New Metallica song....

OP
OP
Divide Et Impera

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Complete crap if you ask me. I've done given up on these jack offs. Their last good album was AJFA, and it got progressively worse from there. Now Jaymes is wailing like a wounded dog? What happened to his vox over the years?

Reaction score
I can't stand them anymore. I watched "Some Kind of Monster" and wanted to punch Lars. It's sad to say this but some bands were better when they were all drunks and junkies. Metallica is one of those bands.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
cynical_kitten26 said:
I can't stand them anymore. I watched "Some Kind of Monster" and wanted to punch Lars. It's sad to say this but some bands were better when they were all drunks and junkies. Metallica is one of those bands.
I couldn't believe what a self centered azz that guy is. Sad to see.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not even gonna listen, they have sucked for many years and i dont expect that to change

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BigRedRage said:
im not even gonna listen, they have sucked for many years and i dont expect that to change

Exactly. This is not the same band that wrote the Master of Puppets album. I swear, the current lineup is all imposters, the real Metallica must've been killed off about 15 years ago or something.

OP
OP
Divide Et Impera

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
vince56 said:
Exactly. This is not the same band that wrote the Master of Puppets album. I swear, the current lineup is all imposters, the real Metallica must've been killed off about 15 years ago or something.

Yeah, they died after the end of the AJFA tour. The Black Album was rubbish and everything after that has been progressively worse....

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's emabarassing.

The sad part is, it will still probably sell really well.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
Yeah, they died after the end of the AJFA tour. The Black Album was rubbish and everything after that has been progressively worse....

I loved the black album, but I see your point. I got into playing guitar after hearing the black album & Satriani's "The Extremist" in the summer of '92.

Those two albums are still the basis for my taste in music to this day.

The sad part is that when I go back & listen to the black album now, I don't hear the great production, the tight songs, or the great sounds they had... all I hear is a bunch of yeah yeahs and whoa whoas at the end of each line.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have to watch to know that it is horrid....I just need to think of "Load", "Reload", and "St. Anger" to remind me on how far they've fallen.....

True.. people may claim they begin slightly selling out on "Metallica" since their songs became more radio (MTV) friendly, accessible, but it did contain some of their best post-Burton moments....

What's sad.. Robert Trujillo is a better bassist than what he's shown w/Metallica thus far, but Jason Newsted still shouldnt have ever left... But... it's about time this band retires all together.... The combo of them getting sober and aging isnt in their favor..... Best for Trujilllo to officially form a band with Jerry Cantrell, and Mike Bordin (who all performed together on Cantrell's "Degradation Trip")... which then in turn would prevent AIC from affecting their legacy further by performing live w/that lame new lead singer who for some reason believes he's doing a decent job in replacing Layne Staley (which isnt possible whatsoever).... Sorry for that tangent...

Anyways.. I think Megadeth has been better this past decade than Metallica and have kept a more heavier edge, but unfortunately Mustaine's arm lead them to their demise.... Oh well.... at least though we'll always have fond memories of how phenonomal Metallica was at one time and that will last forever....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They went away from their metal roots and sold out :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser