Now What??

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are they REALLY going to go into the season with McCown, Parsons and a rookie?

IF they draft a QB, that means a veteran pickup which would relegate McCown to 3rd string...unless traded?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we had Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger or Drew Henson as our "rookie" I could handle McCown starting the season.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll bet they go into the season with McCown, a rookie and an experienced, but unheralded vet (a guy like Rick Mirer...but not Rick Mirer).

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
I'll bet they go into the season with McCown, a rookie and an experienced, but unheralded vet (a guy like Rick Mirer...but not Rick Mirer).

There's Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson... Not too much. O'Donnell practically retired last season.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Someone like Jeff Blake :)

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So the rookie is #3, McCown starts...or at least competes with Vet QB for starting spot?

I could see that I guess.

You just wonder if there is some bombshell waiting for tomorrow. This all seems too bizarre.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
So the rookie is #3, McCown starts...or at least competes with Vet QB for starting spot?

Yeah, that's how I see it going down.

Maybe Green really likes McCown and didn't want him feeling the pressure of an established starter hanging over him. Who knows.

I'd love to see a huge (positive) bonb dropped in the next few days. At this point in time, I don't read the Blake cut as a "positive," but that could change.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It'll be mercifully short, but I'd wager that we're seeing the dawning of the Jeff George Era in Arizona. He wants to play football again, desperately.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Where'd you hear that (not doubting, just curious).

Len Pasquarelli was posting it constantly throughout the season, at least early and through the camps. "Waiting by the phone"-type comments.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Where'd you hear that (not doubting, just curious).

Tip Sheet, August 29, 2003

In the wake of the Pennington injury, the Jets contacted at least three quarterbacks -- Kent Graham, Elvis Grbac and Bobby Hoying -- who told the team that they were not interested in auditioning for the vacancy. We know at least one guy the Jets declined to call, who would have jumped at the opportunity, and probably paid his own way to Long Island for the workout. The name Jeff George ring a bell? Yeah, we know all the knocks and the horror stories. And we know there is at least one assistant on the Jets staff who made it clear George should not be considered. But let's put this in perspective: This is a league that welcomes back drug abusers after they have served their suspensions. It's a league where curious characters get second and third chances all the time. It's a league where Bill Romanowski, one of the most despicable players in recent history, continues to draw a pay check when he ought to be at least facing civil charges. And it's a league in which Jeff George, who has assimilated a ton of offenses and thrown for 25,000 yards, can't even get a phone call? Does anyone really believe there are 96 quarterbacks on the planet, that's three per franchise, with talents superior to those of Jeff George? That the guy is sitting at home in Indianapolis, waiting for the phone to ring if some team suffers an injury and is desperate, is a sham.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Jeezus, no.

If he comes in with the understanding that he's going to back up McCown and the only way he's going to leave his mark on the NFL in any lasting fashion would be due to developing a pro-bowl caliber QB under his tutilage, then I might be okay with him.

I'd rather have Blake, though....

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeezus, no.
It's amazing how stories get twisted.

I understand it's going to be David Krieg.

Bobcat

Reaction score
At this point in time, I don't read the Blake cut as a "positive," but that could change.

Heck we just got ride of our very own "Leon!!!" Isn't that a positive???

Allan:confused:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a truth to the rumor that Warren Moon is making a comeback?

okay, I just began it.....

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
everyone get ready for jeff george. during the season on espnews, green was promoting jeff george during monday quaterback. we all know how much green likes to keep in the family. i must state this now. this is just pure speculation. if green gets george, you heard it from me first.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05