Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The CB run is about to start, I wonder who's going to be available at 38.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
#15 - Pittsburgh Steelers

Lawrence Timmons
OLB | (6'0
You must be registered for see images attach
", 234, 4.66) | FLORIDA STATE

Scouts Grade: 91

Flags: (Y: YOUNG PLAYER) Need more film evaluation
Selected by: Pittsburgh Steelers
Round: 1
Pick (Overall): 15(15) View by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag
| All Ranked Players
| NFL Draft History You are signed into Insider
You must be registered for see images
and have access to the exclusive draft content below.
Strengths: A gifted natural athlete. He possesses adequate size and the frame to get bigger. Displays fluid hips and good change-of-direction skills. He is a sideline-to-sideline playmaker versus the run. Displays excellent closing burst and is a big hitter for his size. He possesses outstanding initial quickness and is a huge threat when turned loose off the edge as a pass rusher. He has a knack for shooting the correct gap and blowing up plays in the backfield. Displays very good range in coverage when he diagnoses the play quickly enough. Also possesses the speed and athleticism to match up one-on-one versus the NFL's premier running backs in coverage.

Weaknesses: Still lacks ideal playing experience. Must improve his recognition skills and do a better job of diagnosing play. He needs to improve his hand usage in order to get off blocks quicker. Must improve his strength in order to match up better in the phone booth. He lacks ideal awareness in coverage. He will get caught peeking in the backfield and takes too many false steps.

Overall: Timmons appeared in all 12 games as a true freshman during the 2004 season, registering 12 total tackles and one tackle for loss. In 2005, he played in all 13 contests as the team's No. 2 strong-side outside linebacker, a third-down rush-end, and on special teams, tallying 36 total tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery. Timmons then started all 13 games in 2006 and recorded 79 total tackles, 18 tackles for loss, five sacks, one interception, one fumble recovery, and two blocked kicks to earn honorable mention All-ACC accolades from the media. While his workout results were not quite as impressive as expected, Timmons still possesses a very good combination of size, speed and athleticism. The early-entry prospect could have used another season in college to polish his skills and improve his strength. However, he showed a great deal of upside in his only season as a fulltime starter in 2006. Timmons is versatile enough to home a fit in a 3-4 scheme, but we believe his best fit will be at "WILL" linebacker in the NFL. Regardless, he should quickly develop into a playmaking starter and he's entirely too talented to slip out of the first round.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jarvis Moss could slip because of character issues. Alan Branch may slip there because of injury issues.

This could be interesting

I would like Jarvis Moss. If we're going to switch to the 3-4 than Dockett-Watson-Branch would be a solid front and would keep blockers off of the linebackers.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
#16 - Green Bay Packers

Justin Harrell
DT | (6'4
", 300, 5.04) | TENNESSEE

Scouts Grade: 90

Flags: (I: INJURY) Coming off injury that may affect playView by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag
| All Ranked Players
Strengths: Is tall with adequate bulk and even more room on his frame to get bigger. He caries his weight extremely well and is a fluid athlete for his size. Shows good initial quickness and the ability to disrupt the run consistently. Is able to change directions quickly and also shows some closing burst for such a big defender. He is big enough to hold his ground versus the run when he gets good positioning and stays low. He displays above average lower body strength to clog a gap versus the run. He can push the pocket and uses long arms to disrupt the vision of opposing quarterbacks. He showed impressive leadership and toughness with his willingness to play through a biceps tear during the Florida game as a senior in 2006.

Weaknesses: He has never been very productive as a pass rusher. He seems to lack awareness and instincts in that regard. He also needs to use his hands better in order to get off of blocks. He is stout versus the run but lacks explosive upper body strength to jar offensive linemen initially. Durability is a significant issue after partially torn biceps injury cost him the final 10 games of his senior season in 2006. He also missed time with leg and ankle injuries in 2003 and another ankle injury in 2004.

Overall: Harrell was redshirted in 2002. In 2003, he missed the first five games with a broken ankle and then appeared in the remaining eight games, registering 10 total tackles and one tackle for loss. Harrell underwent right leg surgery midway through spring practice in March, 2004. He returned in the fall, played in all 13 games, starting the first 11 before being removed from the Kentucky game (ankle injury) and then held out of the starting lineup for the final two games. Harrell finished that season with 26 total tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 12 quarterback hurries, two forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries. He started all 11 games in 2005 and recorded 39 total tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, and two interceptions, returning one for a touchdown. Harrell played in and started just three games in 2006, finishing with seven total tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss. He ruptured a biceps tendon against Air Force (9/9) but played the following week against Florida before shutting it down for the season. Harrell is an impressive athlete for his size and he also displays good natural strength. He has never been a great pass rusher and he's also coming off a partially torn biceps that forced him out for the final 10 games of his senior season. However, his rehab went extremely well and he's not expected to have any lingering affects from the injury. From what we saw of Harrell prior to the injury, he has the potential to develop into a very good two-down starter in the NFL. We think he's worth drafting late in the first or early in the second round of the 2007 draft.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Booing a pick is classless and lame.
I don't mind debating, but come on, these are kids who haven't played a down. Save the scorn for when they fail.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Booing a pick is classless and lame.
I don't mind debating, but come on, these are kids who haven't played a down. Save the scorn for when they fail.

