new orleans

asudevil83

Reaction score
Magloire+1st Rounder (top 5 protected next year, and unprotected the following).
Smith+1st Rounder (same protection)
Dikau S&T+2 Firsts (top 10 protected first year, top 3 protected following, unprotected last)....it would be 5 years if we wanted good picks.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
How about a sign and trade for Lampe, Vroman and Jacobson.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Dan Dickau and 2 firsts

This would be good for both teams. The Hornets don't need Dickau with Paul and Claxton.

Do the Hornets even have cap room?

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I want absolutely nothing to do with Magloire. Absolutely nothing to do with him.

I would however like JR.

Smith+1st Rounder (same protection)

I don't think that this is enough compensation though. Judging by what we want from Atlanta (player and 2 likely lotto picks), I think that we need to get Speedy Claxton as well as the above package.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
devilalum said:
Do the Hornets even have cap room?

LOL.

They have like 25 million in cap room and haven't looked to spend a dime of it yet.

Next season they only have 14 million on the books! (8 of which is PJ Brown)

asudevil83

Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
I want absolutely nothing to do with Magloire. Absolutely nothing to do with him.

I would however like JR.

I don't think that this is enough compensation though. Judging by what we want from Atlanta (player and 2 likely lotto picks), I think that we need to get Speedy Claxton as well as the above package.

i think JR is comperable with Childress....and some of you would take Childress+1st.

another decent deal, that i think NO would definately do is JR+Dikau+1st.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
LOL.

They have like 25 million in cap room and haven't looked to spend a dime of it yet.

Next season they only have 14 million on the books! (8 of which is PJ Brown)

Yee Haa!
Let the bidding begin.

NO is closer to Little Rock than Atlanta so ******** outta be happy.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
but I am sure JJ is still also looking forward to that 20 mill up front, he would'nt get that from NO I suppose.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
i think JR is comperable with Childress....and some of you would take Childress+1st.

another decent deal, that i think NO would definately do is JR+Dikau+1st.

Chidress and Smith both = shooting guards that can't shoot.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think NO would give up Smith. He was there only bright spot. They would be more likely to do a Dickau and picks deal.

The Atlanta deal would have to fall through first. JJ would have to approve the S&T second. NO is close to home and they suck so he would probably go for it.

Where the hell did Ch. 3 get this from? Someone probably pulled it out of their ass.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
devilalum said:
Chidress and Smith both = shooting guards that can't shoot.

JR is actually a pretty good shooter, although it is more long range. His mid range game is pretty weak.

The problem is he has pretty poor shot selection, which is why his percentage is around 40%.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now that I think about this rumor. I bet it was conjured up by someone in the Suns organization to give Atlanta something else to think about. What do you guys think?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Folster said:
Now that I think about this rumor. I bet it was conjured up by someone in the Suns organization to give Atlanta something else to think about. What do you guys think?

Any rumor starting would have to originate with JJ. He has to initiate any sign and trade.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dickau would be an awesome backup for Nash. I don't know if there is a player in the NBA that would be better in that role.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love J.R. Smith. No way he gets traded. when he's 24 he'll easily be better than joe is now. His shot is incosistent, but he's quicker and much much more athletic that joe (remember the behind the back dunk at the dunk contest).

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
I agree if im NO i would not make that trade... but NO dont seem to be the most inteligent group of owners either... JR Smith will eventually be a better player than JJ maybe not next but the following year without a doubt...IMO

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
B-Dogg said:
I agree if im NO i would not make that trade... but NO dont seem to be the most inteligent group of owners either..

Keep in mind that most people in the league are also saying that they wouldn't make the Hawks trade. So who knows? :shrug: