NAU's Clarence Moore

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Clarence Moore
War Room analysis
Strengths: Has excellent height and good speed, is strong and can improve his bulk. Is a long-strider; builds speed as he goes and is deceptive in deep passing game. Has long arms and adequate leaping ability and is great at timing jumps. Is a threat on deep sideline routes and fade routes in the red zone. Has good size as a blocker; is extremely effective when he gives a good effort.

Weaknesses: Lacks polish and suddenness. Rounds off too many routes. Lacks great feel for finding soft spots in zone coverage. Is much better against man coverage where he can use his size to shield the defender. Has adequate but not great speed. Has big hands and playmaking skills, but focus can be inconsistent. Will double-clutch catches and struggles to catch on the run. Concentration must improve, as must his effort as a blocker.

Bottom line: A dominant receiver on the Division I-AA level, Moore is raw. He must improve his route-running skills and knowledge of reading defenses. However, because Moore has excellent size, good speed and has some playmaking skills as a deep sideline receiver, he is an attractive mid-to-late developmental prospect.

School: N. Arizona
Position: WR
Overall: 4.3
NFL Comparison:
Brian Finneran, Falcons

CLARENCE MOORE MEASURABLES
Height: 6-5 Weight: 200
40-yard dash: 4.50

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kid sounded very determined....said that all 32 teams have been in touch with him and his agent.

Last edited:

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Scouting report is almost identical to Bryant Johnson's. Funny.

Especially since he'll be a day-two pick.

Big difference in a kid that plays at a I-AA school (NAU) and a I-A product (Penn State) as far as NFL teams are concerned.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
He will still be there at 6th or 7th round.

Oh, no he won't. I'll bet he falls no further than the fifth round. He'd look really good in a Ravens uniform.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
Wolf also talked to Norman Heuer - a DT from Michigan who played at Cactus HS.

He had a great line. Wolfley asked him something like "where do you hope you end up playing?" The kid responds "I really don't care, man I am so broke, I just want to get paid."

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Oh, no he won't. I'll bet he falls no further than the fifth round. He'd look really good in a Ravens uniform.

I would not be surprised if the Patsies takes him in the 5th or 6th round with their abundance of picks.

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
He had a great line. Wolfley asked him something like "where do you hope you end up playing?" The kid responds "I really don't care, man I am so broke, I just want to get paid."

Heh - funny. And paid he certianly WILL be.

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think he'll make the team as well. Especially with the news that Frank Sanders may be released.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Good call, you were almost exactly right! I love NAU WRs. I was hoping that St. Paul would do something a few years ago, but he lasted only two seasons in the league. He'll do well in Baltimore, but it might take a couple years.

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
I think he'll make the team as well. Especially with the news that Frank Sanders may be released.

Poor Franky... Good guy, however he never came close to matching the numbers he put up with the Cards.