Official 2008 NFL Draft Thread

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our biggest problem last year was pass defense and I think we've addressed it.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took guts to pass on a RB and go all defense first day. I wouldn't have done it but I'm encouraged and hopeful.

My guess is RB in round 3. Or QB.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took guts to pass on a RB and go all defense first day. I wouldn't have done it but I'm encouraged and hopeful.

My guess is RB in round 3. Or QB.

Why a QB Skkorp? I bet its a LB, RB, or OL

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Depending, but RB might be on top of their board then. If it's even close thats where they go IMO. What if James goes down , God forbid.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL channel said Campbell has a wing span like a pteradactyl (sp). I hoping thats a good thing.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending, but RB might be on top of their board then. If it's even close thats where they go IMO. What if James goes down , God forbid.

Then we have the almight JJ or a nice 5th round RB prospect :)

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The one good thing about passing on Mendenhall, was that it allowed us to be totally flexable in the 2nd, and it worked!

They must have discussed that. For all the hullabulu about the CB class being so deep though!

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
JJ and Marcel will take us to the promised land of course. :)

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Gotta say I'm pretty happy with the first day overall. Everything I've read has said DRC can be pro-bowl material and Campbell is a great pickup as well. Kiper was saying that Campbell probably would have been top 10 pick last year and the Hurricanes down year really dropped him. Plus I love the fact that people say he has a mean streak.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
Gotta say I'm pretty happy with the first day overall. Everything I've read has said DRC can be pro-bowl material and Campbell is a great pickup as well. Kiper was saying that Campbell probably would have been top 10 pick last year and the Hurricanes down year really dropped him. Plus I love the fact that people say he has a mean streak.

Yeah watch some video on him....he not only tackles some people but he plants them like he's putting in a new tree.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Mayock just said that the two Linebackers that went back to USC are better than Rivers is and he went at #10.

lol

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
See Everyone tomorrow! Should be a sprint to the finish tomorrow!!

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Just like I said earlier. We will have the chance to get Charles, Smith or Steve Slaton. And if we go into the 4th still looking for an RB, we should take a look at BenJarvus Green-Ellis from Indiana/Mississippi

NightHawk11and81

I love Daniela Hantuchova
Reaction score
No? Passing for AP wasn't reaching for need?

Look, I'll stop harping on that mistake when you guys stop ignoring it. It was a mistake, case in point: look how many people are calling for Mendenhall this year.

It's in the past, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And I'll stop when you stop claiming there was a mistake. Here's why:

Fact #1: The Vikings have an excellent offensive line. The Cardinals do not. Adrian Peterson would not have been nearly as good without the blockers the Vikings have (and without help from Chicago and San Diego deciding tackling is overrated, but that's another story). Put him behind a poor Arizona line, he wasn't going to go anywhere. Didn't we learn this with Edge?

Fact #2: The Cardinals do not use a two-back system. It made no sense for Arizona to ignore a glaring need when a player who would fill that hole and was not a reach was available at #5. It would make even less sense to ignore that need for a player who would never have seen the field. We had capable backs last year. They never got to play. We instead gave Edge almost all the carries. We are showing that we plan to continue that by going defense, where we need the most help, with our first two picks.

So, to sum things up, if we had taken Adrian Peterson, we would still need our tackle because we would have missed out on that, we would not have been able to get the strong defensive players we did today and the league would be asking whether or not Adrian Peterson can play in this league, because he would have had only 25 carries or so for the year. It's entirely possible those 25 carries could have been like his stellar 49ers game, where he notched three yards on 14 carries.

Passing on Adrian Peterson was not a mistake for Arizona. Taking Peterson would have been a big mistake for the team. Just because he has success elsewhere does not mean he would have here.