Off-season thread pt.1

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Once all of the venting is done it's time to look towards another edition of the merry-go-round off season w/ the Suns.

Until this thread gets too full, feel free to post ideas/options here.

I'm just tossing one out, but if Milwaukee gets the #1 pick and the Suns get the ATL at 4-6 then package that pick and Amare to send to the Bucks for the #1 pick and get Oden.

Maybe take the late 20's picks and package them, if possible to move up to the mid teens and draft the PG from.... OSU or FL?? I can't remember his name. The Suns need a Baron Davis/Derron Williams type point guard to succeed Nash - 6'4" physical, able to penetrate and finish.

those are just initial thoughts.. I'd say everyone sans Nash and Bell are available in trade.

Maybe bring in Kerr as GM (much speculation)

3yrs of this style and zilch.. It's time for a Barkly-esque type change.

I would have taken Diop, but evidently Dallas took the option...

Guh, another long off season of "what if's"...

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Ray allen. Atlanta pick. No more run 'n' gun (while the suns can still be an offense-based team. thats what it takes.

no way is bell untouchable. he can be traded for the right offer.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Getting Garnett to add to Amare and Nash would be kind of similiar to getting Barkley.
Except Garnett won't be as cheap as Barkley but not that expensive that it would cost us our core really.
Marion, Thomas and #4 for Garnett.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no way the suns would trade a already proven great player amare for a rookie if they do I quit

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
Im really not sure what we CAN do. Marion is a 'star' but not a superstar, and he's making superstar money. Nash is going to be another year older and making big money. Amare is maxed. Diaw is making 10m a year eating mcdonald's and not giving a crap about basketball. Banks is a turd making 5 mil. Barbosa craps himself in important, physical games. Raja is gonna be 32. Not sure how we can turn this into a team that has a chance to win four playoff series in a row next year.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Im really not sure what we CAN do. Marion is a 'star' but not a superstar, and he's making superstar money. Nash is going to be another year older and making big money. Amare is maxed. Diaw is making 10m a year eating mcdonald's and not giving a crap about basketball. Banks is a turd making 5 mil. Barbosa craps himself in important, physical games. Raja is gonna be 32. Not sure how we can turn this into a team that has a chance to win four playoff series in a row next year.

Marion will be a FA next year , likely. Banks makes 3M$ not 5. Diaw makes 9.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Banks made $3.6 million this season and is at 3.9 next season. But seriously, if he isn't going to get off the bench in Game 5 when the whole team is sucking wind and no one can slow down Parker, he has no role on this team. I can't believe he'll be back next year.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would hope with the Suns 2nd first round pick that Acie Law is available. I know it's a long shot but you never know. If he is gone I would look at Tucker out of Wisconsin or Pruitt out of USC.

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
Once all of the venting is done it's time to look towards another edition of the merry-go-round off season w/ the Suns.

Until this thread gets too full, feel free to post ideas/options here.

I'm just tossing one out, but if Milwaukee gets the #1 pick and the Suns get the ATL at 4-6 then package that pick and Amare to send to the Bucks for the #1 pick and get Oden.

Maybe take the late 20's picks and package them, if possible to move up to the mid teens and draft the PG from.... OSU or FL?? I can't remember his name. The Suns need a Baron Davis/Derron Williams type point guard to succeed Nash - 6'4" physical, able to penetrate and finish.

those are just initial thoughts.. I'd say everyone sans Nash and Bell are available in trade.

Didn't Sarver offer him the job last year only for Kerr to turn it down?

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
What about Jermaine O'Neal? With the Suns needing to get bigger and Indiana looking to forget the past few seasons could there be a deal surrounding JO & Marion or will Indiana try to force feed whomever takes O'Neal to take on Tinsley as well?

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
major change

not sure what that means but we need major changes

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't want O'Neal. He shoots a terrible percentage for a big man and is a very old 28 1/2. Let the Lakers make that mistake (which I think they will).

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score

Thanks for starting the thread, and no disrepect intended, but awful ideas (cept the draft a big PG one - a swing PG/SG who can defend and dish would be a big help playing alongside Barbs).

Amare and #4 for Oden? No and thank you, no. The Suns need more, better bench players - not a rookie center. #4 should produce a rook who can contribute from the bench immediately, and become a star down the road. This team needs more quality pieces, not fewer.

Kerr as GM? Please. Make my head stop pounding. Kerr has shown no ability to judge teams or talent outside of identifying the importance of having the most dominating player in the league in order to win. Jordan and Duncan are his keys to success.

What indications are there he can GM a team without the luck of having a Jordan or Duncan? Heck, everytime a marquee player had a big game in the playoffs, there was Kerr with a gushing article about how that player (Nash, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, Baron, etc, etc, etc) was probably "the best player in the league!".

If you want a new GM, convince Sarver to bring BC back from Canada.

Diop? Seriously? Diop?

The_Matrix

Jump Program
Reaction score
I don't want O'Neal. He shoots a terrible percentage for a big man and is a very old 28 1/2. Let the Lakers make that mistake (which I think they will).

I think the Knicks will take him. There are some rumors that Jermaine wants to get back together with ol' buddy Isaiah Thomas. Eddy Curry + Jermaine O'Neal + Jared Jeffries would be a sight to behold.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I would actually have to consider Amare for Oden. How many rings did Shaq/Hakeem win over their careers? How many rings did Barkley/Malone win over their careers?

Don't know if I'd give up Amare/#4 though. Amare/#24/future first and we can talk. If we could land Oden and Conley or Oden and Horford, I would have to seriously consider it. That's like having a frontline of David Robinson and, say, Otis Thorpe.

Other than that, Stoudemire is completely untouchable!

How about looking to DEN for Camby? Why not see if they bite on Marion/Bell or Marion/Barbosa/#24 for Camby/Smith or Camby/Blake or something like that? Hell, I'd send Marion for Hilario and swap our #29 for their pick. If they could run Iverson-Melo-Marion-whoever-Camby or Hilario, I think they'd be happy.

The_Matrix

Jump Program
Reaction score
How about looking to DEN for Camby? Why not see if they bite on Marion/Bell or Marion/Barbosa/#24 for Camby/Smith or Camby/Blake or something like that? Hell, I'd send Marion for Hilario and swap our #29 for their pick. If they could run Iverson-Melo-Marion-whoever-Camby or Hilario, I think they'd be happy.

That's tempting. The perimeter defense would suffer but our shot blocking and rebounding would be best in the league. Though Camby and Nene are really valuble to the Nugz, I don't think they want Marion.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver has a 3. Carmelo isn't a 2 and never will be.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
There are some rumors that Jermaine wants to get back together with ol' buddy Isaiah Thomas. Eddy Curry + Jermaine O'Neal + Jared Jeffries would be a sight to behold.

O'Neal can want it until the cows come home, but that won't make it happen. The Knicks have almost no trade pieces to work with.

And Jared Jeffries, wtf? He's awful.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
And Jared Jeffries, wtf? He's awful.

Are you crazy?!??!?!?!?

If only NYK would listen to us, I'd send Amare/Marion/#4/#24/#29 for Jeffries straight up! David Aldridge said that it's a fair offer!!!

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Oh, btw....

On Oden, the last time we heard about how NBA-ready a center was, he was called Tim Duncan. Funny how that one turned out....

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
I totally forgot that James Posey was a free agent. We've got a big hole at SF, and he could bring some D and toughness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05