O-Line Coach

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I know Russ Grimm is a "hog" and Hall of Famer, but he has been here four years and yet to get us a running game. I think Beanie and Hightower are above average backs and if we had an O-line that can open holes on a consistent basis we would be better as a team. We always are finshing in the bottom 5 of team rushing in the league.We have had the same O-line for all four years now and maybe its coaching thats not working. I think its time to be looking for a proven O-line coach. Maybe a O-line coach from the Shanhan tree. Zone blocking scheme.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
For all of the accolades Grimm had coming to the Cardinals you would believe that this Oline would perform much better than it has.

I firmly believe its not a question of talent its more a question of the Oline coach ability to improve the performance of the players. I believe you get a real coach in here and you will see the performance of guys like Brown, Keith and Sandlein improve to the point that the line will become a better than average line.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know Russ Grimm is a "hog" and Hall of Famer, but he has been here four years and yet to get us a running game. I think Beanie and Hightower are above average backs and if we had an O-line that can open holes on a consistent basis we would be better as a team. We always are finshing in the bottom 5 of team rushing in the league.We have had the same O-line for all four years now and maybe its coaching thats not working. I think its time to be looking for a proven O-line coach. Maybe a O-line coach from the Shanhan tree. Zone blocking scheme.

Well, I don't think you can hardly believe that this years offensive line is the same as the last three years. You only have 2 members that are returning to their previous positions, which are Sendlien and Lutui. Levi has been switched from the right side to the left side, Faneca has replaced Reggie Wells, and has been Bridges and Keith on the right side. So not too much continuity there this year.

While Grimm must certainly bear some of the blame for the poor performance, some of it must also be laid at the feet of the OC because of the horrendous play calling and the qb'ing has absolutely been an embarrassment since the last pre season game.

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
Well, I don't think you can hardly believe that this years offensive line is the same as the last three years.

Warner did a great job overcoming the faults of our line over those years. Te running game still stunk and the line was no better then than now.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how much of it is Grimm's fault and how much of it is poor play calling. We'll never be a good running team in terms of total yards because we never call run plays. If you are looking at yards per attempt we are ranked 9th right now!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

I hardly call that being poor rushing team. Last year we were 23rd, which wasn't great but was progress. But 9th. You can't say we are a bad rushing team when we are ranked 9th in YPA. Of course we always finish in the bottom 5 in total yards we are always one of the last 3 in total attempts.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know how much of it is Grimm's fault and how much of it is poor play calling. We'll never be a good running team in terms of total yards because we never call run plays. If you are looking at yards per attempt we are ranked 9th right now!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

I hardly call that being poor rushing team. Last year we were 23rd, which wasn't great but was progress. But 9th. You can't say we are a bad rushing team when we are ranked 9th in YPA. Of course we always finish in the bottom 5 in total yards we are always one of the last 3 in total attempts.

This will be the third consecutive season the Cards have finished last (32nd) in total rushing attempts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05