Nick and Jessica done?

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Report: Nick and Jessica Call It Quits
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
By Catherine Donaldson-Evans

NEW YORK — The Barbie-and-Ken couple who invited America to watch them struggle through their first year of marriage on national television are apparently a couple no more, according to a celebrity magazine.

After months of rumors that their relationship was on the rocks, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey are breaking up, Us Weekly reports in its current issue, with the headline "Split!"

News of the forthcoming story prompted reps for Simpson, 25, and Lachey, 31, to do what they've come to do best these days: deny it.

"Nick and Jessica have not separated," said a joint statement on behalf of the couple released Wednesday. "Rumors to the contrary are simply not true."

"They have not separated," Simpson rep Brad Cafarelli said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Alex Dudley, a spokesman for Us Weekly, said the magazine was standing by its story.

The pair catapulted from nominally well-known singers to superstars with the MTV reality show "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica", which followed them through the trials and tribulations of their new life together as husband and wife.

The program made Simpson, who’d previously had a Top 40 hit with "Irresistible", everybody’s favorite ditzy blonde du jour — especially after she mistook “Chicken of the Sea” tuna for actual chicken in one episode.

Lachey, a former member of boy band 98 Degrees (search), came to be known as the more down-to-earth, mature half of the couple.

Us Weekly blames most of the pair’s marital problems on Simpson, saying her prima donna behavior, wild lifestyle and manager-dad were major factors in the split. The story says the separation happened over the weekend.

The magazine cover promises "details on Jessica & Nick's last days — and how her ego, partying and dad drove them apart."

The couple, who married in October 2002, don’t plan to announce their separation until later this month, according to Us Weekly.

The celebrity tabloids have been predicting the Nick-and-Jessica downfall for much of the past year, obsessing and speculating endlessly about their happiness — or lack thereof. Various magazines have run photos recently of both Simpson and Lachey without their wedding rings.

E! Online even printed and then quickly retracted a story about their impending divorce in May.

The couple have repeatedly insisted that they love each other and things are going swimmingly in their marriage. Lachey described the home front situation as "absolutely wonderful" in August, dismissing buzz about a breakup.

Simpson recently starred as Daisy Duke in "The Dukes of Hazzard", which hit theaters this summer. Lachey had a recurring role on the TV show "Charmed" and a small part in the movie "Bewitched", which came out earlier this year. He just finished filming “The Hard Easy.”

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasn't there been a story about them breaking up every day since they got together? :doi:

:azdadhopesithappens: :D

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
So is she available or not? The restraining order expires soon and I would like to resume my stalking if she is on the market.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neo said:
So is she available or not? The restraining order expires soon and I would like to resume my stalking if she is on the market.

Nick and Jessica Announce Their Split

November 23, 2005

After more than a year of break-up rumors, "Newlyweds" Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey have officially decided to call it quits, ET has confirmed.

"After three years of marriage, and careful thought and consideration, we have decided to part ways," the couple said in a statement Wednesday. "This is the mutual decision of two people with an enormous amount of respect and admiration for each other. We hope that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Back in October, rumors of a split started to swirl when Jessica arrived solo (and without her wedding ring) to her sister Ashlee's 21st birthday in Las Vegas and Nick, who was scheduled to be there, was a no-show. Nick and Jessica were also reportedly apart for two more special dates: their 3rd wedding anniversary on October 26 and Nick's 32nd birthday on November 9.

It was just this fall, while talking about her new body care collection "Sweet Kisses," Jessica spoke with ET, offering marriage advice. "I think you have to always remember, and he has to remember, that you do need a compromise, even though it's hard," she said.

She admitted though, that sometimes strong personalities can get in the way of marital negotiations. "There's people with pride involved," she says. "You have to back down sometime -- just a little bit."

The couple married in Austin, TX, in front of 350 guests in an hour-long Baptist ceremony. Jessica wore a strapless Vera Wang gown and Nick sang "My Everything," a song he wrote just for his bride.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh that makes me so sad.

I really thought they'd be the ones to make it. Or at least make it to the 5 year anniversary.

:(

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I saw this thread and I thought "Who cares?"

Then I read the thread and I thought, "Who cares?" :D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I saw this thread and I thought "Who cares?"

Then I read the thread and I thought, "Who cares?" :D

:thumbup:

Damn heterosexuals and their "sanctity of marriage..... :rolleyes:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
:thumbup:

Damn heterosexuals and their "sanctity of marriage..... :rolleyes:
I've been lobbying for same sex marriage for decades. Let everyone share in the fun! :D I can't believe Lawyers don't push for it more! :D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I've been lobbying for same sex marriage for decades. Let everyone share in the fun! :D I can't believe Lawyers don't push for it more! :D

Yup - let everyone share in the misery! :) Just think what a boost to the economy it would be - you know how fab-u-lous the gay weddings would be, and if gays mirrored straights and had a 40-50% divorce rate, lawyers would really benefit.....

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I saw this thread and I thought "Wow, no way?!"

Then I read the thread and I thought, "What will Nick do?"

Newly single Lachey eyes WB romantic comedy

Mon Nov 28, 2005

Newly single actor-singer Nick Lachey is developing a WB Network sitcom in which he would play a famous baseball player trying to navigate a new marriage.

The untitled project will be crafted by Danny Jacobson, the co-creator and executive producer of "Mad About You," who described it as a "romantic comedy under a microscope."

Lachey, the former star of MTV's "Newlyweds" is no stranger to the WB, having logged multiple guest shots last season on the network's drama series "Charmed." He and wife Jessica Simpson last Wednesday announced their separation after weeks of speculation about their closely watched marriage.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

:D

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Newly single Lachey eyes WB romantic comedy

Mon Nov 28, 2005

Newly single actor-singer Nick Lachey is developing a WB Network sitcom in which he would play a famous baseball player trying to navigate a new marriage.

The untitled project will be crafted by Danny Jacobson, the co-creator and executive producer of "Mad About You," who described it as a "romantic comedy under a microscope."

Lachey, the former star of MTV's "Newlyweds" is no stranger to the WB, having logged multiple guest shots last season on the network's drama series "Charmed." He and wife Jessica Simpson last Wednesday announced their separation after weeks of speculation about their closely watched marriage.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

:D

Ugh.

Nick, please stick to music.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Ugh.

Nick, please stick to music.
Is that what he does? Seriously, I thought he was just Jessica Simpson's husband. Pretty good work if you can get it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Is that what he does? Seriously, I thought he was just Jessica Simpson's husband. Pretty good work if you can get it.
Yeah! I mean I've HEARD of Hanson. I've never heard of this guy in music. Must be a real talent. :confused:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Yeah! I mean I've HEARD of Hanson. I've never heard of this guy in music. Must be a real talent. :confused:

lol

he was a member of 98 Degrees. (my favorite boy band back in the day lol)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
lol

he was a member of 98 Degrees. (my favorite boy band back in the day lol)
WTF??? 98 degrees??? Tell me a hit song from them? I can think of a hundred boy bands and I've NEVER heard of 98 degrees. He's supposed to be the one with talent? :eek: :thud:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
WTF??? 98 degrees??? Tell me a hit song from them? I can think of a hundred boy bands and I've NEVER heard of 98 degrees. He's supposed to be the one with talent? :eek: :thud:

:biglaugh:

http://www.98degrees.com/

They are either broken up for the time being, or are on a really long "break"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know about 98 Degrees:

Jonathan Lippman left 98 Degrees and formed True Vibe a Christian group that put out two decent cds (in 2001 and 2002).

Haven't seen or heard of them since though. :shrug:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
:biglaugh:

http://www.98degrees.com/

They are either broken up for the time being, or are on a really long "break"

Check out the date on this quote: :biglaugh:

2/28/2002 - 2:38 PM

Hey Everybody,I just want to apologize to you all. I didn't know that we had broken up until I heard it on the radio. If you can't tell, I'm joking. WE HAVE NOT BROKEN UP. I hope that will clear things up. We are however taking a break like I said before. Many doors have been opened up to us over the past couple of years and we want to take advantage of some of those. Don't forget that Universal is releasing the "Collection" CD in May. And the single "Why" officially goes to radio on 3/12. We hope we can count on you guys to support this project with as much enthusiasm as you have in the past. Thanks for everything. I hope you like the new stuff. I do.

Drew

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew it was just a matter of time before she dumped him for me.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Assface said:
I knew it was just a matter of time before she dumped him for me.

Pssst....remember to brush yer teeth after eating yer peanut butter snack...I hear Jessica Simpson has peanut allergys...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lachey Seeks Support, Jewelry From Simpson
Sat Feb 18, 2006

In divorce papers, Nick Lachey is seeking spousal support from Jessica Simpson, and he wants his jewelry back.

In court papers filed Friday in response to Simpson's Dec. 16 divorce filing, Lachey cited irreconcilable differences for the dissolution of the three-year marriage.

Lachey, 32, also asked for "miscellaneous jewelry and other personal effects," part of Simpson's earnings from after the date of separation and other assets.

Lachey said he and Simpson separated Dec. 13, although she claims it was Nov. 23.

The couple, who starred in their own MTV reality show, "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica," had no prenuptial agreement and in her petition, Simpson asked the court not to grant Lachey spousal support.

Lachey, who gained fame as a member of the boy band 98 Degrees, had more earning power when the couple wed in October 2002. However, Simpson's fame skyrocketed during the marriage. The 25-year-old singer-actress reportedly earned more than $30 million last year, including earnings from her big-screen debut playing Daisy Duke in "The Dukes of Hazzard" movie.

Last month, the Mediterranean-style house the pair shared during "Newlyweds" was sold to "Malcolm in the Middle" teen actor Justin Berfield for an undisclosed price.

:lmao:

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I don't know whats worse- the fact that this guy already has lots of money and is asking for spousal support, or the fact that he's a guy and he's asking for spousal support.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake