NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

Lorenzo

Reaction score
KD has never looked as dominate on the suns as porzingas has been in this game.
KP is incredible. I’ve seen him do this in a handful of games as a mavs player. It was just frustrating because he did the opposite far too often.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive start for Boston. They are just flying around, playing great D, hitting everything and attacking the rim with a vengeance.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive start for Boston. They are just flying around, playing great D, hitting everything and attacking the rim with a vengeance.
They have been more intense and have been winning the hustle plays. Dallas' role players haven't showed up yet.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a Suns fan, I'm trying to savor the joy of watching Luka get blasted in big playoff game. Boston is really not even playing that remarkable. They're good but Tatum isn't going and Brown is below average. They're just playing smart, moving the ball and crashing the glass.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They have been more intense and have been winning the hustle plays. Dallas' role players haven't showed up yet.
To be expected on the road in game 1 of the finals. Doncic and Irving are missing shots that they are capable of making. In this last couple of mins Dallas have finally made some plays at both ends.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m working with the game on in the background and every time I look up, someone on the Celtics is cramming the ball down a Mavs defender’s throat for a monster jam.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
As a Suns fan, I'm trying to savor the joy of watching Luka get blasted in big playoff game. Boston is really not even playing that remarkable. They're good but Tatum isn't going and Brown is below average. They're just playing smart, moving the ball and crashing the glass.
I’d say KP is playing remarkable.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If KP continues to play like doncic and Irving dallas will be in huge trouble. I don’t expect that he will. But he is definitely capable.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d say KP is playing remarkable.

He's the only Celtic playing above his normal level.

As a team Boston is only shooting 54% from the field and 40% from 3. That's good, not what you'd think would lead to a 20+ point lead in the first half. They've shut down Dallas' offense. Washington has looked bad. Lively has been ineffective. No one outside of Luka and Kyrie have done anything.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas has been here twice this post-season, getting curb-stomped on the road in Game 1 against the Clippers and OKC. They’ve showed bounce back ability.

Meanwhile, Boston has already had two massive Game 1 blowouts in the playoffs, only to lose 2 Game 2s at home. So, they’ve shown an ability to let up.

Looking forward to Game 2 to see which trend continues because this game is already over.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish it would call traveling on Luca when he takes three or four steps on his step-back three-pointers

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dallas has been here twice this post-season, getting curb-stomped on the road in Game 1 against the Clippers and OKC. They’ve showed bounce back ability.

Meanwhile, Boston has already had two massive Game 1 blowouts in the playoffs, only to lose 2 Game 2s at home. So, they’ve shown an ability to let up.

Looking forward to Game 2 to see which trend continues because this game is already over.
If Boston miss shots in the second half Dallas can get themselves back in the game. They’ve shown that ability in the playoffs. Unlikely, but they have to keep playing.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KP is incredible. I’ve seen him do this in a handful of games as a mavs player. It was just frustrating because he did the opposite far too often.

I saw him in person while he was on the Knicks and he was extremely impressive. Suns somehow won in OT but he could seemingly do everything. Score from any range, an eraser on defense.

I think he got his first injury a few weeks later.

Big time “what if” guy.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He's the only Celtic playing above his normal level.

As a team Boston is only shooting 54% from the field and 40% from 3. That's good, not what you'd think would lead to a 20+ point lead in the first half. They've shut down Dallas' offense. Washington has looked bad. Lively has been ineffective. No one outside of Luka and Kyrie have done anything.
they’ve defended the mavs well in the paint and Dallas have missed a lot of shots they can knock down, particularly from 3. The difference is the mavs not matching Boston on offense. That can turn around at any point.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston has gone pulled from three and that’s all the shots they’re taking

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston is trying to shoot Dallas back into the game

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Boston is trying to shoot Dallas back into the game
Playoff basketball. It can flip at any moment. Unfortunately that means the lead could be 20 again for Boston if Dallas don’t keep making shots.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown is one hell of a good player.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And there it is…
Unfortunately yes. Dallas is going to have to score the ball more consistently. Can have long cold spells and beat this Boston team. But Boston’s paint defense has been great. They are clearly trying to take that away and make Dallas a shoot first team.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
porzingis came in and dallas never recovered - jaylen brown wouldn't let them - game 1 boston

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston is so good defensively. The only way the Mavs have a shot is if Boston goes cold and has a bad defensive game at the same time.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Boston is so good defensively. The only way the Mavs have a shot is if Boston goes cold and has a bad defensive game at the same time.
Dallas have to score. They aren’t going to win a game scoring under 100 and having multiple offensive cold spells in a game. Boston’s paint defense was great. Dallas still missed some shots that they can make, even in the paint. Dallas missed a lot of shots that they can make to at least make the game closer. With that said Boston thoroughly outplayed Dallas in every way.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luka and Kyrie had 3 assists combined. The Mavs had 9 assists as a team. That makes for ugly basketball. Boston had the right approach on defense, make someone other than Luka and Kyrie carry them. It worked really well.

Boston won by almost 20 while not shooting that well. They were 47% from the field and 38% from 3. They kept jacking up 3's though, shooting 42 attempts to Dallas' 27. I don't think Dallas has the shooters to match that total when Luka and Kyrie aren't setting up their shooters. Guys like DJJ, Kleber, and Washington can't create their own 3pt looks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm