Nash to enter Coyotes radio booth

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Tyson Nash, who played seven seasons in the NHL, including two with Phoenix, was named the Coyotes’ radio analyst Thursday.
He replaces Louie DeBrusk, who recently resigned to accept a job as a television analyst with Rogers Sportsnet of Canada.
Nash will join Bob Heethuis, who enters his fourth season as the Coyotes’ radio play-by-play announcer, in the broadcast booth.
Nash, 33, played for the Coyotes during the 2003-04 and 2005-06 seasons and was the recipient of the team’s Man of the Year Award in 2004 for his involvement in the Phoenix community.
“I am happy to be back with the Coyotes organization,” Nash said. “I truly enjoyed the time I spent here as a player and am grateful for this opportunity which will allow me to stay close to the game of hockey.”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/articles/2008/09/11/20080911coyotesnash-CR.html

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
Was Marty McSorley busy? I guess you have to be a scrapper to get this gig....Who is next Jaimie Huscroft?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I actually believe McSorley was busy - i know he became the sharks color guy when drew remenda worked for hockey night in canada for a year

they had nash on the radio yesterday - he didn't sound that bad

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
I actually believe McSorley was busy - i know he became the sharks color guy when drew remenda worked for hockey night in canada for a year

they had nash on the radio yesterday - he didn't sound that bad

HA! thanks for the insight, but I was just kidding around ;)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i know you were - which is why I thought it was pretty funny that you mentioned mcsorley - because I did listen to him for a long year on the sharks broadcasts (he did the TV stuff) ...... made me miss drew even more

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
i know you were - which is why I thought it was pretty funny that you mentioned mcsorley - because I did listen to him for a long year on the sharks broadcasts (he did the TV stuff) ...... made me miss drew even more

Right on....I grew up watching that crazy man....It was fun. Back when I was a Kings fan...damn.....that was a long time ago....:(

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hadn't heard about this. So sad when a short career, role player gets taken like this, but glad he was able to get back on his feet.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Nash isn't following the club to Utah. McConnell is, though, as play-by-play.