Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
Not an exciting pick. It doesn't sound like he's the surest-handed receiver--a clone of our current crop. Wish we had Josh Gattis instead. Or Joe Newton--I think he's still on the board, and lauded as a blocker.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We are going to look back on this one day and cry when Peterson dominates the NFL. Leonard Davis LT2 flashbacks running through my head
Bump. And good call here. All the fun starts at around page 4. :D

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know I was on board on filling the huge hole at LT and was glad we did so. I think it was this draft that cemented for me that you draft BPA, especially in the 1st rd.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
2007 draft was loaded with talent and we let Leonard Davis go and then used our 2007 draft pick to draft Leonard Davis. :bang:

Well at least having drafted Leinart the year before kept us from drafting Brady Quinn.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2007 draft was loaded with talent and we let Leonard Davis go and then used our 2007 draft pick to draft Leonard Davis. :bang:

Well at least having drafted Leinart the year before kept us from drafting Brady Quinn.

Levi Brown, Alan Branch and Buster Didn't-Make-It-Through-Training-Camp were our first three picks in that draft. That is horrific.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, I just went through the 2007-9 drafts. do we really only have ONE player on the team four years later from those three drafts? wow...Rod Graves and Wiz were just atrocious personnel people.

they did well...I guess in the 2010 draft with three players still on the team and one home-run with Washington...but even the next draft, in 2011...egads. Peterson is the only one who's made any kind of impact and by next year, he'll be the only one on the team from that draft as well as it looks like Ryan Williams isn't part of the future and Housler, is well...Housler. oh yeah...forgot about Acho. he was in that 2011 draft.

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
so, I just went through the 2007-9 drafts. do we really only have ONE player on the team four years later from those three drafts? wow...Rod Graves and Wiz were just atrocious personnel people.

they did well...I guess in the 2010 draft with three players still on the team and one home-run with Washington...but even the next draft, in 2011...egads. Peterson is the only one who's made any kind of impact and by next year, he'll be the only one on the team from that draft as well as it looks like Ryan Williams isn't part of the future and Housler, is well...Housler. oh yeah...forgot about Acho. he was in that 2011 draft.

That was an ugly thread to read.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Strange thing is that I think Graves would still be with the team if he hadn't messed up the cap.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Holy mother of GOD! Graves just does not get it, and apparently neither does Whiz and Grimm. Don't address our biggest weakness in free agency, let our only LT go, then REACH for a LT in the draft! Brilliant! BRILLIANT! As it's been pointed out before, it's Leonard over Tomlinson all over again. Only Leonard was rated as a top 5 pick and Brown isn't even #&%$ing close!

I hate you Graves.
:bang: