Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The game starts at the line!
With a great line a team can make do with a mediocre QB and a mediocre RB.
Arizona does not have a mediocre QB. They do not have a mediocre RB.
If Levi Brown is good or even good enough than the Cardinals will be better for it.

Be happy people! The line is never sexy but it is vital.

I am done arguing with the card yeahooos, you would be happy with ronald mcdonald at 5, this argument is a joke considering the cardinals let davis walk and pick a player that is less complete as a college player with the same questions on heart.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I am done arguing with the cardianl yeahooos, you would be happy with ronald mcdonald at 5, this argument is a joke considering the cardinals let davis walk and pick a player that is less complete as a college player with the same questions on heart.

We had Grimus rated higher than Ronald on the board

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the negativity.

Even if we still had LD we need help on the OL.

Worst case we we took Brown 2-4 picks too early that's hardly a major reach.

Best case he was [as has been reported] the top OT on OUR board. From what I have heard he suits our needs and projected style of play better than Joe Thomas.

I see nothing to bitch about and as for AP, it seems that star RBs come from later picks as easily as the top of the first round.

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
I wish we had traded down and taken Brown at 8 or so. 10 would have been risky.

Curse the Browns. I think the pick is risky (another LD?) but proper. AP is an injury risk himself, and we have a great runner if only we have an OL. At least we identified our core problem and took a player, consistently in the top 10 in the mocks, to address it. The talk about "We're OK on OL" is revealed as blowing smoke, so my doubts about the sanity of Whiz et al are diminished. Now if we take Marten at 3 or 4 to cut the risk more and have at least one good OT if not 2, I'll be satisfied (unless we throw away the other picks).

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm being particularly negative (though I would have much preferred AP), but I think the negativity comes from clearly drafting based on need--taking the "next" best player at the position of greatest need.

IMO, you use FA for filing needs and the draft for adding talent, not plugging holes.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I am done arguing with the card yeahooos, you would be happy with ronald mcdonald at 5, this argument is a joke considering the cardinals let davis walk and pick a player that is less complete as a college player with the same questions on heart.

Exactly this pick is horrible because of what put us in the position of having to do it.

You can argue all day we had to do it, but we shouldn't have had to do it and it was a stupid move.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Relax. This is a safe and solid pick. Whiz and Grimm got the guy they wanted.
It fills a huge need with a quality kid and obviously fits the mold of what this staff is looking for.

Too hell with the rankings. Two years ago Shaun Merriman didn't go until the 12th pick and when you look back he should have went 4th or 5th.

Leonard Davis was the 2nd pick and till now certainly hasn't been worthy of that.

Not a glamour pick but solid.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

First, I love McDonalds. If you've spent anytime eating MRE's you learn to love EVERY other type of food.

Second, Davis just wasn't all that great. As a draft day pick it was stellar, but as a game day player he wasn't all that groovy. As a draft day pick Brown isn't sexy but here's to hoping he's a game day performer.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
#7 - Minnesota Vikings

Adrian Peterson
RB | (6'1
You must be registered for see images attach
", 217, 4.4) | OKLAHOMA

Scouts Grade: 98

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthyView by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag
| All Ranked Players
| NFL Draft History You are signed into Insider
You must be registered for see images
and have access to the exclusive draft content below.
Strengths: Possesses an outstanding combination of size, power and speed. Shows a great deal of competitiveness and toughness as a runner. Extremely instinctive as a runner. Shows excellent vision and patience. Runs with ideal balance and body control. Makes quick cuts and shows very good initial burst off his plant foot. He is an upright runner but he also knows when to lower his shoulder for the most part. Rare in terms of his ability to gain yards after contact. He is a punishing back that will wear a defense down with 25-35 carries, and he seems to improve as the game wears on. He shows the initial burst and speed to consistently turn the corner as an outside runner. He continues to improve as a route runner. He has displayed soft hands as a receiver and has upside in that facet of the game. He also shows the size, strength and competitiveness to develop into a solid pass blocker with improved technique and more attention to detail.

Weaknesses: Durability is the biggest concern. He has been limited by injuries in each of his three collegiate seasons, yet he also has lots of mileage on his legs with 728 carries in the 30 games played to date. He will enter the NFL having already suffered injuries to his shoulder, ankle and collarbone. He is an upright runner that loses some power because he fails to consistently run with good pad-level. He's not overly elusive and won't make many defenders miss in space. He lacks ideal experience in the passing game. Will need polishing as a route runner and as a blocker.

