Official Magic Number Thread

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Correct, the post you quoted me on was written before the Mets lost. ;)
Even if the Mets won it wouldn't have mattered. If the Pads and the D'backs tied with 91 wins and the Mets and the Phils tied at 90 (which would have meant them both sweeping their final series) then Arizona would win the West based on the tiebreaker with San Diego, the Padres would win the wild card. The Mets and Phils would do a one game playoff for the East title and the loser of that would be out of the playoffs.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if the Mets won it wouldn't have mattered. If the Pads and the D'backs tied with 91 wins and the Mets and the Phils tied at 90 (which would have meant them both sweeping their final series) then Arizona would win the West based on the tiebreaker with San Diego, the Padres would win the wild card. The Mets and Phils would do a one game playoff for the East title and the loser of that would be out of the playoffs.
My post was also made before the Diamondbacks won tonight. You are absolutely correct about everything here given the way things played out tonight.

Edit: I misspoke earlier about the scenario involving two Diamondbacks wins, but none of that matters now.

Last edited:

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
2007 NL WEST CHAMPS!!!

(1 more win or SD loss if you don't want the same record.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05