Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remained relatively optimistic when I thought we reached and passed on better players for Brown.

But this may be too much. I really, really, really don't like passing on Houston, Pos and Harris for this pick...especially when we also give up a 4th.

Exactly.. we pass on a chance for a shut down corner in houston only to take another underacheiving bum when we got Watson and Lewis last year?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Graves is a complete jackass. Skorp is right. They are starting a total rebuild and we will suffer big time for it in the short term.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Branch

I love it. Football is won and lost on the line of scrimmage and we've definitely helped out both sides today. I've been wanting a huge run stuffer for years and I think we finally have one (sorry, Watson has done nothing to impress).

You know the other thing that makes me ecstatic? I'm sick of everyone applauding our draft and then going 5 and freaking 11.

Give us a C draft grade and let's go to the playoffs!

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I love it. Football is won and lost on the line of scrimmage and we've definitely helped out both sides today. I've been wanting a huge run stuffer for years and I think we finally have one (sorry, Watson has done nothing to impress).

You know the other thing that makes me ecstatic? I'm sick of everyone applauding our draft and then going 5 and freaking 11.

:thumbup: That's the spirit! Let's hope it pans out.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Football is won and lost on the line of scrimmage and we've definitely helped out both sides today.

The single biggest point of all and exactly what the Cards have neglected since they've been in AZ....

I do grade this draft a C, but mostly because we lost that 4th. It would be a solid B in my book if we didn't lose that 4th. It would only be a B because picking along the lines is never sexy, so you really can't grade out an A when you pick an OT and a NT. So, a B is essentially an A when you pick strictly non-skill players....

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I thought Brown was OK--a stretch of 3 picks is not a stretch at all, it's a judgment call. The more I read about Branch, the more he sounds like a Watson clone. Do they plan to play each of them every other series? Abandon the 3-4? Try to copy the Baltimore defense with those two giant DTs their Super Bowl year? Put on sumo wrestling contests and save on other halftime entertainment?

Maybe they have a good underrated OLB stashed away. If so, in the other positions I honestly don't think we're in bad shape. It's just hard to find a rationale for such a wasteful and questionable move.

BigOX

Reaction score
I so thought Poz was going to be a Cardinal :(

Yet we load up on the most loaded position on defense.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Watson, Branch, Lewis, etc......

What is this plan we are speaking of? RG & Wiz said we would be looking at a LB on his video interview.

I just really don't get this. I am sad.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Raiders take Miller with our pick.... Harris & Houston are still on the board.

Sickening

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
One more thought. They may be just going by their board. Branch was probably rated fairly high--I mean, there was talk of him getting chosen by us at 5, or in the top 10.... It would be very easy to see him as BPA.

OTOH, on the radio some time ago Wolfley or someone was saying there must be a reason that he dropped like a stone.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One more thought. They may be just going by their board. Branch was probably rated fairly high--I mean, there was talk of him getting chosen by us at 5, or in the top 10.... It would be very easy to see him as BPA.

The value is great, but it doesn't fill a need

:hammer:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score

:raccoon:

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
It is a need when you are talking depth. Like they have been saying he was rated previously as top 1st round, need NT's for the 3-4. Great control of LOS. Like this pick...

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I don't like the fact that we moved up at all, so the C I give is IMO. Granted, it is apparent the Cards knew DET was going to take Branch so they jumped them, which seems to be reinforced by the fact that DET immediately traded back when their guy was gone, so maybe I should consider the gamesmanship that went on....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think if anyone said last week that the Cardinals would get Levi Brown and Alan Branch on the first day nobody would have believed it

BigOX

Reaction score
I think if anyone said last week that the Cardinals would get Levi Brown and Alan Branch on the first day nobody would have believed it

We wouldn't of believed it sure but we also wouldn't of wanted it either