No D'Backs Playoff Games in HD?!

Billexium

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I'm by far more of a lurker than poster on this site. Mainly b/c I feel unworthy when it comes to overall baseball knowledge! Having said that I have been following the D'Backs religiously the last few seasons. This season I've been loving the watching the home games on channel 3 and Friday night games in beautiful HD glory! But with the first AND second round of the playoffs in the NL on TBS... does that mean we won't get to watch any D'Backs games in HD unless they make it all the way to the World Series?! It might not be a big deal to some, but I think baseball (along with all sports) looks AMAZING in HD! Maybe they are doing this so more people go to the games instead of sitting at home on the couch b/c it looks so good!

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
TBS just launched their HD channel but I don't think its shown anywhere in Phoenix yet.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be too vivid/intense for Cubs fans to watch the Dback victories.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No HD unfortunately... not with Cox at least

OP
OP
B

Billexium

Reaction score
Ah... that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info! Time to ditch cable apparently. I don't know why Cox is always so far behind Dish/Directv in # of HD stations.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah... that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info! Time to ditch cable apparently. I don't know why Cox is always so far behind Dish/Directv in # of HD stations.

$$$

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
Cox cable customers in San Diego are already receiving TBS-HD. Cox launched TBS-HD (channel 733) in San Diego Monday just in time for their 1 game tie-breaker against the Rockies. I wish they could've launched TBS-HD here in the Valley as well this week. Watching the games on standard-def TBS blows.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Just the normal 247 for TBS on DTV will show up in HD

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need the new HR20-700 to get the new DTV HD Channels, because they are now being beamed down in Mpeg4 compression, which is different than the old Mpeg2 method.

So whatever all that mean, you need to get a new HD DVR from DTV ASAP!

TBS in HD is great...also USA HD has some cool HD programming.

Just waiting for FSNAZ to come and then it will be a cinch to watch all the Suns games this season in HD...

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
I hope Cox in Phoenix can get its act together between now and Thursday and find some way to show the NLCS games being broadcast on TBS-HD. Why can't they temporarily use the Mojo channel to show the games like they do for the FOXAZ HD D'Back broadcasts? I have tickets for all the home games this series, so I will get to see them in true HD. But I dread the thought of having to watch road games 3, 4 and 5 on TBS SD. The picture quality of that channel on Cox is horrid, especially watching it on a 65" or larger tv. I might just have to find a bar showing the games in HD. Or it would be cool if Chase Field could show the road games on the jumbotron for free or a donation of canned food. I'd definitely go for that.
If DirecTV was smart, they'd start running full-page ads in the AZ Republic and radio/tv spots touting the fact that they'll be carrying the NLCS games in HD, and Cox won't. Maybe the fear of losing thousands of customers to DirecTV would get Cox to come up with a quick solution and show the games in HD.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Yeah, but it takes a couple weeks to get a DirecTV hook up, so it wouldn't help you this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan