NLCS - Diamondbacks versus Rockies - Game One GDT

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both teams fresh off sweeps.

Arizona wins first playoff series since 2001.

Colorado wins first playoff series EVER.

Dbacks in 6

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
If Livan and Doug Davis continue to pitch as they did versus the Cubs, we can win this series in 6 games. Otherwise, if we have to rely on Webby and luck, we will lose in 6 games.

I am forever the optimist... D-Backs in 6 games. I'm very glad we have the home field advantage in this...

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DBacks in 7. I am excited to see Owings pitch in the post-season. So far, he seems to elevate his game in pressure situations; I see it continuing.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Todd Helton is 10 times the hitter of anyone in the Cubs lineup. This won't be a sweep, unfortunately.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DBacks in 7. I am excited to see Owings pitch in the post-season. So far, he seems to elevate his game in pressure situations; I see it continuing.

Owings won't be able to complain about being tired. He'll have had about two weeks of rest before he sees the mound ... unless the pull him out of the bullpen, which I sort of doubt.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sticky!

These game times are stupid.

NLCS game times almost set
Nick Piecoro
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 8, 2007 09:03 AM

Start times for Games 1 and 2 of the National League Championship Series at Chase Field between the Diamondbacks and the Rockies are close to being finalized.

The Diamondbacks have been told Game 1 will be played Thursday in the late afternoon. The club was waiting to get confirmation on whether the start time would be 5 or 5:30 p.m.

The team was told Game 2 will be on Friday afternoon at 1 p.m.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Todd Helton is 10 times the hitter of anyone in the Cubs lineup. This won't be a sweep, unfortunately.
I can't agree with this statement, Gadd.He had one hit vs. the Phillies. Holliday, yes. Helton, this year, no.

edit: maybe you are right, and I just can't get past Helton's lack of home runs/terrible goatee/beard thing.

Last edited:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Sticky!

These game times are stupid.

NLCS game times almost set
Nick Piecoro
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 8, 2007 09:03 AM

Start times for Games 1 and 2 of the National League Championship Series at Chase Field between the Diamondbacks and the Rockies are close to being finalized.

The Diamondbacks have been told Game 1 will be played Thursday in the late afternoon. The club was waiting to get confirmation on whether the start time would be 5 or 5:30 p.m.

The team was told Game 2 will be on Friday afternoon at 1 p.m.

5 or 5:30? I heard 7 or 7:30 on Sports Night last night..........I hope it's a bit later. I'd like to see the full game because I'll have to record the entire Game 2 and see that after work. :-/

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 or 5:30? I heard 7 or 7:30 on Sports Night last night..........I hope it's a bit later. I'd like to see the full game because I'll have to record the entire Game 2 and see that after work. :-/

I believe it is first pitch at 5:37 pm on Thursday and first pitch at 7:18 pm on Friday.

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Let's hear it for Tucson spring training! They should play this series at TEP and Hi Corbett to save on travel. :thumbup:

Billexium

Reaction score
Holy Monkeys! Did you guys see the "Poll Page" on that ESPN link? For "Which team will win the NLCS" the highest percentage (33.3%) went to "Diamondbacks 4-0"! Over 168,000 people voted so it can't all be D'Backs fans can it? A third of people think the D'Backs would sweep?! Funny how the second highest answer is "Rockies 4-3". I guess it's all or nothing for the Backs! 53% said the D'Backs have the more dangerous lineup! Maybe the rest of America is starting to take notice?

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
so let's see, with their categories we have a slight edge, a moderate edge, and a full edge and the rockies have one category with a slight edge and their slightly favored over us? man, that makes sense!

No Mystery here... By the break down of numbers, the Diamondbacks should have never made the playoffs. The 'experts' are just guys who are fans of East Coast teams, and simply watch highlights of West Coast teams.

The number that I find most interesting is the season series number, 10-8 in favor of the Rockies. Do the 'experts' realize that the final two games were given to the Rockies? We had clinched the division and the playoffs... it was over. If memory serves me correctly, prior to the 2nd game first pitch, the Padres had already lost to and clinched the NL West division for the D-Backs. We saw what happened when the playoffs were in balance on the last Friday night - D-Backs beat the Rockies... and the Rockies were fighting for their lives that night.

I believe the D-Backs will win in 6, however, I wouldn't be surprised by a sweep... I really wouldn't be. The Rockies might have cooled off since Saturday, and the D-Backs have their rotation in line. This could spell doom for the Rockies. Regardless of what Bob Melvin has said, I believe he pitches Webb in Game 4, unless the D-Backs are up 3-0. Obviously, Webb will pitch if D-Backs are down 1-2 or 0-3, but I have to wonder if Webb isn't taxed too much tonight - Webb might be feeling good for Game 4.

Let's be honest with a few things. Everyone is picking the Rockies based on the 'offensive' streak... those same idiots tell us the post-season is about pitching. So, they try and spin it like "Francis" is some stud Ace that shut down the Phillies. Folks, the Phillies suck! The NL West is stacked with Aces, and Francis isn't one of them.

One thing that spells success in the post-season, Defense... and the Rockies have the best.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
No Mystery here... By the break down of numbers, the Diamondbacks should have never made the playoffs. The 'experts' are just guys who are fans of East Coast teams, and simply watch highlights of West Coast teams.

The number that I find most interesting is the season series number, 10-8 in favor of the Rockies. Do the 'experts' realize that the final two games were given to the Rockies? We had clinched the division and the playoffs... it was over. If memory serves me correctly, prior to the 2nd game first pitch, the Padres had already lost to and clinched the NL West division for the D-Backs. We saw what happened when the playoffs were in balance on the last Friday night - D-Backs beat the Rockies... and the Rockies were fighting for their lives that night.

I believe the D-Backs will win in 6, however, I wouldn't be surprised by a sweep... I really wouldn't be. The Rockies might have cooled off since Saturday, and the D-Backs have their rotation in line. This could spell doom for the Rockies. Regardless of what Bob Melvin has said, I believe he pitches Webb in Game 4, unless the D-Backs are up 3-0. Obviously, Webb will pitch if D-Backs are down 1-2 or 0-3, but I have to wonder if Webb isn't taxed too much tonight - Webb might be feeling good for Game 4.

Let's be honest with a few things. Everyone is picking the Rockies based on the 'offensive' streak... those same idiots tell us the post-season is about pitching. So, they try and spin it like "Francis" is some stud Ace that shut down the Phillies. Folks, the Phillies suck! The NL West is stacked with Aces, and Francis isn't one of them.

One thing that spells success in the post-season, Defense... and the Rockies have the best.

You are right, obviously! However, this Rockies team scares me. They don't have holes in their swings. They can handle a "pitcher's pitch" and put it in play. I'd be alot more confident if they were prone to more strikeouts.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Just saw a video highlight on ESPN... Cal Ripken Jr. picks the D-Backs to meet the Red Sox in the WS... with Red Sox winning it all.

I always liked Cal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan