NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tatum laying an all time stink bomb so far.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Drue has been huge for Celtics. I hope Beal could emulate him in finding his role next to KD and Book. Let Bud teach him so!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston is playing below average and still lead.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas can't hit wide open 3's to save their life
The 3 point shooting has been atrocious by both teams so, of course, Pritchard banks one in from about half court.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The 3 point shooting has been atrocious by both teams so, of course, Pritchard banks one in from about half court.
Makes up for all the threes they have been missing. Dallas role players have got to knock down open threes or they have no chance.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Drue has been huge for Celtics. I hope Beal could emulate him in finding his role next to KD and Book. Let Bud teach him so!
That’s the beauty of this Boston team. They have multiple guys that can step up and take over a game. Maybe Kidd was wrong and Holliday is their best player.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Series is likely over. Dallas is not winning 4/5 games.

Doncic can’t guard anybody.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Series is likely over. Dallas is not winning 4/5 games.

Doncic can’t guard anybody.
Boston was not at their best. this was a winnable game for Dallas if more players hit shots. Someone aside from doncic needs to step up on offense. With Irving and doncic both on the floor one of them need to be bringing the ball up at all times. Too many silly turnovers.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cause Giannis wanted Lillard and the superstar gets what he wants. Generally stars are terrible GM’s though.

Had nothing to do with what Giannis wanted. The front office acted without his approval. They don't talk to him on big moves like that or when Bud was fired because they've faulted Giannis for being too loyal.

The Bucks took a swing, a two way player for a star. Maybe not the same as the Suns swapping Mikal for KD but similar in nature. The star isn't always the better route.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tatum laying an all time stink bomb so far.
Made tons of plays defensively and almost had a triple double just short a rebound but 18/12/9 far from a stink bomb… made the right plays pretty much the whole game. I’d say bravo to him and Brown taking less shots this season and playing more team ball and winning!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston was not at their best. this was a winnable game for Dallas if more players hit shots. Someone aside from doncic needs to step up on offense. With Irving and doncic both on the floor one of them need to be bringing the ball up at all times. Too many silly turnovers.
Boston was attacking Luka constantly too. Drove by him, kick out, rinse and repeat. As good as Luka is offensively he is horrid defensively. If Kyrie is not hitting? Double trouble.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Made tons of plays defensively and almost had a triple double just short a rebound but 18/12/9 far from a stink bomb… made the right plays pretty much the whole game. I’d say bravo to him and Brown taking less shots this season and playing more team ball and winning!
I give him credit too. Great players find a way to make plays when the ball isn’t going in. It is remarkable to me that guys like him or doncic can do that when they are struggling to shoot the ball and people will say they are playing poorly.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he is really playing good all around basketball. Just a little off shooting. You can say that about the whole Boston team almost. Holliday was terrific today but they don't rely on one or two guys to be big every game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Naw, total stinkbomb.

Really puts the perspective of him being the loudest voice saying Booker isn't clutch, right?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Boston was attacking Luka constantly too. Drove by him, kick out, rinse and repeat. As good as Luka is offensively he is horrid defensively. If Kyrie is not hitting? Double trouble.
I thought so too. I thought his defense was better in the fourth quarter down the stretch. He started to get more physically involved defensively. He cannot guard Tatum on the perimeter. That was the switch that Boston kept running. I can’t blame doncic. He had a great performance. He was the best player on the floor.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought so too. I thought his defense was better in the fourth quarter down the stretch. He started to get more physically involved defensively. He cannot guard Tatum on the perimeter. That was the switch that Boston kept running. I can’t blame doncic. He had a great performance. He was the best player on the floor.

Boston is good at getting switches they want because they keep 5 shooters on the floor. Luka was able to hide on Gobert or Giddey earlier and it was harder to abuse him on D. He's got to get better or be surrounded by 3-4 top tier defenders for him to be the star on a title team.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Boston is good at getting switches they want because they keep 5 shooters on the floor. Luka was able to hide on Gobert or Giddey earlier and it was harder to abuse him on D. He's got to get better or be surrounded by 3-4 top tier defenders for him to be the star on a title team.
He definitely needs to be more physical on defense. He is a big guy and can use that as a weapon just as he does on offense. I think that’s an area that doncic needs to improve if he’s going to win a title. I thought he played good defense in prior 3 series even when he wasn’t guarding an inept offensive player.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don’t see how Dallas can win 4/5 unless we see a massive collapse. Also, how bad has the Mavs been at the FT line. That doesn’t bode well for close games either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Note I made the post when he was 1-7 with 2 points 4 rebounds and 3 assists late in the 2nd quarter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Porzingis’ leg keeps him out of the next couple games, I could see Dallas coming back but their role players are gonna have play better at home.