According to them, here are our:

Key additions: Michael Floyd and William Gay
Key losses: Sean Considine, Deuce Lutui, Richard Marshall

Discuss...

:)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I remember all the angst over losing Richard Marshall, myself included, and now I can't even remember where he signed and don't miss him at all.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Crazy talk. Richard Marshall as arguably the best player on our defense last season, and if not the best then close to it. I don't think he will be missed all that much because of what we have now, but losing him to the DOLPHINS sucked. ;)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I remember all the angst over losing Richard Marshall, myself included, and now I can't even remember where he signed and don't miss him at all.
Wait till we start the season. Several here are underestimating Marshall. He could have been our starting CB next to Peterson. William Gay so far looks awful. Toler is currenty 4th and maybe even 5th and clearly not there yet. Our hope should be Fleming growing up fast! IMO, even Peterson is not there yet as a CB.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude wanted too much cash though. Considering our CB depth, no way we pay him that. However, I also agree that signing Gay was a waste. He looks horrible to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude wanted too much cash though. Considering our CB depth, no way we pay him that. However, I also agree that signing Gay was a waste. He looks horrible to me.

what CB depth? You just called Gay, who's our starter a waste and horrible and if he's starting, what does that say about everyone else behind him.

I don't think 5 million per for a solid #2 CB who can also play S is too much cash, especially in what's become primarily a passing league.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Circumstances dictate that Massie is more of a "key addition" then just about anyone else in the offseason.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
what CB depth? You just called Gay, who's our starter a waste and horrible and if he's starting, what does that say about everyone else behind him.

I don't think 5 million per for a solid #2 CB who can also play S is too much cash, especially in what's become primarily a passing league.
Yep!

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some are forgeting that the Marshall at the start of last season was a far cry from what he was at end. Let's give Mr. Happy a chance.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will miss Marshall for sure. The guy just made plays.

That said how will we ever get over the loss of Sean Considine. :D

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Deuce not much of a loss, and if he was, we could go get him right now to fix that mistake.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I agree with you, just thought he wanted too much cash. He wanted starter money, how do you pay him that? Revis makes 6.2 mil and I don't see how you pay Marshall 5 mil @ # 2. PP makes something like 18.5 over 4 years. That's less than Marshall wanted. There's no way Marshall deserves bigger money than PP.

Gay is indeed horrible; I'd start just about anyone over him, aside from Michael Adams, who I think is a bigger waste than William Gay.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Key additions:
Michael Floyd - We will see about that.
William Gay < Jamel Flemming

Key losses:
Sean Considine < Justin Bethel
Deuce Lutui < Bobby Massie <-- the debate is on.
Richard Marshall < James Sanders/Jamel Flemming

Eh. Seems like they are just throwing names out there.

NV555

Reaction score
If Deuce lost some weight I would say maybe.

Gay has not shown me very much.

Should be interesting

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
I seem to recall Marshall wasn't very good at the CB spot but was really good at Safety. Maybe I don't remember.

The real key additions and losses to the roster are:
Powell
Byrd
Gay

and

Brown
Bridges

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I liked Marshall. Thought he did a great job. But I think Fleming will be better by next season. Deuce? Didn't we let him go a year ago? Didn't Seattle just let him go? Doesn't seem to be the guy the NFL is clamoring for...

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I seem to recall Marshall wasn't very good at the CB spot but was really good at Safety. Maybe I don't remember.

The real key additions and losses to the roster are:
Powell
Byrd
Gay

and

Brown
Bridges
Very excited to see what Powell and Byrd can do. I think Byrd will be our #3 by season's end. He never hesitated to go up for a catch over the middle knowing he was gonna get blasted, finished the play, and jumped right back up. Dude is tough

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Going with just stats... Marshall's impact was more than just stats as per Horton:

Marshall was 3rd on the team with tackles with 78 (1st among DB's)... AJ Jefferson was a distant 66 tackles.

Marshall was 1st on the team with 3 ints, 83 return yards (most), 49 yards longest.

2 sacks (tied with Rhodes with most among DB's).

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I liked Marshall. Thought he did a great job. But I think Fleming will be better by next season. Deuce? Didn't we let him go a year ago? Didn't Seattle just let him go? Doesn't seem to be the guy the NFL is clamoring for...

Don't know who wrote that but obviously they don't know much about the Cards as Lutui lost his job to Hadnot last season. And Considine? That's really out of left field.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Deuce not much of a loss, and if he was, we could go get him right now to fix that mistake.

What a tragic loss for Deuce. Ate his way out of Cincy and a multi-million $ contract before he even arrived... now out of the league.

I feel bad for the guy, especially as Deuce came to us already a fan. I don't recall us ever drafting another player that admitted to growing up a fan of the Cards.

Go Cards!!!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd rather have Marhsall than Gay but I think early on that Fleming will be starting and will become a very good CB. If we had kept Marshall, that may have altered the Cards draft plans and no Fleming. Marhsall did play well down the stretch but, iirc, he was not very good early in the year. Gay could make the same progression.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05