man. That was comedy at its best. Although the overall film ranks right up there with the classics such as Superstar, Big Man on Campus, and the Karate Kid 4: The Next Karate Kid. How a movie that completely gives itself away half way in manages to get a following is beyond me. But when the geritol woman beats the old man that was beyond hilarious. I hope thats not the part where we were supposed to cry.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually remember when the film Titanic was considered good. That was right up until the point where you saw it again and realized the lines were cheesy as hell.

"I'll take you anywhere Rose"

"Take me to the stars" LMFAO.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hollywood Homocide. I cried when Harrison Ford's cop character finally sells his house. Uh... can we say oscar snub? :rolleyes: