Official Paris 2024 Summer Olympics Thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You can disagree with hard data all you like. If he didn’t play during the same era as the 2nd and 3rd best players ever he might have 40 majors. His dominance and longevity is unparalleled. Bow down to King Joker.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah Lyles!!

What a race!!

No tennis player is a better athlete than any of those hundred meter athletes

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
You can disagree with hard data all you like. If he didn’t play during the same era as the 2nd and 3rd best players ever he might have 40 majors. His dominance and longevity is unparalleled. Bow down to King Joker.
OK. Let's skip everything about tennis, but the numbers.

Serena: Record:858-156
23 Grand Slams

73 Tournament wins
2 Olympic Golds

Djokovic is a great player. There is a lot of opinions on this. But he really has been the most disliked player in the era.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
OK. Let's skip everything about tennis, but the numbers.

Serena: Record:858-156
23 Grand Slams

73 Tournament wins
2 Olympic Golds

Djokovic is a great player. There is a lot of opinions on this. But he really has been the most disliked player in the era.

The competition Serena faced the last 15 years would’ve been like if Andy Murray was Djokovic’s biggest rival. Women’s tennis peaked 30+ years ago. Serena is the GOAT women’s player but Joker is the best individual athlete of this generation. Maybe if Tiger stayed healthy there’d be a discussion.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
The competition Serena faced the last 15 years would’ve been like if Andy Murray was Djokovic’s biggest rival. Women’s tennis peaked 30+ years ago. Serena is the GOAT women’s player but Joker is the best individual athlete of this generation. Maybe if Tiger stayed healthy there’d be a discussion.
This argument is like the Jorden, Kobie, Labron, Magic, Kareem, Russell discussion. It really doesn't get anywhere, but is fun.

You can read hundreds of pages on this in the tennis message boards.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This argument is like the Jorden, Kobie, Labron, Magic, Kareem, Russell discussion. It really doesn't get anywhere, but is fun.

You can read hundreds of pages on this in the tennis message boards.

There’s a lot that goes into team sports; teammates, coaching, ownership/management, refs etc... it’s tougher to compare to mono e mono sports.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
See the graph I posted where Joker went up two of the greatest three players ever for the majority of his career. #data
Arguments of the GOAT in every sport have been going on forever. OK you win. You have your opinion, so do either people. Don't act like you are the guru of tennis, because you are not.

There are more detailed and insightful discussions of this on the tennis message boards.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I started playing tennis because of the Borg and Conners rivalry. Each guy was different but successful. I tended too like how even keel Borg was. Even when he had to be patient and watch Conners go on a rant. Then be focused enough to continue playing as if nothing happened. I never could get the two handed backhanded down.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
I started playing tennis because of the Borg and Conners rivalry. Each guy was different but successful. I tended too like how even keel Borg was. Even when he had to be patient and watch Conners go on a rant. Then be focused enough to continue playing as if nothing happened. I never could get the two handed backhanded down.
During that time tennis was very popular in the U.S. Unfortunately, it faded in popularity, and the U.S. has never caught up with the rest of the world. After McEnroe and Roddick we have not been competitive on the men's side.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Arguments of the GOAT in every sport have been going on forever. OK you win. You have your opinion, so do either people. Don't act like you are the guru of tennis, because you are not.

There are more detailed and insightful discussions of this on the tennis message boards.

Sounds to me like you get upset if someone doesn’t share the same opinion. Cheers!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
IDK about Novak being the greatest athlete, but when it comes to that topic it is all opinion based and there are no wrong answers. I would argue that Simone Biles is the best athlete in these olympics based on one of a kind athletic ability in her sport.

I think Carlos Alcaraz is a better overall athlete than his older rivals and if he puts it all together trophy wise he could be the greatest. I think in his prime Roger was overall the best tennis player I've ever watched. his ball striking quality is by far the best I've seen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky