Official Draft Thread

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DG is not going to screw around. He has a system. He is putting it into place.
It might work it might not work, but it is the DG way now.

Irvin said he would not have taken Fitz but then said under DG Fitz is headed to the Hall of Fame.

What defender do the Cards take at #33.

If SD NYG trade it means that SD pays their QB less since he was taken 4th.

A couple of those Fitz catches were Moss-like.

The Cards have addressed defense remember!
Remember the Cards have already added an 11 sack man and an NFL CB who started in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
DG is not going to screw around. He has a system. He is putting it into place.

Irvin said he would not have taken Fitz but then said under DG Fitz is headed to the Hall of Fame.

What defender do the Cards take at #33.

It depends on who's available. According to Mike Jurecki, the Cards want Marcus Tubbs.

Will he be available then? :shrug:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah I like Tubbs.
Maybe they can get their pick at #33 too!
Igor is a bit high for #33.

Shane hates the pick cause he wanted Taylor.

What if Kevin Jones falls to #33 hmmmmmmmm

I think I just saw a stat that said the Cards had 22 redzone TDs last year. That is why they took Fitz. TO SCORE IN THE REDZONE.

Whether you like the pick/FAs or not with DG here the Cards are getting the players they target: Fitz, Berry, Macklin...

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:

Because this teams O as it stood had the ability to score points. I dont care how polished Fitz is he wont be an Anquan(thats rare). Odds are it will take him a year minimum to adjust.

This team badly needs defensive playmakers. the D is horrible. You cant argue that.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Yeah I like Tubbs.
Maybe they can get their pick at #33 too!
Igor is a bit high for #33.

Shane hates the pick cause he wanted Taylor.

What if Kevin Jones falls to #33 hmmmmmmmm

That's why I said we have to wait to see who's available because there is always a suprize in RD. 1.

DG said that he and Rod Graves have put a list of players from 1-33 and will be happy with whomever they pick. Now who that is going to be might be interesting. RB? DT? CB? Who knows? It'll be fun though.

Taylor is going to Washington and the trade goes through with the Chargers and Giants. The Giant fans are PISSED!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The offense was the worst in the NFL too and FA addressed defence. BOTH need to be fixed!

SD got a 3 this year and 1 and 3 next year HOLY SMOKES the NYG gave away the farm for ELI
SD gets RIVERS and soon MIKE WILLIAMS!!!!!!

Props to SKKORP In effect Rivers was not the 2nd QB taken he really is number 1.

WHERE do Collins and Brees go now????????????

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Giants just got raped...a #3 plus a #1 and #3 next year for manning? Yikes!

Wait...just saw it's a #3 next year and not a #5...even still, that they had to give up their #1 next year...ouch, baby, very ouch!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Giants get Eli Manning

Chargers get Phillip Rivers, 3rd rounder this year, and 1st & 5th rounders next year.

Interesting

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
The offense was the worst in the NFL too and FA addressed defence. BOTH need to be fixed!

SD got a 3 this year and 1 and 3 next year HOLY SMOKES the NYG gave away the farm for ELI
SD gets RIVERS and soon MIKE WILLIAMS!!!!!!

I digress. FA didnt fix anything. We have a one year wonder pass rusher who we overpaid for and has yet to prove he can do it consistently. plus we have no depth!

Macklin is no ringer!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I wonder who the Lions are going to pick ... Winslow?

I thought Taylor was a sure thing for them

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
This team badly needs defensive playmakers. the D is horrible. You cant argue that.
Sure, I agree. But not a safety, especially this high. Biggest defensive needs are pass rushing DE, DT, & CB. Although I like Sean Taylor and would have prefered to trade down and get him had we lost Fitz.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I dont care how polished Fitz is he wont be an Anquan(thats rare). Odds are it will take him a year minimum to adjust.
I think Fitz will be an impact right away.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
I think Fitz will be an impact right away.

Odds are very much against that!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I digress. FA didnt fix anything. We have a one year wonder pass rusher who we overpaid for and has yet to prove he can do it consistently. plus we have no depth!

Macklin is no ringer!
Dude maybe you need to be patient. DG as an offensive coach runs a 3 WR set. As a defensive coach he likes fast players who pressure the qb.
He got 2 players to do that. Macklin is a worth a shot.

Yeah if you were GM you would build the team in a different way. Older FAs, think the offense can score as is etc. I understand but you are not DG is - the team is being built the DG way. Time will tell if it works.
I think to be fair with the holes the Cards have on D and O - he deserves the chance to see if his approach will work out.
DG like Taylor too Shane if he had had two picks in a row he would have taken Taylor. He wants playmakers it's too bad you don't get 2 picks a round - one for D one for O. Makes you make tough choices.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Dude maybe you need to be patient. DG as an offensive coach runs a 3 WR set. As a defensive coach he likes fast players who pressure the qb.
He got 2 players to do that. Macklin is a worth a shot.

Yeah if you were GM you would build the team in a different way. Older FAs, think the offense can score as is etc. I understand but you are not DG is - the team is being built the DG way. Time will tell if it works.
I think to be fair with the holes the Cards have on D and O - he deserves the chance to see if his approach will work out.

And he will be given the chance, But I dont like the pick. Certainly my opinion. But one I feel very strongly about!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Boy, have the Steelers lucked out thus far...and I mean thus far, because the Bills may still leap them to take Rivers...I thought for sure Cleveland would want Big Ben. Things are interesting!!!

Btw, anyone know the parameters of the Cleveland/Detroit trade?

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Odds are very much against that!
Moss was an impact right away and Larry is considered better than Moss by several experts. Of course I can be completely wrong and he may turn out to be just another "good" WR. The reality will only be known once we are into the season.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In MIN DG has 7 rookies make the all rookie team and he had 20 start in the NFL as rookies on good teams for the most part. That is an average of 2 rookies a year becoming starters. He drafted Fitz cause he thinks he can start right away and contribute. He already moved Boldin to make a spot for him (although Boldin might be moved back).

What did CLE give DET to move up?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Denny Green, Oakland was locked into Gallery or Fitz and the Cards were sweating it out for a few minutes.

There were more reporters here than I've ever seen cover the Cards.

Got some good stuff but won't get any articles up until Monday.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Moss was an impact right away and Larry is considered better than Moss by several experts. Of course I can be completely wrong and he may turn out to be just another "good" WR. The reality will only be known once we are into the season.

Moss and Boldin are freaks and the exception to the rule when it comes to WRs. Look at the history it speaks for itself. the odds are very much against him!

Last edited:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OAK took the guy they needed the most PHEW!

DG knows what goes on in OAK cause he and Davis are friends.

DET took a WR #1 last year and they just took a WR#1 this year. There is a reason for this.
His name is Randy Moss.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05