New Uniforms for the NFL?

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
Is the NFL changing their uniform styles? I noticed in the AZ-GB game Finley and Ochocinco from CIN-NYJ were wearing uniforms that slightly differed from the others. Does anybody have details? Notice the difference in the placement of the NFL logo on Ochocinco compared to Palmer. And the font size is different and placed lower on 85 compared to 9. There are also some differences in the Bengal stripes on the sleeves. Any insight?

You must be registered for see images attach

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
good observation! Wow...you should be a detective.

I haven't heard a thing...but you should send this to PFT and they'll investigate it...that's one heck of a catch by you.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I've noticed it on a couple of players this year, mostly recievers and DB's. I don't think it is a full change, just an option for players looking to get rid of sleeves (for the most part)

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they're just sleeveless jerseys. Linemen have been wearing them for years and we've seen a few WRs start recently. I remember Pete Kendall wearing that in the old cards jerseys for us years ago.

Also, when comparing jerseys, the bengals jerseys are not usually very consistent. They'll have players with mismatched jerseys playing in the same games where there are white panels in the armpits or sleeves on one guy but not on another, this has happened many times and there was a blog about it a few years ago that I can't seem to find the link for right now.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Is the NFL changing their uniform styles? I noticed in the AZ-GB game Finley and Ochocinco from CIN-NYJ were wearing uniforms that slightly differed from the others. Does anybody have details? Notice the difference in the placement of the NFL logo on Ochocinco compared to Palmer. And the font size is different and placed lower on 85 compared to 9. There are also some differences in the Bengal stripes on the sleeves. Any insight?

Great catch. Finley had these ridiculous tiny little "88"s on his shoulders, about half the size of the rest of the team. I noticed it when watching the game replay.

OP
OP
D

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
Great catch. Finley had these ridiculous tiny little "88"s on his shoulders, about half the size of the rest of the team. I noticed it when watching the game replay.

That was actually the first thing that I noticed also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05