# of posters!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I see that this is the busiest I have seen the board in a while?

I wonder if we are actually anxiously awaiting some good news from Cardinal land?

I hope we get it but I sure am not very optimistic!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More and more by the minute!

It feels like we are all walking on pins and needles!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
hopefully we all dont get locked out like last time.:D

I think the capacity of the board was increased after that incident with Kordell (i think)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, there's a ton of posters on right now. I also noticed a bunch of new posters lately.

If we all post something at the same time will it mess up the system?

Along the same lines, what if you flushed every toilet in a big building? Would it burst the pipes? You know, like a school or hospital or some place that has a lot of toilets.

I have too much free time.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK now the #s are dwindling fast.

I guess people were hoping to come here and get excited now ther are all being let down and jumping ship! :(

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Along the same lines, what if you flushed every toilet in a big building? Would it burst the pipes? You know, like a school or hospital or some place that has a lot of toilets.

I have too much free time. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually tried this once in highschool, nothing happened. We determined that all of the toilets would have to be on the same floor in the same room for something to actually happen?

AndyO

Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if Rod Graves ever realizes how many people he has sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting for some sort of action by him? Some news, please!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by so far away

I have too much free time.

Actually tried this once in highschool, nothing happened. We determined that all of the toilets would have to be on the same floor in the same room for something to actually happen? [/B][/QUOTE]

I remember that just before the Ravens stadium opened they tested the toilets by having volunteers flush every single one at the same time. It worked fine.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan

I remember that just before the Ravens stadium opened they tested the toilets by having volunteers flush every single one at the same time. It worked fine. [/B][/QUOTE]

Was there anything in the bowl other than water when they flushed? It could be a whole different ballgame if something were floating around in there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct, sir. They should've dropped a King Size Baby Ruth in every toilet (remember Caddyshack?) and put a cup of lemonade is each urinal. That would've been way more scientific.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AndyO
I wonder if Rod Graves ever realizes how many people he has sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting for some sort of action by him? Some news, please!

AndyO maybe you are Graves. I think it is kind of funny that you are a new poster and you bring this up. Now go back to the phone and get those contracts done.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Roger that. You know, the top of the Eiffel Tower could burn and Saddam's 2 sons could be wasted before we hear even the remotest thing new about rookie signings...

AndyO

Veteran
Reaction score
I wish I had Rod Graves job! Actually having a say in how the Cards are run? Why I'd get those picks signed, and have nickel beer day at the home opener. :D

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you would like to but exactly what would you (or anyone) do that RG is not doing right now ?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
I know you would like to but exactly what would you (or anyone) do that RG is not doing right now ?

How about...as long as the demands are not completely outrageous, I give the players what they want with bells and whistles and get them in camp and instead of waiting for every damn team around me to set the slot, I set the slot and for once let everyone who drafted around me to work off what I have done?

Oh and nickel beers opening day.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan

Run around naked in the practice field when the sprinklers are on. :D

AndyO

Veteran
Reaction score
Seriously, could it be the long arm of the Bidwill's tying Rod' hands? According to KDUS this afternoon, Graves and the agents have agreed to not divulge any negotiations to the media, so I guess we are to be kept in the dark until the deals are made. Jurecki also stated that rumour has it that the Boldin deal is held up over first year $$. Don't know if this was common knowledge or not, it was news to me.

The news blackout is frustrating, though.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
If I was Rod Graves right now?

I'd get on my little cell phone, call our three agents on thier little cell phones, and make three deals.

Today.

By 5:00 MST.

I'd use the rookie pool, and some of that 10 million plus we will never spend, make these three players happy, make these three agents happy, make Cardinal fans happy, make the pundits that claim "same old Cardinals" write something good about us, and make the negotiations for every other competing team in the NFL harder, I'd piss off THIER players, because they can't even get as good a deal as the Cardinals would do.

In one fell swoop, I'd take a big shot at our negative perception issue with the players association, and the media, and the fans.

That's what I'd do.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
How about...as long as the demands are not completely outrageous, I give the players what they want with bells and whistles and get them in camp and instead of waiting for every damn team around me to set the slot, I set the slot and for once let everyone who drafted around me to work off what I have done?

So how do you know that what the players want right now is not

a) completely outrageous
b) Beyond what would allow us to sign all 3 within the Rokkie cap. Note: Agent only cares about his guy.
c) Is financialy plausible for the Cardinals given their cash flow situation (re:no stadium
d) The "bells & whistles" wanted will not break the bank next year.

From what I have read the agents are trying to avoid "setting the slot" as they don't want to be the one who got less. The agents seem to be more concerned about recruiting customers for next year rather than serving their customers for this year.