Official don't fire GREEN!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Drafted Duece, Leonard Pope, Gabe Watson, Larry Fitzgerald, Karlos Dansby & Darnell Dockett. Judging by how well Edge has done behind this line I think that the jury is still out on JJ Arrington. He also brought in Bert Berry, Kendrick Clancy & Milford Brown.

Denny has also drafted and brought in guys that won't cut it. I'm not saying keep him but your point of view of what he has accomplished here is very myopic.

Pope hasn't really done anything special but he, Leinart, Latui, and Watson are rookies so they get one more year.

Berry had one really good season in '04, Clancy has done nothing other than miss games, and Brown is nothing special. Dockett is good but according to many has regressed. Rolle has a long way to go to justify a #8 pick.

Stepanovich and Ross and Eric Green have been benched. Leckey is undersized. Griffin can't cover but hits and plays hard. The entire '05 draft class has been a dissapointment. Antonio Smith has been a decent role player/backup.

Meanwhile,Wells,Davis,Wilson,Boldin, and Hayes, 5 of the top 7 players on the team, were all here before Green.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Whatever happens, happens.

I got this odd feeling that the moment we drafted Matt things began on a course of it's own and it'll work out better than you'd expect it too.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
K of C
A belated YO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well and you and your bro are givin em Hell!!

As for Denny, it will be interesting to see how the Bidwills handle it. He also need to show marked improvement in game mgmt skills over this last month to have any hope at all. Personally I think its to little to late and he either goes upstairs or fishing.
If he does go whos your pick as his repacement?

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pope hasn't really done anything special but he, Leinart, Latui, and Watson are rookies so they get one more year.

Berry had one really good season in '04, Clancy has done nothing other than miss games, and Brown is nothing special. Dockett is good but according to many has regressed. Rolle has a long way to go to justify a #8 pick.

Stepanovich and Ross and Eric Green have been benched. Leckey is undersized. Griffin can't cover but hits and plays hard. The entire '05 draft class has been a dissapointment. Antonio Smith has been a decent role player/backup.

Meanwhile,Wells,Davis,Wilson,Boldin, and Hayes, 5 of the top 7 players on the team, were all here before Green.
So the talent isn't better than before Green got here in your opinion?

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
I think Green has done a great job with bringing in talent. (I also think Pope is going to be a force in the years to come. It's early; give him time to learn.) But I also think we'd have had three more wins if a different coach was managing the game -- he's flat-out bad at it. He also doesn't know how to manage the game clock...which is remarkable, considering his oversized reputation.

It's time for him to go.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So the talent isn't better than before Green got here in your opinion?

The Cards had Division II College level talent other than the rookies. You and I could have upgraded the talent.

But then they have the same record this year they had at the same point in 2003 and have actually won fewer games with Green than they did under McGinnis. So...............

Young Card

Veteran
Reaction score
The coaching was not so great today. At this point, I think, it depends whose on the market. If there is a guy we like who has a system that will fit our guys to some extent then bring them in. Otherwise, let Denny finish off his contract and see what happens next year. Though, I do think Denny could lead us to a winning record.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The coaching was not so great today. At this point, I think, it depends whose on the market. If there is a guy we like who has a system that will fit our guys to some extent then bring them in. Otherwise, let Denny finish off his contract and see what happens next year. Though, I do think Denny could lead us to a winning record.

Green is done. The team won in spite of him today

There should be plenty of candidates available because Green is likely the only HC to be fired this offseason

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I think these wins further emphasize the fact what this team could have done this season. I will be surprised if Green is kept.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
I think Green probably stays. The Chris Meyers was the sideline reporter on today's telecast, and stated how the players gave Denny the game ball after last week's win. He talked about how the players appreciated the fact that he did not single them out publicly when things were going bad. Couple that with Wilson's comments after the game that "Hell Yeah, We want Denny Back". I think the Bidwill's will try to bring Denny and staff back.

