NFL network on Cox

seesred

Reaction score
Just around the corner. I sent them an e-mail today and here is the answer.

Thank you for your inquiry.

You may be happy to note that the NFL Network will be available as of 06/15/05.

This will be located on channel 162 in the Sports and Information Tier.

Thank you again for contacting us using our online service options.

GBR

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
seesred said:
Just around the corner. I sent them an e-mail today and here is the answer.

Thank you for your inquiry.

You may be happy to note that the NFL Network will be available as of 06/15/05.

This will be located on channel 162 in the Sports and Information Tier.

Thank you again for contacting us using our online service options.

GBR

Hells yeah!

A-Bomb

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I just went all-Cox...

Internet, phone, & digitial TV...and now this???

I can take it.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If their NFL channel reception is as bad as their local channel reception used to be, you aren't gaining much.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
If their NFL channel reception is as bad as their local channel reception used to be, you aren't gaining much.

Cox is all digital at channels over 100.

It will have the same PQ as a dish.

They are working on all the local channels being transfered to digital for 2007.

The cable companies are required to keep the basic channels analog wich contributes to the shadows and interference in the picture quality. It also means that someone can just plug the cable into a TV with having to have a converter box.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i go to the home games and the away games are on tv, no use for sunday ticket. nfl network i do want, i have quest and we had a 2 month trial last preseason with the jaguars camp show and stuff, i really like the channel and they ripped it to do pay for view services, havent checked on the price yet tho

Joe Moore

Starting over
Reaction score
clif said:
because the NFL just re-signed with Sattellite for I believe another 5 years or so

I think its bogus that its limited to just Directv. I moved to Seattle last year. And there is a tree brocking my view for Directv so I had to switch to Dish Network. Is there any other options or am I stuck going to the bars again this year.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Joe Moore said:
I think its bogus that its limited to just Directv. I moved to Seattle last year. And there is a tree brocking my view for Directv so I had to switch to Dish Network. Is there any other options or am I stuck going to the bars again this year.

Nope Directv got it all to themselves.. honestly I think it is the only thing that keeps them in business.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Joe Moore said:

Joe buy a big chain saw and hack down that tree. You'll thank me for it!!!!

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
Direct TV deal with the NFL

the deal Direct TV signed with the NFL last year was a 5 year contract for $3.5 billion dollars.

No one else can broadcast NFL Sunday Ticket except for Direct TV.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After three weeks of dealing with Cox's ********...don't do it. Get the Dish and be happy.

I have had random cable disconnections multiple times that take days to get resolved. I would rate their digital cable service a D- and I am being generous.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
After three weeks of dealing with Cox's ********...don't do it. Get the Dish and be happy.

I have had random cable disconnections multiple times that take days to get resolved. I would rate their digital cable service a D- and I am being generous.

Sounds like the area where you live might not have been upgraded yet. I have had cox for 7 years and never had an outage.

ATLCardsFan

Reaction score
Cox Employee

Being an employee of Cox at the Headquarters here in Atlanta, it is good to hear about all this. I know we are trying to get all chanels in digital, also the HD product is exceptional.

Good to hear we are meeting your needs with the NFL Network. One of our guys here from Corporate just took the GM job for PHX so I would think your customer service will increase rapidly in the near future.

As for Sunday Ticket, the only way to get it on cable would have been for all the cable companies to put a bid in as one, which would have been nearly impossible.

Enough of that mumbo-jumbo, I can't wait for the season to start to begin cheering on the soon to be NFC West Champions, and hopefully NFC and Superbowl champion Cards!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ATLCardsFan said:
Being an employee of Cox at the Headquarters here in Atlanta, it is good to hear about all this. I know we are trying to get all chanels in digital, also the HD product is exceptional.

Good to hear we are meeting your needs with the NFL Network. One of our guys here from Corporate just took the GM job for PHX so I would think your customer service will increase rapidly in the near future.

As for Sunday Ticket, the only way to get it on cable would have been for all the cable companies to put a bid in as one, which would have been nearly impossible.

Enough of that mumbo-jumbo, I can't wait for the season to start to begin cheering on the soon to be NFC West Champions, and hopefully NFC and Superbowl champion Cards!

whatever happened to the jerk that was over the cox customer service dept (Here in phoenix) in 2001 before they sent the calls to canada (if you know).. I used to work there up until then :mad:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
Nope Directv got it all to themselves.. honestly I think it is the only thing that keeps them in business.

clif, obviously you've never had Direct TV if you think the Sunday Ticket is the only thing that keeps them in business.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I've been wondering about that DirectTV/NFLTicket deal for a while now. I kept asking myself why the NFL wouldn't want everyone in the US to have access to attempt to purchase the ticket so they would make more money. It would seem to make sense for NFL Ticket to be available via both satelite services and all cable systems.

But, at $3.5B for 5 years, wow. If the NFL got $100 profit per subscriber (I'm sure they'd be lucky to get half that with the cable comanies, sat comp taking their cut), that's 7 million subscriber then NFL would have to have paying for the Sunday Ticket to make $3.5B. Right now DirectTV only has 15M subscribers total. I would doubt that even 1M pay for Sunday Ticket. So, DirectTV is paying more for Sunday Ticket than the NFL could make on it's own if everyone in the USA could buy it if they wanted.
Wow, the NFL has a lot of power.