NFL 2012 Bold Predictions

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think our defense is too good to compete with the hapless 2008 Lions but if we do not upgrade our Oline (from outside our roster) we will earn the number one draft spot.

The New York Giants AND the New York Jets will watch the playoffs from home (or a strip club...).

The 49ers will lose to the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning will play the last game of his career well before the season ends.

And the only one I'm sure to get right - The talking heads will still find a way to make it seem like the Cowboys are relevant, regardless of their record.

Steve

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I think our defense is too good to compete with the hapless 2008 Lions but if we do not upgrade our Oline (from outside our roster) we will earn the number one draft spot.

The New York Giants AND the New York Jets will watch the playoffs from home (or a strip club...).

Peyton Manning will play the last game of his career well before the season ends.

And the only one I'm sure to get right - The talking heads will still find a way to make it seem like the Cowboys are relevant, regardless of their record.

Steve

Nah, we'll do just enough to miss out on drafting the top LT or QB in this draft. We'll be stuck going BPA between a Receiver or DL. That's the Cardinal way.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Here's mine.

The D will give up an average of 100 yards of less to opposing offenses in the first half. Then after our O continually goes 3-and-out, they'll be gassed and give up an average of 300 yards or more in the second half.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We are going to suck alot

Matt Barkley threads going to start popping up around week 4-6 depending on how badly we're getting wrangled.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Steve

The Cards will go 7-9. Manning will take his Broncos to the playoffs and look like the old Manning. The new young QB starters in the NFL will make an immediate positive impact. The Jets will stink. Graves will still be our GM in 2013 and 2014. As long as we keep filling up our stadium there will be few major changes in management if any.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan Lindley and Bill Bidwill will be hoisting the Lombardi trophy together as Super Bowl Champions. William Powell will be in the pic too, but we'll only see the top of his head.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are going to suck alot

Matt Barkley threads going to start popping up around week 4-6 depending on how badly we're getting wrangled.

Are schedule this year is easy up front and brutal later. Instead we will get a false sense of hope after opening 3-2, then have the wheels fly off once we get into the meat of the season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Steve

Love that line. If you put that Cowboys roster in Kansas City uniforms the media would think very little of it. Good QB, a couple good WO's, one good pass rusher and a whole lot of trash. But instead we have to hear speculation about them being a potential superbowl team.

I'd be a lot more surprised if they made the playoffs at all than if they only won 5 or 6 games.

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
- Cardinals go 3-13 and end up with a Top 5 pick. Whiz gets the boot along with the majority of the coaching staff at season's end.
- Cardinals use the Top 5 pick on Matt Barkley.

- Chicago beats New England in the Super Bowl.
- Cam Newton leads the Panthers to the playoffs and is the league MVP.
- Andrew Luck ROY. RGIII disappoints in Washington.

- St. Louis and Tampa Bay narrowly miss the playoffs in a tight race for the final Wild Card.
- Denver and NY Giants make it to their respective championship games, giving everyone hope for a Manning Super Bowl, but both fall short.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
- Cardinals go 3-13 and end up with a Top 5 pick. Whiz gets the boot along with the majority of the coaching staff at season's end.

3-13 probably would get that done. Don't know if 6-10/ 7-9 will, which is more likely.

Grimm has suspect talent along the line and the interior has performed well the past few years. Like many have said, we need someone who can handle the nuances of the game in Pass Pro better, especially for the Tackles.

It's not too late to bring in a good retired OT for some good pointers before the regular season. YOU LISTENING FO!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
We won't set the franchise records for sacks allowed this season (78 - set in 1997).

Given the way that the O-line looked last night, that is a bold prediction!!

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
3-13 probably would get that done. Don't know if 6-10/ 7-9 will, which is more likely.

Grimm has suspect talent along the line and the interior has performed well the past few years. Like many have said, we need someone who can handle the nuances of the game in Pass Pro better, especially for the Tackles.

It's not too late to bring in a good retired OT for some good pointers before the regular season. YOU LISTENING FO!

I'm not hoping we finish 3-13, but yeah...after last night feeling dark side. Part of me doesn't want to finish 6-10 or 7-9 again...hoping either we fail miserably or hit the playoffs. I actually do like Whiz a lot as a coach...I hope this doesn't play out, but after last night...ugh!!!

We definitely need help on the line. If they can bring someone in, then I'd feel much better.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ryan Lindley hits DeMarco Sampson for a game winning TD the last contest of the season with 18 seconds left dropping the Cards from the #1 overall pick to # 5 and Barkley and Wilson go #1 and #4.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Steve

Good stuff Steve, great to see you back posting even if you've been hearing the call from the darkside. :)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryan Williams will have over a 1000 yds rushing. He's so good that even the Cards O-line can't hold him back.

Whiz will coach/drag/push the Cards to a 9 win season but it isn't enough to make the playoffs. In the past this gets him fired but with Michael calling the shots (thank you lord) the rebuilding effort is completed this coming offseason.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Bears win the NFCC and the Patriots win the AFCC. The Pats get retribution for their 1986 Super Bowl beatdown by the Beears.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan Williams will have over a 1000 yds rushing. He's so good that even the Cards O-line can't hold him back.

Whiz will coach/drag/push the Cards to a 9 win season but it isn't enough to make the playoffs. In the past this gets him fired but with Michael calling the shots (thank you lord) the rebuilding effort is completed this coming offseason.

I really hope you're right. From what I've seen (barring a major trade:)), Whiz should earn coach of the year (maybe coach of the century) if he can get 9 wins from this roster. We have a tough schedule in addition to an improving division and the weakest part of our team is now even weaker.

Steve

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score

- Chicago beats New England in the Super Bowl.
- Cam Newton leads the Panthers to the playoffs and is the league MVP.
- Andrew Luck ROY. RGIII disappoints in Washington.

- St. Louis and Tampa Bay narrowly miss the playoffs in a tight race for the final Wild Card.
- Denver and NY Giants make it to their respective championship games, giving everyone hope for a Manning Super Bowl, but both fall short.

The Vikings get the number one pick and Matt Barkley.

Vick will get hurt in week 2 and the Arizona rookie will get lit up
in week3

The Cardinals will draft Logan Thomas

Rex Ryan will have a Denny Green type of meltdown in front of
the New York media

Jason Garrett will be fired at the end of the year and Jerry Jones
will try and move up for Tyler Wilson

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members