If you are talking about Green Bay, that was a bunch of 9 year olds, so I don't think it really matters.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But it's so fun.

The only time it's fun and acceptable is when I'm drunk. And then it's only fun when I go into a Ben Franklin or Jo Ann Fabric all done up in war paint and boo elderly ladies pricing dress fabrics.

"BOOOOO YOU SUCK!!!"

"MY GOD ARE YOU BLIND!! BOOOOO!"

Good times, goooood times.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time it's fun and acceptable is when I'm drunk. And then it's only fun when I go into a Ben Franklin or Jo Ann Fabric all done up in war paint and boo elderly ladies pricing dress fabrics.

"BOOOOO YOU SUCK!!!"

"MY GOD ARE YOU BLIND!! BOOOOO!"

Good times, goooood times.

I'm going to boo you.

BOOOOOO YOU SUCK! My grandmother could type better than you.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Jags Trade this pick to Denver.

#17 - Denver Broncos

Jarvis Moss
DE | (6'6
", 250, 4.7) | FLORIDA

Scouts Grade: 92

Flags: (C: CHARACTER) Problems on and off the field(D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthyView by: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag
| All Ranked Players
Strengths: A tall, rangy athlete. Displays very good first-step quickness and top-end speed. He shows the ability to turn the corner on a consistent basis and closes quickly as a pass rusher. Extremely fluid and smooth; he changes directions without losing much time in transition. He shows the ability to get offensive tackle's off-balance with his quick double moves. He plays with a good motor and will make plays from behind in pursuit. He does play with decent leverage and will try to stay low when taking on bigger blockers in the running game.

Weaknesses: He's undersized and gets rag-dolled by bigger blockers that get into his body. He tries to stay low and take on blockers when teams are running at him, but he simply lacks the base to hold ground. He comes with some baggage in terms of durability and character alerts; staff infection in 2005 caused him to lose nearly 40 pounds and one-game suspension in 2006.

Overall: Moss battled hernia problems prior to the start of the 2003 season, dressed for three total contests appearing in one game against Florida A&M (9/13) when he registered five total tackles, but dealt with some more pelvic-area muscle trouble throughout the year and received a medical redshirt. He returned in 2004 after practicing some at linebacker in the preseason but only appeared in the season opener against Eastern Michigan (9/11) as a redshirt freshman. Moss then played in the final 11 games during Florida's 12-game 2005 season, mostly on third-down, and recorded 25 total tackles including nine for loss, 7.5 sacks, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery. Moss started 13 of 14 games in 2006, missing the Western Carolina game (11/18) because of suspension, and registered 56 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, and two blocked kicks. Moss makes the leap to the NFL after turning in his best season as a junior in 2006. He needs to get bigger and stronger in order to properly defend the run in the NFL. He also comes with some minor character and durability "alerts" that could make some teams uneasy. In all reality, though, Moss is unlikely to slip out of the first round because he possesses the frame, speed and athletic ability to eventually emerge as an impact every-down starter in the NFL. Moss could grow into a role as a 4-3 defensive end or 3-4 rush-linebacker, depending on the team that drafts him. Either way, Moss should contribute immediately as a pass rusher.

Jags get a 3rd & a 6th.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Well forget about Moss lasting till round 2 becuase the Broncos traded up to get him. Rather interesting considering his supposed character issues.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a strange player to trade up for.

Shanahan isn't very good at the draft thing.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to boo you.

BOOOOOO YOU SUCK! My grandmother could type better than you.

Fine. My revenge? I'm going to date, copulate, and marry your grandma.

That would make me your grandpa.

You'd want a piece of candy, but maybe I wouldn't give it to you.

Why? Because I'm your grandpa.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine. My revenge? I'm going to date, copulate, and marry your grandma.

That would make me your grandpa.

You'd want a piece of candy, but maybe I wouldn't give it to you.

Why? Because I'm your grandpa.
Would you still send him a $5 check on his birthday?

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a strange player to trade up for.

Shanahan isn't very good at the draft thing.

Maybe they were worried about Cincy or Tennessee taking him. Both teams need a pass rusher. Well, the Bengals need everything on defense.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe they were worried about Cincy or Tennessee taking him. Both teams need a pass rusher. Well, the Bengals need everything on defense.
Maybe they were worried about one of those teams taking him because they are both currently short one character-challenged player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05