Not A Single Fan………….

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I live in Reno and can only make a game every few years. Y’all are spoiled, I’d kill to be able to have season tickets again like I did over 20 years ago. Oh no, I’m friggin old too. Arrrrrrgh

Back in my day we had Sun Devil stadium and Old Man Bidwill and we were grateful!!! Kids these days Man.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
B, you're a saint, and I mean that in every way possible. You exemplify what I have always felt for this team my entire life having lived states away from the team I loved since I was a boy. I can't ever walk away, but it hurts. Every year the same crap. I have to live through the anger of those of us who do stay away or have given up season tickets because I know if I lived in AZ, I'd be in that building with you more often than not. I just can't give them up or boycott supporting them. It goes against my whole being and sports fandom. But damn it hurts.
I removed my financial support.

I only buy bootleg nfl merchandise from China. Decent quality knockoffs the league doesn't get a dime from.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I live in Reno and can only make a game every few years. Y’all are spoiled, I’d kill to be able to have season tickets again like I did over 20 years ago. Oh no, I’m friggin old too. Arrrrrrgh

Back in my day we had Sun Devil stadium and Old Man Bidwill and we were grateful!!! Kids these days Man.
We had good tailgating back then with BleedingRed, KoC, Gee, etc....

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
I had to tell my kids to stop giving me Cardinals merchandise as gifts after the Keim/Kingsbury fiasco. I have tried quitting this team a few times. I still watch the games but I am not obsessed with them like I was as a diehard fan. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with this team and Bidwill is the one constant in all of this losing

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I had to tell my kids to stop giving me Cardinals merchandise as gifts after the Keim/Kingsbury fiasco. I have tried quitting this team a few times. I still watch the games but I am not obsessed with them like I was a diehard fan. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with this team and Bidwill is the one constant in all of this losing
I get excited for the first game of the season but it’s usually short lived.

As the season progresses excitement returns as we jockey for draft position.

In between the excitement phases I’m just a casual observer of the team more or less.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the late 90s to early 2000s you could buy Lions tickets for a song. They were terrible.
Look at Carolina right now. The Cards have been on more bad seasons than good for their entire tenure here in AZ. Even the Super Bowl year they only won 9 regular season games.

Its not just about the Washington game. Even on this forum people get down on the team during the game when we have a big lead and expect them to blow it.

Don't buy season tickets then.

You can't say "This team has sucked for ages, it's not the fans fault they sell out". If you don't want to watch the Cards at home every game them don't buy tickets.

Go to every game like @Brian in Mesa and you can complain your ass off about the team. Sell out your tickets to visiting fans and you deserve everything you get. Don't pretend it's ok to sell out because they are bad, when you know very well they are likely to be bad.

Nobody HAS to buy season tickets.

Do you think having home games feel like road games doesn't effect the team?

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And we have a questionable franchise QB.

My wife and I aren't dropping our tickets. I have been to every home game except two preseason games since the Cardinals moved here. My wife and I both have attended the games together since 1993. It's a tradition. Went to the only two games available to most fans during the pandemic (Miami and Buffalo). We both went to Tampa and saw our team compete in the Super Bowl.

Loyalty means being there when things are bad and when things are good. It's really easy for casual fans to tell others to not go to the games when they have never regularly attended games.

Kudos, I am entering year 5 as a Suns season ticket holder and, frankly, while fun, it's kind of exhausting... and they've been really good during the stretch! But... maybe with the NFL, only 8 games a year (less if we get banished for foreign lands for a weekend) and it almost exclusively being on Sunday probably makes it easier to navigate.

I don't know if I could have endured being a Suns ticket holder for most of the 2010s, they were terrible... fortunately I didn't have the disposable income at the time.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals have been brutally bad for most of your 30 years owning tickets and I gotta say, hats off, especially for the Sun Devil Stadium era... I went to only a few games during that time and I cannot imagine watching a 1pm start, in 110 degree heat and knowing we're about to get throttled by the Redskins/Eagles/Giants/Cowboys.

But assuming you still live in Mesa, that is a helluva commute. When they play on Monday or Thursday, how long is that drive? It's gotta be insane.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My dad got me on the Cardinals too back in the day. Terry Metcalf was my hero.

One of the best memories of my life was when I first got Sunday Ticket and was talking to my dad on the phone giving him the play by play when Chris Jackie made that 53 yard FG(I think against SD) to put the Cards in the playoffs.
That 4th down TD must've been rough, though.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I removed my financial support.

I only buy bootleg nfl merchandise from China. Decent quality knockoffs the league doesn't get a dime from.
A bit of both! LMAO! For jerseys, strictly China. Everything else, I'm shaken down for.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
My dad got me on the Cardinals too back in the day. Terry Metcalf was my hero.

One of the best memories of my life was when I first got Sunday Ticket and was talking to my dad on the phone giving him the play by play when Chris Jackie made that 53 yard FG(I think against SD) to put the Cards in the playoffs.
It was San Diego. I had the boy up in my shoulders so he could see the kick because everyone was standing. He was 8 then. I could pick us out of the of the crowd as the kick was in the air watching the TV replay because of that.

OP
OP
602 Native

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't buy season tickets then.

You can't say "This team has sucked for ages, it's not the fans fault they sell out". If you don't want to watch the Cards at home every game them don't buy tickets.

Go to every game like @Brian in Mesa and you can complain your ass off about the team. Sell out your tickets to visiting fans and you deserve everything you get. Don't pretend it's ok to sell out because they are bad, when you know very well they are likely to be bad.

Nobody HAS to buy season tickets.

Do you think having home games feel like road games doesn't effect the team?
I had season tickets when they were in SD and then had them through the Super Bowl and a year later.
You know what really affects the team?

The lack of ownership investing in the team. Everything else is window dressing as an excuse for poor ownership.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But assuming you still live in Mesa, that is a helluva commute. When they play on Monday or Thursday, how long is that drive? It's gotta be insane.
Yeah, weekday games absolutely suck when you mix in rush hour plus driving across town to the stadium. The next MNF on October 21st, we both took the day off just to head over to that side of town early and avoid any hassles.

Wish the NIMBYs hadn't shot down Mesa's stadium proposals back in the day. Would be a lot closer for us and the rest of the East Valley fans.

Most of those weekday games - even when we leave right after work - we get there partway into the first quarter.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, weekday games absolutely suck when you mix in rush hour plus driving across town to the stadium. The next MNF on October 21st, we both took the day off just to head over to that side of town early and avoid any hassles.

Wish the NIMBYs hadn't shot down Mesa's stadium proposals back in the day. Would be a lot closer for us and the rest of the East Valley fans.

Most of those weekday games - even when we leave right after work - we get there partway into the first quarter.
I would just take a 1/2 day off work on those days and get there early to hit up happy hour by the stadium. They usually only have 1 or 2 weekday games throughout the year anyways. I don't think we had any weekday homes games last year.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, the commute to those weekday home games is miserable. I have tried every possible route and there is just no beating it. Expect Two to three hours to get into your parking spot when you leave at 3 from Gilbert.

Like I said before I split on season tickets with a friend. When it came time to choose games I said you can have any other game, just please take the Chargers game. They were cool with it. They are retired.

I have been to three of the first four this year but will not be back until SF and Seattle to end the season. Actually might wind up at the NE game on kind of a weird deal. Probably will

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake