Official Draft Thread

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
What did CLE give DET to move up?
Browns get: Detroit's first-round pick (No. 6), which they used to select Miami TE Kellen Winslow.
Lions get: Cleveland's first-round pick (No. 7), which they used to select Texas WR Roy Williams, and second-round pick (No. 37) in 2004 draft.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
According to Denny Green, Oakland was locked into Gallery or Fitz and the Cards were sweating it out for a few minutes.

There were more reporters here than I've ever seen cover the Cards.

Got some good stuff but won't get any articles up until Monday.

I'm willing to bet quite a bit (though we'll never know) that Al Davis tried to bluff us to get us to trade up, and our war room said HELL NO!!!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Browns get: Detroit's first-round pick (No. 6), which they used to select Miami TE Kellen Winslow.
Lions get: Cleveland's first-round pick (No. 7), which they used to select Texas WR Roy Williams, and second-round pick (No. 37) in 2004 draft.

IMO they gave up too much to move up 1 spot

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Here's a thought...if we're sitting at #33, and Kevin Jones is still on the board, do you think Denny could get the Lions #37 and #38 (or is it 36 or 37?) for that #33, with the threat that they'll take Jones themselves? Or could we get one of those 2nd rounders and a third, or even a fourth? Depends on who else is available and who we really want, IMO, but I think something like this is very possible, IF Jones falls to us.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Here's a thought...if we're sitting at #33, and Kevin Jones is still on the board, do you think Denny could get the Lions #37 and #38 (or is it 36 or 37?) for that #33, with the threat that they'll take Jones themselves? Or could we get one of those 2nd rounders and a third, or even a fourth? Depends on who else is available and who we really want, IMO, but I think something like this is very possible, IF Jones falls to us.

Jones wont fall that far IMO.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WTF are teams doing CLE gave up a 2nd round pick to move up one SPOT.

DET is going to a dangerous team next year.

Shane I agree the odds for WRs aren't good, but look at the film on Fitz he made freakish catches in his career. I think at WORST the dude will be a solid possession WR.

The thing that has killed MIN for the last 2 years has been MOSS being doubled and tripled and not having a legit WR to take pressure off him.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree with Vikesfan that Detroit will be much tougher next year especailly now with two low second round picks.

Winslow is a playmaker and really will fit well into the Browns team.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stout said:
You know this is tempting the Cards can always get another RB next year or later in the draft - and Jones is no sure thing. His speed is iffy.

I actually like this. DET might be a playoff team if the Cards give them Jones.

This draft is deep 2nd round wise.
This is definitely a good trade possibility if he falls that far.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
JAX did want Fitz they just took R Williams.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Reggie Williams is a reach at #9. I guess it shows just how much Jax needs a receiver. I think Lee Evans is a better talent. Obviously no one wanted to trade up b/c Williams would have been there later.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I also think Reggie is a reach at #9 but that would be too low for Evans.
Surprised that Houston took D. Robinson thought they would either take Wilfork or maybe Harris.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Interesting ... 3 Dbs taken in the top 10 and NO DLine taken thus far. I wonder if thats a good sign for the Cards in Rd 2.

The Steelers get their man at #11 ... Big Ben

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az jam said:
Roethlisberger to the Steelers. Great move for Pittsburgh.
Yeah, it is. I hope we don't look back on this day in 20 years when Ben is being inducted to the Hall and think about what could have been.

:(

"YOU'RE MY BOY, BEN!" -Frank the Tank, Old School (paraphrased)

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Reggie Williams is the poor man's Fitz.

CBs are becoming more important in the NFL then ever before. Especially with the rule modification coming next year.

I know there is more to QBing then this but Ben's passes look the best of the 3.

There is going to be a great player available at 19 PLEASE MIKE TICE DON'T FREAKING BLOW IT.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Yeah, it is. I hope we don't look back on this day in 20 years when Ben is being inducted to the Hall and think about what could have been.

:(

"YOU'RE MY BOY, BEN!" -Frank the Tank, Old School (paraphrased)

No one is saying Ben or Taylor suck. You only have 1 pick a round you can't take every player that is going to be good. Just pray your pick doesn't bust!

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Man, I thought the draft started at 11:00 MT time, so I've been messing with my laptop, then I hear on the news the Jacksonville is picking! Man, I'm an idiot, but WE GOT FITZ!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
No one is saying Ben or Taylor suck. You only have 1 pick a round you can't take every player that is going to be good. Just pray your pick doesn't bust!
WTF are you talking about? I never even implied that people thought Ben sucked (and never mentioned Taylor).

Really? The Cardinals can't draft every good player? Do tell. :rolleyes:

I was simply expressing my opinion that I think this guy is going to be a great one and that I wished we'd taken him.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If we win some super bowls under Denny we won't care if Ben makes the Hall of Fame :D

Surprised the Jets took Vilma. Lots of DTs and DEs still available.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Isn't Rivers a lot like Drew Brees, cerebral QB not the strongest arm etc...

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lee Evans at #13 wow!!!

Note to Vikesfan: Rivers looked awesome in the Senior Bowl. Very strong arm but unusual delivery.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05