NE willing to Trade Jimmy Garoppolo

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The thing that jumps out about Kolb is that he concussion issues. If Garoppolo does not have these type issues I'm more willing to explore the idea.

Concussion issues or not, Kolb was simply never going to cut it as a starting QB if you want to win anything.

Garoppolo is not a long term solution either so it would be ridiculous to trade a first for him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Concussion issues or not, Kolb was simply never going to cut it as a starting QB if you want to win anything.

Garoppolo is not a long term solution either so it would be ridiculous to trade a first for him.

I would definitely not trade a first round pick for him but at some point the Cardinals need to address the future at QB. If the Cardinals are thinking about drafting a QB, they need to ask the question if he or another veteran QB is better than anyone they can draft. I'm not locked onto Garoppolo.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Original CW used to be: "Don't do deals with Belichek or Andy Reid.

But the Chandler Jones deal didn't work out badly for us.

That said: When it comes to QB's, you might as well throw away the book, because: If the dude is good enough to take you to a championship, no terms can be deemed too high. Conversely, if the QB can't cut it, it doesn't matter how cheap you got him for.

Net-net: If BA and SK think Garropolo can take the Cards to the promised land, they should pay what's necessary. If they don't think he's that good, we should save our time, energy, draft picks and money.

And what if they don't know whether Jimmy G's "the man?" In GMing as in playcaling: No risk it...etc. etc.. (That's why they pay BA and SK the big buccaroos).

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Original CW used to be: "Don't do deals with Belichek or Andy Reid.

But the Chandler Jones deal didn't work out badly for us.

That said: When it comes to QB's, you might as well throw away the book, because: If the dude is good enough to take you to a championship, no terms can be deemed too high. Conversely, if the QB can't cut it, it doesn't matter how cheap you got him for.

Net-net: If BA and SK think Garropolo can take the Cards to the promised land, they should pay what's necessary. If they don't think he's that good, we should save our time, energy, draft picks and money.

And what if they don't know whether Jimmy G's "the man?" In GMing as in playcaling: No risk it...etc. etc.. (That's why they pay BA and SK the big buccaroos).

They say every championship team needs a premier QB, LT and DE. Imagine if the Cardinals got 2 out of the 3 from the Patriots.

OP
OP
cardncubfan
Reaction score

You know this how?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

You certainly can't say he doesn't have the look of a franchise QB. :lol:

chickenhead

Reaction score
All things being equal Jimmy G is a great QB to go after, but I do worry about that price for a QB who played well in the opening two games of the season (the first against an overconfident Cards) and got injured in the second, with only 3 passing attempts since then, I believe.

I also worry about a QB looking good in the NE system and then coming to Arians' system that currently has precious little protection for the QB - and would then lack a first and a fourth to improve it in the draft.

But as others have said, that's just what NE is rumored to be asking. There might be another deal possible, and if someone else is going to overpay, let them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05