My game 7 predictions...........

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
it seems i was correct, nash has been playing with a stress fracture in his spine.

Link?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...J0bYF?slug=ap-clippers-suns&prov=ap&type=lgns

about halfway down:

Nash shed a little more light on the nature of his struggles in the series, where his shooting has been off and he hasn't moved in the style that made him the league's Most Valuable Player for the second year in a row.

Nash has a chronic back ailment he has had to deal with for years. At times, the muscles around the damaged area don't provide the support he needs.

After playing 12 playoff games in 23 days, Nash desperately needed the three-day break that precedes Monday night's series finale.

"I have a stress fracture in my spine," he said. "It's a long story. The muscles shut off and I have to retrain them to work properly. I feel like I've been able to do that. I feel good."

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misreading it, but it sounds like he's just describing a condition he's had for years. I remember reading about it before.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Maybe I'm misreading it, but it sounds like he's just describing a condition he's had for years. I remember reading about it before.

maybe - and I hope so, but I've heard about this and that with Nash, but I've never heard the words "stress fracture" used when talking about him. I would think that's why you wanted to the link in the first place, because we hadn't heard that one before. Maybe not - regardless, hopefully he's not just blowing smoke about "feeling good" now and comes out and is at least 80% of the MVP we all know and love.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Im pretty sure Eric is right. Nash has always had issues with his back and hamstrings and they stemmed from the fracture.

are stress fractures reoccuring/chronic type injuries? I'm not sure about that - maybe my dad will know - he's an orthopod - or maybe I'm just forgetting hearing about the stress fracture.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, that phone call didn't make me feel any better! Why can't my Dad just TRY and snow over Nash's injuries like he did when my brothers and I were kids and would get hurt! I won't go into detail on what my Dad's reaction to the news was, but he had never heard Nash and spine stress fracture put together (and he's pretty much as rabid as we are - not to mention a doctor in Phoenix) and thought if that was the case, then he's amazed he's even able to move out there.

Anyone got a link to an earlier article, perhaps last year, or earlier this year about a stress fracture - I remember all the talk about Nash's back problems, but weren't they more associated with herniated disc problems than stress fractures? Believe me, taken from someone with a history of back surgeries, back problems and, well a family history of back-injuries - they are not one in the same.

Give 'em as much hell as you got tomorrow Stevie!

Last edited:

Errntknght

Reaction score
stress fracture... herniated disk... I don't remember either of those phrases being used to describe Nash's back problems last year when the collision with Barbs knocked him out of action.

I'm still puzzled at to why the Suns released Andre Barrett... he wasn't sensational but he looked a lot more like a PG than any other sub we had or have. We had the need and a slot for him so who cares if it might not be the ideal situation for him... the way things worked out he might have gotten a better chance to show his game here than he did in Toronto.

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
This is from Bickleys article in todays Rep:

In fact, after Sunday's practice, Nash said he has a congenital back condition called spondylolisthesis (which involves slipping vertebrae) and has had a stress fracture in his spine for the past eight years.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nash WILL play a huge factor..

and I think its all about the first quarter, if the Clips get a lead of 10+.. then I think the Suns will lose.

with a 3 day break, I think the Suns will be energized, but so will the Clips... however a rejuvinated Suns team > rejuvinated Clippers team.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The spondylolisthesis is what I'd read about before, but, oddly enough, I couldn't quite remember the name of the condition.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05