Overall: Peterson started eight of 13 games played as a true freshman in 2004, when he rushed for 1,925 yards and 15 touchdowns on 339 carries. He also caught five passes for 12 yards that season. He was suspended for two days during 2005 spring practice and did not start vs. UCLA because he missed classes. As a sophomore in 2005, Peterson started eight of 11 games played (missed Baylor and parts of three other games with ankle sprain), and finished with 1,108 yards and 14 TD's on 220 carries, and caught nine passes for 50 yards. A broken collarbone (Iowa State 10/14) forced him to miss seven games in 2006. For the season he rushed 188 times for 1,012 yards (5.4 average) and 12 touchdowns and also caught 10 passes for 136 yards and one touchdown, earning him a first team All-Big 12 selection. On a side note: His father was in prison from when Peterson was in middle school until October of 2006. Durability is the biggest knock on Peterson. Otherwise, he's a complete prospect with special physical skills and competitiveness. When healthy, Peterson displays an outstanding combination of size, vision, instincts, burst and power as a runner. Also, while his receptions were limited in college, he displays soft hands and lots of potential in that department. Overall, Peterson is by far the best running back in the 2007 class and he ranks as one of the top-five prospects regardless of position.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game starts at the line!
With a great line a team can make do with a mediocre QB and a mediocre RB.
Arizona does not have a mediocre QB. They do not have a mediocre RB.
If Levi Brown is good or even good enough than the Cardinals will be better for it.

Be happy people! The line is never sexy but it is vital.

:thumbup:

Reaction score
leave it to the cardinals to have a top 5 pick and draft a player rated second at his position. thats a coach mac type pick for you

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great pick for Minn. He woulda looked good in Red, but he'll be just fine behind that line. (ooh notice how the line came into play there)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
leave it to the cardinals to have a top 5 pick and draft a player rated second at his position. thats a coach mac type pick for you

Yeah, it sucks that we got stuck with the second QB last year. Just because another player was ranked ahead of him at his position does't mean that Brown is crap.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Even if we still had LD we need help on the OL.

Worst case we we took Brown 2-4 picks too early that's hardly a major reach.

Best case he was [as has been reported] the top OT on OUR board. From what I have heard he suits our needs and projected style of play better than Joe Thomas.

I see nothing to bitch about and as for AP, it seems that star RBs come from later picks as easily as the top of the first round.

Exactly my thoughts. We were rumored to like Brown for weeks and he was probably 3rd on our board behind Thomas and Adams. Lack of willing trade partners because Quinn and AP are going to slide anyway forced our hand. Suprising WAS didn't take either Okoye or Anderson but I think even they couldn't find a trade partner.

BigOX

Reaction score
McFadden 08

Obviously that is in satire but if Dennis Green picked Levi at 5 people would riot.

The Fans sure have a lot of faith in Whiz and Grimm to pass on a Franchise RB. One of the best to come out in a decade

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks that we got stuck with the second QB last year. Just because another player was ranked ahead of him at his position does't mean that Brown is crap.

That right there is a pretty good arguement. :raccoon:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
good pick for the vikes. what is up with arrington. is he done?

Reaction score

but was levi our highest player ranked above peterson? im sure leinart was ranked top for us last year. i guess BPA isnt true at all. reaching for need is our style.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Best case he was [as has been reported] the top OT on OUR board.

they have never stated that once nor has the media. It has always been they had them rated close to each other. Not one credible report has ever stated they like one more then the other.

I mean they are saying the same exact thing as we speak on the radio.

Last edited:
Reaction score
they have never stated that once nor has the media. It has always been they had them rated close to each other. Not one credible report has ever stated they like one more then the other.

thats true i guess...im just bitter...i hope levi works out! go cards

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
#8 - Atlanta Falcons

Jamaal Anderson
DE | (6'5
", 288, 4.75) | ARKANSAS

Scouts Grade: 95
Selected by: Atlanta Falcons
Round: 1
Pick (Overall): 8(8) View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag
| All Ranked Players
| NFL Draft History You are signed into Insider
You must be registered for see images
and have access to the exclusive draft content below.
Strengths: Possesses outstanding size and good straight-line speed for such a big defensive end. Is tall with great weight distribution, long arms and big hands. Displays good lower body strength and upper body power. Is able to jar offensive linemen with initial punch. Bats down a lot of passes with his long arms. Plays with a high motor and is relentless as a pass rusher. He has enough size and strength to effectively hold his ground when teams run at him, so long as he plays with good leverage. He pursues hard from the backside in run-support and he is a powerful tackler.

Weaknesses: Not overly fluid as an athlete and struggles to redirect. Anticipation skills are inconsistent and he gets too many late jumps off the snap of the ball. Fires out of his stance too high at times and must learn to play with better leverage. Needs to do a better job of using his hands to get off blocks. He will struggle to disengage quickly enough versus the run. Limited experience; he was only a starter for a year and a half at Arkansas before leaving early.

Overall: Anderson saw action in all 11 games in 2004 as a true freshman off the bench and on special teams recording 18 total tackles, two tackles for loss, and one blocked punt. In 2005, he once again played in all 11 games but received five starts to end the year after Anthony Brown was injured and registered 47 total tackles including 10.5 for loss, 5.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles. Anderson then started all 14 games during the 2006 season amassing 65 total tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, 13.5 sacks, and one forced fumble gaining First Team All-SEC recognition. Anderson possesses a rare combination of size, straight-line burst and power. The good news and bad news with Anderson is that he's still relatively raw. While he may not be ready to contribute as an every-down player as a rookie, he displays the physical tools to develop into an upper-echelon starter if he continues to progress at the next level. Anderson should be one of the top-three defensive ends selected in 2007-- most likely in the mid- first round range.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miami's got to take Quinn, right? Culpepper, even if healthy THIS year, isn't going to hold up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05