Some signs of progress:
* Two 100 yard perfomances back to back by Edge
* Leinart's progress is awesome; I would consider him the best QB since Lomax at his current level. (let alone after a year or two)
* Offensive line has finally started to come together. We can run, but I was really impressed with the pass protection today.
* Special teams has really improved. I think Troy Walters is one of the best pick-ups we've had in a long time.
* The D-Line is playing well without Berry, and I thought the LB's had an excellent game today.

I realize that we have many areas to improve in, but I'm afraid a lot of this progress will go in vein if we let Denny go. We go through this coaching carousel every 3-5 years, and personally I think we keep Denny through his contract. If he fails next year can him. He says that he won't come back as a lame duck coach. I guess if he chooses not to; most of you will be happy, and it may be the best thing for the team. It's just my opinion to keep him at this point. If we don't I'll still watch every game and cheer for the team.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cards had Division II College level talent other than the rookies. You and I could have upgraded the talent.

But then they have the same record this year they had at the same point in 2003 and have actually won fewer games with Green than they did under McGinnis. So...............

My point of contention wasn't how good of a coach he is, it was that he had lifted the talent level on the team. Whether you and I could have done it or not, he did.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He stays men.

7-9 was a dream with Leinart starting 1/2 the games.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lets see how we play against the Broncos and the Chargers before we figure out if Green is coming back or not.

Quite frankly they won in spite of him today

Ok.

Why do you say that so frankly?

seesred

Reaction score
I've turned around. Green must stay. A new coach will change every assistant and insert his new game plan with new players. We need continuty. The players had 7 different O-lines. New offensive cordiantor and Matt did'nt start untill it was too late. Gave Green 1 extra year and let the chips fall where they may.

GBR

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Questionable decisions that cost the team momentum.
- Ultra conservative playcalling
- Still have problems with discipline (penalties, penalties, penalties)

You could come up with a list like that for every game, by any team, that doesn't blow out the other one.

I gotta tip my hat to them for sticking with the run when we fell behind. The fact that we were able to run allowed us to score 10 points and win the game. I'm sure it was tempting to just start chucking the ball on every down.

I also gotta admit I hated the decision to kick a FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1. But, that kept the game out of overtime at the very least. Still, a first down there and you force the Hawks to use their timeouts and you can still kick a FG.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
I kind of agree.Lets face it were all use too losing.Im sick of it.Let him coach the 4th year.and see what happens.But IF (thats a big if)Pete Carrol comes along I really think we can be unstopable.Im a huge Chicago Bulls fan.Its like when the Bulls were coached by Doug Collins.They only can get so far.Bam Phil Jackson steps in they take it too the next level..IMO its just a thought.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree.Lets face it were all use too losing.Im sick of it.Let him coach the 4th year.and see what happens.But IF (thats a big if)Pete Carrol comes along I really think we can be unstopable.Im a huge Chicago Bulls fan.Its like when the Bulls were coached by Doug Collins.They only can get so far.Bam Phil Jackson steps in they take it too the next level..IMO its just a thought.

Nice shot of you on the jumbotron at the end of the game Tony!

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IDo you think if the Cardinals had Bill Belichick that they would be 3-9 at this point with this roster? No way.

Belichick didn't do that great with the Browns.

Different organizations make all the difference (insightful!). Combined also with the fact that he's considered to have a great GM to work with in New England and a myriad of other reasons he's had success in NE not Cleveland and the arguement could be made that in fact, he would not be any better than any other coach.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
You could come up with a list like that for every game, by any team, that doesn't blow out the other one.

I gotta tip my hat to them for sticking with the run when we fell behind. The fact that we were able to run allowed us to score 10 points and win the game. I'm sure it was tempting to just start chucking the ball on every down.

I also gotta admit I hated the decision to kick a FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1. But, that kept the game out of overtime at the very least. Still, a first down there and you force the Hawks to use their timeouts and you can still kick a FG.

Thats true to a point but you have to add in the decisions that cost the teams wins earlier in the season just doesn't convince me that he deserves another year.

For example why did it take 10 weeks to figure out our current Oline is the one that should be starting? Decisions like that cost a chance at the playoffs in the insanely mediocre NFC

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you every one.I have been sick for about three weeks so Ive missed the Dallas game and the Lions game.The end of the season is kind of getting interesting.