NFL Total Access to feature the Cards today!

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
For all those with the NFL Network, the show NFL Total Access is doing a special feature on each team in the league every day. Today is the Cardinals!

I actually haven't seen any of the other special features, so I don't know how detailed it'll be. I caught a glimpse of the Lions show today, and they were recapping each of the games of last season, but I don't know what else they do.

But still, you should set you VCR/DVR to record it, just in case it's useful.

It airs several times today:

4 pm MST
7 pm MST
10 pm MST

Then tomorrow (all times MST).
1 am
2 am
5 am
6 am
7 am
8 am
9 am

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, I must remember to DVR this...

Thanks for the heads up.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I hope it is not another 10 minutes of QB's juggling the ball with their feet, or trying to hit the cross bar!
:bang:

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I should have mentioned this the other day to give everyone time to make plans to record it. I was scanning my Tivo todo list and noticed this was on it.

Agree that hopefully it is more than QB non-football contests.

Go Cards!!!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Interesting that Rod Woodson and studio guest Bob Sanders picked the Cardinals to take the NFC West. Jamie Dukes pushed himself away from the buffet bar long enuf to take Seattle.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
thanks appreciate it I missed yesterday will have to catch the rerun of it today much appreciated :) GO CARDS

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we should be greatful for any kind of attention, but I thought the coverage on Total Access sucked.

It was pretty much limited to replaying the previous season, bringing up the Warner vs. Leinart issue and Q's absence from OTA's. They wound up with 2 of the 3 on-air guys picking the Cards to win the division.

That was it. Nothing about our rookies. Nothing about our free agent pickups or losses. Nothing about guys who improved during the off season. Not even anything about D-Dock's failure to appear or Chike or B-Train's or A-Dub's rehabs.

In short, the average fan would come out of Total Access with any more knowledge about the team than he had going in.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Fran Charles.....sucks.

He is horrible.

I really like the running commentary on the highlights -- where the viewers were watching one play and they were describing a different one --

also completely botching the Edge "was if a fumble or not" play where Wells recovered the ball in the endzone for a TD -- "Edge got a gift of a TD on that play"

They also screwed up the the end of the half -- time running out -- Rams kick the football and get a penalty stopping the clock, allowing Warner to get the TD on the next play as time runs out on the half --- They showed the play leading up to that, but not the kicked ball or the subsequent TD. It left the viewer watching a highlight of Edge getting stopped at the 1 yard line on a handoff and thats it. Some highlight.

OP
OP
gusmahler

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
I guess we should be greatful for any kind of attention, but I thought the coverage on Total Access sucked.
Agreed. I haven't watched NFL Network since the end of the football season and I just happened to see the plug for the Cards when I was channel surfing. I was hoping for better coverage. I guess it was nice to see the highlights from last season, but as pointed out above, the commentary during the highlights was off and they missed certain things (e.g., they show Rolle scoring 3 TDs, said he scored twice, but didn't mention why he only got two TDs when he clearly went to the end zone 3 times.)

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It was pretty much limited to replaying the previous season, bringing up the Warner vs. Leinart issue and Q's absence from OTA's. They wound up with 2 of the 3 on-air guys picking the Cards to win the division.

That was it. Nothing about our rookies. Nothing about our free agent pickups or losses. Nothing about guys who improved during the off season. Not even anything about D-Dock's failure to appear or Chike or B-Train's or A-Dub's rehabs.

In short, the average fan would come out of Total Access with any more knowledge about the team than he had going in.

Which is basically the same approach with EVERY team.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really like the running commentary on the highlights -- where the viewers were watching one play and they were describing a different one --

also completely botching the Edge "was if a fumble or not" play where Wells recovered the ball in the endzone for a TD -- "Edge got a gift of a TD on that play"

They also screwed up the the end of the half -- time running out -- Rams kick the football and get a penalty stopping the clock, allowing Warner to get the TD on the next play as time runs out on the half --- They showed the play leading up to that, but not the kicked ball or the subsequent TD. It left the viewer watching a highlight of Edge getting stopped at the 1 yard line on a handoff and thats it. Some highlight.

Some weeks ago, Fran informed America... that FITZ got to 400 receptions before any other player in NFL history.

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
I still can't figure out why anytime they talk about Leinart, they show highlights of the Chicago game.

Also, didn't it seem like they talked just as much about the Colts instead of 'focusing' on the Cards. Oh well, beggers can't be choosers.

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
At least they didn't show the end of that game. :(

I think they probably showed it because that's the game where Leinart was mic'd up.

Two good points, I didn't think about the mic'd up part.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
What sucked about it was the 'highlights' of the games from last season. Every other team that I have seen thus far has had all of their games included, while several Cards games were skipped over, strangely some of the wins; Lions game, Browns, 2nd Rams game, Falcons, and the losses not shown were Seattle and Washington.