NFC Championship Official Game Thread - WE DO THIS TOGETHER!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Whew, good thing this isn't like the Suns forum, where game threads after big wins quickly degrade into petty bickering. Thank God the Cardinal fans are around to show us the way.

But in any case, congratulations to the Cardinals on a great win. I'm not an NFL fan and don't even know which team I'd follow if I were one, but I am getting a kick out of this run, and I've always liked Warner.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*sigh* indeed.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_...ecenter&season=2008&week=POST20&override=true

8:30 mark. Slow motion replay.

Curtis doesn't usually go into a guitarist power slide when going for a ball being thrown high and in front of him. That's what occurs when a defender pulls your feet out from underneath you. Are you really debating that one?

Yeah, I think we got away with one there. It happens. We should have had the ball on the kickoff touch and recovery.

Final score is what counts though.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
*BUMP*

Remember this guys? It was only 8 months ago and the team is coming back largely intact, and oh, BTW we have (hopefully) a running game now. DEFEND THE TITLE BOYS!!!!!

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We should have had the ball on the kickoff touch and recovery.
That was a huge blown call. The officials said the Eagles player touched the ball then the ball went out of bounds that's why they called it said(even though there was no whistle). The replay, from all angles, showed he never touched the ball and that the ball fell in bounds by about a foot. Then they wouldn't let Whiz challenge saying it was blown dead and not challengable. The officials did this to save face because they knew they blew it. Had we scored a TD it would have been 35-6 at that point and the Eagles would have been completely demoralized and would have never come back. Yes it was 31-6 at the half but a TD has more of an effect than a FG and the Eagles would have been wondering if they could stop us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Just an awesome all around experience, nobody outside of our fan base and team believed we’d win. Remember before the game they had the quote from some ESPN hack who said the Eagles were going to the Super Bowl, that got booed loudly.

When tickets first went on sale to the public they were only available to Arizona residents, I had to have my Mother buy them because I was living in Memphis at the time (i paid her back I am not that bad of a son LOL)

That 10 yrs flew by...hope the next 10 fly by too, my retirement is January 2029

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Was at the game and cried like a baby when we won. Literally bought tickets to the Super Bowl on my way back to my car.

That game was crazzzyyyyy

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cheese was crying. I was doubled over in pain from my abdomen cramping up repeatedly from being dehydrated and all the yelling and screaming.

And then we all met back at the car and had cardinal playoff cake (a playoff tradition dating back to Plummer’s w over the cowboys).

We already had plane tickets and accommodations arranged in Tampa and two tix to the game and were working on two others.

Sharing that playoff run with my two brothers and father will always be a cherished few weeks in my life. It even served to finally turn our non-sports mother into an active cardinals fan.