My game comments

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to watch at the pub across the street, I have a handshake deal to get to see the games "as long as the crowds allow it". Saw it on a small tv in the corner.

1) I had no sound what was the explanation for not givingus the one second before the half, that cost us a FG Attempt?

2) Boldin, unreal, stupid mistake on the punt but we aren't in the game without him.

3) Bryant looked better, Pace looked ok, the rest of the DL sucks, hope Bell can play soon. Didn't notice King.

4) Wilson continues to be a great athlete who's always out of position.

5) Please get a kicker who can kickoff past the 10 yard line.

6) Big- was the cast too heavy, didn't get an explanation. Considering how he hurt the hand it bugged me he stopped playing, but I had no sound so maybe they explained?

7) Blake was sharp in the first half, 3 poor decisions otherwise excellent. VEry erratic in the 2nd half, 2 huge mistakes although I have no idea what happened on the pick it looked like he thought his WR was running a different route?

8) As huge as Boldin's muff was, if JOhnson catches that floater from Blake we get back to 28 all. Great read by Jeff and a very catchable ball he might have scored on.

9) Our CB's stink but the lack of pass rush makes it obvious, stop the 3 man line crap and bring some more heat please. Agree with Rlakin, Big Daddy would have helped us.

10) #56 missed tackle on the punt return was huge too.

11) If Jake were here we aren't even in the game 3 INT's.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
Got to watch at the pub across the street, I have a handshake deal to get to see the games "as long as the crowds allow it". Saw it on a small tv in the corner.

1) I had no sound what was the explanation for not givingus the one second before the half, that cost us a FG Attempt?

2) Boldin, unreal, stupid mistake on the punt but we aren't in the game without him.

3) Bryant looked better, Pace looked ok, the rest of the DL sucks, hope Bell can play soon. Didn't notice King.

4) Wilson continues to be a great athlete who's always out of position.

5) Please get a kicker who can kickoff past the 10 yard line.

6) Big- was the cast too heavy, didn't get an explanation. Considering how he hurt the hand it bugged me he stopped playing, but I had no sound so maybe they explained?

7) Blake was sharp in the first half, 3 poor decisions otherwise excellent. VEry erratic in the 2nd half, 2 huge mistakes although I have no idea what happened on the pick it looked like he thought his WR was running a different route?

8) As huge as Boldin's muff was, if JOhnson catches that floater from Blake we get back to 28 all. Great read by Jeff and a very catchable ball he might have scored on.

9) Our CB's stink but the lack of pass rush makes it obvious, stop the 3 man line crap and bring some more heat please. Agree with Rlakin, Big Daddy would have helped us.

10) #56 missed tackle on the punt return was huge too.

11) If Jake were here we aren't even in the game 3 INT's.

1) Just said that time ran out. Which we all know is BS.

6) Big sprained his ankle

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
My view

1. Coleman would have helped!!!!!!! Wakefield is just to slow and is to upright. he should be used on passing situatuions on as DT.

2. We blitzed good in the 1st quarter then we stopped blitzing all together.. why.. we already now that our front four wont get the job done and during preseason we were blitzing alot.. this is why we have speed LB's. we need to blitz at least 50-60% of the time and mix it up.. this rushing only three DL and sitting in zone sucks.. we need to get pressure.. If harrington can do this to us .. just think what a more experienced QB can do..

3. Our special teams suck.. I am not ready to say sign Jenkins.. but Boldin should not be return punts,, becuase we don't need to get him hurt.. he should move up in the depth chart after today, but then again.. hopefully Blake will not zero in on Boldin all the time and pass the ball around..I seen several ties where Blake was eyeing Boldin from the snap and any good CB could read his eyes and make something bad happen.( like tre bly)..

I was very encouraged by the overall offensive team ( 500yrds) ...just need to establish the run more and knock down the penatilies and turnovers. Defense need to blitz more and I really don't think that there is anyone out there now (FA) to help us.. I would like to see King get a start over Wakefeild and see how he does.. Hopefully Bell can get back sooner.. cause I think he will help alot in the center of the line..

Next week Go Cards.......