Official don't fire GREEN!

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
K OF C glad to see you back on board!! :wave: Denny's tenure here is probably over especially if the Bidwills bring in a new GM. My feeling is if this team wins out he may survive & if the Bidwills reassign Rod Graves to Capologist & hire a GM it will be his decision on Denny's future. Said "GM" will have to make Denny accountable for decisions on & off the field. Essentially squelching Denny's power & forcing him to answer to someone else.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Like Philly said, he has 4 games to show everyone if he deserves to be back or not.

I'll give the guy his due, he's tinkered with the Oline mercilessly, that hurt the team in the short run but he may have finally found the formula to field a decent Oline which is the key to just about everything.

His game management isn't much of an issue with the new OC, that guy understands tempo and he understands unpredictability, I think he's much better than Rowen in that respect.

No one wants DG gone more than me and even I think if he wins 6 games this year he should get one more year.

No extension, no way but let him finish his contract if he wins 6 or more games this year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KoC do you sit in the front of 121? your avatar looks like this dude thats always doin bird arms and cawing loud up front

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
One more year men. I didn't think we were playoff bound this year. I was hoping 7-9. Give the man his last year and then go from there. I think changing right now is a mistake.

I think this guy should be banned.

:D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm at the point where it's essentially impossible for me to want Green back.

Every game we win the rest of the way just convinces me we should have won more games in the beginning. If the OL starts getting better I can only wonder why we waited so long to move wells and start Lutui.

So it's an impossible situation for green, if he turns it around, it just makes me ask why it took him so long to do it. Maybe it's unfair, but that's how I feel.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One more year men.

I didn't think we were playoff bound this year. I was hoping 7-9.

Give the man his last year and then go from there.

I think changing right now is a mistake.

Quick grab a net this guy escaped from the Looney Ben!!

Green has to go!!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Every game we win the rest of the way just convinces me we should have won more games in the beginning. If the OL starts getting better I can only wonder why we waited so long to move wells and start Lutui.

So it's an impossible situation for green, if he turns it around, it just makes me ask why it took him so long to do it. Maybe it's unfair, but that's how I feel.

Very well put Russ. This is my sentiment. The Cards do this every year, show glimpses when it doesn't count. DG had plenty of time and has gotten progrssively worse. I really don't care how the team ends the season, it's how they start AND end a season that counts.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score

I think the development of Matt Leinart, and a little cohesion on the offensive line have been the difference. We didn't have either for the first Rams game, the chiefs game, and the Bears game was Leinarts first start. I think if we stay the course we win all three next year with continued development from Leinart and a line that can finally stay in place. Or we could start over, and take a chance on someone else.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
The Cards do this every year, show glimpses when it doesn't count.

I agree with this, insofar as thats what I think we are seeing right now. However, if we were to finish 7-9, knock out Denver and Seattle, and San Deigo, if they are playing in that game, and do so with the offense generating a lot of points, then I'm going to want the regime to stay. I think its far more likely we'll see a 38-0 massacre to the Hawks on Sunday that will end any of these debates for good. To me, its good we good this debate in before it just becomes a ridiculous forgone conclusion.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
The decisons Green makes with players I cannot except. When he kept jerking McCown in favor of King. The benching of Macklin then starting Ware over him. The cutting of LJ Shelton and bringing in Oliver when Shelton would have been a much better RT. I won't bring up Kendall on this board but is much better than Step. I do think the oline is in better shape now in week 12 but a little to late.

I would personally like to keep the staff in tack bring in Fassell whom we had our best offense under him.

Also great to have you back again KofC.
I agree with you second Deck. We haven't had a decent OC since Fassel left. I would like to Green finish his contract and then stay with the team in a different position. Maybe we could bring in Fassel as OC for one year then promote him to head coach. I have no clue however about his contract with Baltimore.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score

Lutui is rookie. Maybe he was not ready to start at the beginning of the season. I am guessing Ross had his chance to perform but he failed. He was a starting tackle for the Steelers so it was his job to lose.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
KoC do you sit in the front of 121? your avatar looks like this dude thats always doin bird arms and cawing loud up front

That picture wasn't me, the new one is though.

