Official Draft Thread

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
khilari said:
I think that we should go for a good D Tackle. Are there any good ones left?

Thanks in advnace

There are some still available but they are considered risky

Dockett
Starks
Washington

The guy I like the most is Sopoaga, whom I think would be a perfect fit here

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It seems that many of the cb's and dl's that some people here or nationally wanted us to take in round 2, will be there in round 3. AWESOME.

I'll pick one thing out, some wanted us to take strait with 33, we might be able to get him at 65.

You know what the best part is....there is ALWAYS at least ONE guy who dropped big time, and who is selected with the #1 pick of round 4......or sometimes they last until the 2nd-4th pick in the fourth round....well we have the 1st pick, and will have about 14 hours to decide who that is....We'll basically be on the clock for 14 hours and 5 minutes....So a fitz, dansby, (cb or dt like many have bandied about for a 2nd round pick in the 3rd), and probably a good player at #1 in the fourth is setting us up for probably the best draft we've had for a long, long time.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Pats just took Hill ! Mark them with Detroit as having another outstanding draft

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darell Dockett is the pick. I like him a l. Some had him going in the first round, has had some off field problems. Will do well in Denny's system. Dominated at the Senior Bowl. :thumbup:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, what a draft. Fitz, dansby, AND dockett.

And we might be able to get strait, starks, etc. with our fourth round pick!!!

It would have been nice to get m.hill but he went right before us....dockett.....is a VERY nice consolation 3rd round pick!!!! WOO HOOO

Here's to the 2nd day of the draft being AS successful to the first day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scot182

Registered
Reaction score
on the espn live draftcast(my wife wont let me watch anymore) alot of people on the chat are saying we are having a good draft

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, we'd had the first Punter selected by Green Bay!!

I thought Bidwill was a solid player for them.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scot182 said:
on the espn live draftcast(my wife wont let me watch anymore) alot of people on the chat are saying we are having a good draft

What? Why? Sure, it's been ten hours, but hey, the draft is only once a year!

Last edited:

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
scot182 said:

Luckily I kicked my wife outta the house today, so I could geek out in front of the tube. It REALLY feels good to say my team did VERY WELL in the draft after todays picks. After last year I'm sure we're all breathing a bit better than we were then. :thumbup:

Good job Denny and Rod, find us a few more difference makers in the last 4 rounds.

:cheers:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
scot182 said:

Not mine. My fiancee and me always go to the draft party every year.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardsFan88 said:
Wow, what a draft. Fitz, dansby, AND dockett.

Weren't all 3 of them considered first round picks at some point? Obviuosly the first 2 were but I'm pretty sure Dockett was up there for a while.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Assface said:
Weren't all 3 of them considered first round picks at some point? Obviuosly the first 2 were but I'm pretty sure Dockett was up there for a while.

Dockett was considered a late first - early second round prospect