I am in 118.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we somehow finish 7-9 I will definitely be straddling the ol' fence on whether or not to fire DG. Having said that we go through Alex Wood (now a QB coach for the University of Arkansas btw) and 2 yrs of Keith Rowen before DG finally figures out that Mike Krucez is the OC or at least is starting to appear to be the one for it. What is up with that? He doesn't know what he has in front of him? His judgement just seems off-kilter on coaches and personnel. I dunno.

seesred

Reaction score
I don't want this to be another Joe Bugle fiasco. The team looks better. Matt is going to be great. The O-line has finally got the same 5 together getting to know each other. Defense is missing a part but playing hard even thow I wonder why Rolle hasn't played consistantly. If we can finish with 6 wins I would consider giving him one more year with a promise to negotiate a contract after the start of next season. The other way to go is to keep Green as the GM. HIre a younger up coming mind to coach 2007 football.

GBR

artp

Registered
Reaction score
Problem is, we either extend him or lose him. Green has said he won't coach one year as a lame duck coach, and I don't blame him. We either extend him or let him go, and I am NOT in favor of extending him. Cut the cord, and bring in a new regime, INCLUDING a REAL GM.

I have always thought you should give a new Head Coach 4 yrs to turn it around. Except for Ryan and McGinnis, who showed they didn't belong. If this team improves these last 4 games, I will give Green his 4 years. I would not resign him for another.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we finish poorly, no brainer, Green is gone. He has to be.

IF we have an average finish or better, then I want to see real plan executed and a coach and a GM who are clearly better than what we have now. If we can't do that, they try cohesion and continuity for a change. Say what you will about Green this season, but the team's spirit seems to have rallied. That tells me the players haven't totally given up on him.

What I don't want to see, is the same old same old. That is, the Bidwills playing grab rear and hiring someone with dollars in mind first.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't want this to be another Joe Bugle fiasco. The team looks better. Matt is going to be great. The O-line has finally got the same 5 together getting to know each other. Defense is missing a part but playing hard even thow I wonder why Rolle hasn't played consistantly. If we can finish with 6 wins I would consider giving him one more year with a promise to negotiate a contract after the start of next season. The other way to go is to keep Green as the GM. HIre a younger up coming mind to coach 2007 football.

GBR

The defense has given up 849 yards in the last two games. 30 losses in less than three full seasons is evidence enough that Green needs to go.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keep him. I think the positives that he has built with this team outweigh the negatives. He needs at least another season for it all to come together.
What positives outweigh the negatives? With the exception of Eric Green the '05 draft class was a bust. Without him screwing with the O-line when he got here this would be a playoff team. So really other than getting Edge, who can't do much with this O-line this guy built, and drafting Leinart, which anyother team in their right mind would have done @ the 10 spot what has he done? He has screwed this orginazation over by fiddiling with the Oline and refusing to bench struggling players like Antrel Rolle, Oliver Ross(now benched) because they are his guys. He benches players with big hearts who try their butt off and do well enought like Eric Green and Marcell Shipp. I can't wait for Green to get fired I am going to party like it's 1999. His ego, lack of football awareness in games, hard-headedness need to go. HE IS NOT A GOOD COACH!!!!!!!

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So really other than getting Edge, who can't do much with this O-line this guy built, and drafting Leinart, which anyother team in their right mind would have done @ the 10 spot what has he done?
Drafted Duece, Leonard Pope, Gabe Watson, Larry Fitzgerald, Karlos Dansby & Darnell Dockett. Judging by how well Edge has done behind this line I think that the jury is still out on JJ Arrington. He also brought in Bert Berry, Kendrick Clancy & Milford Brown.

Denny has also drafted and brought in guys that won't cut it. I'm not saying keep him but your point of view of what he has accomplished here is very myopic.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drafted Duece, Leonard Pope, Gabe Watson, Larry Fitzgerald, Karlos Dansby & Darnell Dockett. Judging by how well Edge has done behind this line I think that the jury is still out on JJ Arrington. He also brought in Bert Berry, Kendrick Clancy & Milford Brown.

Denny has also drafted and brought in guys that won't cut it. I'm not saying keep him but your point of view of what he has accomplished here is very myopic.

I disagree. My main point is that his positives do not outweigh his negatives. Your point reinforces what I am trying to say. I know he drafted Fitz, Dockett, and Dansby. These guys have monster talent. Any other coach would be winning with this team. Do you think if the Cardinals had Bill Belichick that they would be 3-9 at this point with this roster? No way. My view is not myopic. I am stating a mere fact that this guy can not coach. I know who he brought in and any other good coach would have found a way to utilize them properly. A prime example is Leonard Pope the guy is 6'8" and has good speed for a TE. He has 10 catches this year that's it. Watson just recently started playing a lot and J.J will be a good special teamer. Yes he brought good players and talent here, too bad he can't coach them. And God forbid if Denny doesn't like them.