Offseason makeover for the SUNS

sunsGM

Reaction score
Trade Gortat/Frye to the Hawks in exchange for Josh smith and Zaza Pachulia

amnesty childress

Sign Dragic

Sign Eric Gordon

Draft Tyler Zeller

Trade Warrrick/future 1st rd pick top 10 protected to any team willing to take him for future 2nd rd pick(basically trade him just to get him off the books)

Sign Carl Landry

Sign Jamal Crawford for MLE

Fill out end of bench with vet min players.

Zaza(5.2 mil)/Zeller(1.6)
Landry(7)/Morris(2 mil)
Smith(13.2 mil)/Dudley(4.2)
Gordon(14 mil)/Crawford(3.5)
Dragic(7 mil)/Telfair(1.5)

Phoenix would become a championship contender

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually that front court might cost us the DLeague title. I am out.

asudevil83

Reaction score

amnesty childress

Sign Dragic

Sign Eric Gordon

Draft Tyler Zeller

Trade Warrrick/future 1st rd pick top 10 protected to any team willing to take him for future 2nd rd pick(basically trade him just to get him off the books)

Sign Carl Landry

Sign Jamal Crawford for MLE

Fill out end of bench with vet min players.

Zaza(5.2 mil)/Zeller(1.6)
Landry(7)/Morris(2 mil)
Smith(13.2 mil)/Dudley(4.2)
Gordon(14 mil)/Crawford(3.5)
Dragic(7 mil)/Telfair(1.5)

Phoenix would become a championship contender

LOL
////////

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Warrick is overpaid but he isnt Rashard Lewis overpayed. Giving away a pick to clear 4 million off our cap is a repugnant idea.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score

If that waste of an NBA player named Zaza Pachulia is a Sun I will forever stop watching the NBA. Hell to the no.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/hea...x-suns-potential-2013-off-season-targets.html

Here is a list Paul Coro has of potential Sun's targets but a lot of them are trade options which PHX doesn't have anything other teams would want unless we have some TPE's that that teams looking for cap space are after.

I like the idea of adding Devin Harris, Josh Smith but everyone else is a pipe dream. I could see UTA trading one of either Jefferson or Milsap before they become FA's next year but PHX will not have anything to interest them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/hea...x-suns-potential-2013-off-season-targets.html

Here is a list Paul Coro has of potential Sun's targets but a lot of them are trade options which PHX doesn't have anything other teams would want unless we have some TPE's that that teams looking for cap space are after.

I like the idea of adding Devin Harris, Josh Smith but everyone else is a pipe dream. I could see UTA trading one of either Jefferson or Milsap before they become FA's next year but PHX will not have anything to interest them.

The article is written by Bob Young of The Arizona Republic not Paul Coro so it's off to a bad start right there. And it's talking about who might be there in the summer of 2013. It's like rolling dice. I like going after quality players, but like every season, some of these players will never make free agency. I don't like dismissing the summer of 2012 outright when there will be some good players available although they may not have the name power.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't like dismissing the summer of 2012 outright when there will be some good players available although they may not have the name power.

Like who? 2012 free agency is just a total minefield, and good player (and even mediocre ones) invariably get overpaid in free agency.

The 2013 list is more promising, but why would any of the really good ones want to come here?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like who? 2012 free agency is just a total minefield, and good player (and even mediocre ones) invariably get overpaid in free agency.

The 2013 list is more promising, but why would any of the really good ones want to come here?

money talks.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
money talks.

Of course, but who would you go max for out of that group other than Paul/Harden? I think our chances of getting Harden are greater than Paul, but still slim.

Further, I think there will be much better options out there for both players and it's not like you can give anyone a godfather deal. Why would Paul leave LA and their supermax offer? You really think Paul will leave Griffin and Jordan for Channing and the *****?

Paying a guy like Josh Smith or Ibaka the max is what dooms teams to mediocrity.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The whole thing about the 2013 list being more promising is that it is just a list. A lot of these players will not see free agency in 2013 although I would like to hold a chunk of change for one should a player like Harden falls through the cracks.

In regard to this summer's free agency class a couple of players I like are Ersan Ilyasova and Kris Humphries in that order who can play the PF position.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The whole thing about the 2013 list being more promising is that it is just a list. A lot of these players will not see free agency in 2013 although I would like to hold a chunk of change for one should a player like Harden falls through the cracks.

In regard to this summer's free agency class a couple of players I like are Ersan Ilyasova and Kris Humphries in that order who can play the PF position.

Exactly on the first point...just like Westbrook and Love were potential FA's, many of these guys will be locked up long before 2013.

Ersan and the Hump are ok, but how much would you pay them? Ilyasova's had one good year on an awful team where he had little impact. Same with Humphries. I'd give Ilyasova maybe 6 per, Humphries maybe about the same. They both only need to find one idiot to pay them far more than that. FA is just bad news for trying to get better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly on the first point...just like Westbrook and Love were potential FA's, many of these guys will be locked up long before 2013.

Ersan and the Hump are ok, but how much would you pay them? Ilyasova's had one good year on an awful team where he had little impact. Same with Humphries. I'd give Ilyasova maybe 6 per, Humphries maybe about the same. They both only need to find one idiot to pay them far more than that. FA is just bad news for trying to get better.

Humphries got payed like 9M for a one year contract so I'm thinking Ilyasova might come cheaper and he is really a versatile young player with upside. I like both players. Either would be a huge upgrade at the PF position for the Suns and likely not break the bank. The Suns will likely need to go after players on their way up rather than bank on signing stars.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Humphries got payed like 9M for a one year contract so I'm thinking Ilyasova might come cheaper and he is really a versatile young player with upside. I like both players. Either would be a huge upgrade at the PF position for the Suns and likely not break the bank. The Suns will likely need to go after players on their way up rather than bank on signing stars.

Yeah, I have no problem going after the Ilyasova/Beasley/Gerald Green's of the world, but only if we sign them to reasonable deals. Unfortunately these are the kind of players that tend to get overpaid.

If you're going to overpay, at least do it with stars...unfortunately we offer nothing other than a training staff to attract stars.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cant emphasize how horrible Michael Beasley is as an NBA player. He might be someone you want is you're playing 2 on 2 at the park but in this league he is a complete pile of trash.

Abysmal defender, rebounder, he scores but virtually entirely by using inefficient isolation plays. Barring a lobotomy I doubt he will ever be significant contributor on a contending team.

And he holds the rare distinction of become worse with each year in the league.

I would be absolutely disgusted if he ever put on a Suns uniform.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I cant emphasize how horrible Michael Beasley is as an NBA player. He might be someone you want is you're playing 2 on 2 at the park but in this league he is a complete pile of trash.

Abysmal defender, rebounder, he scores but virtually entirely by using inefficient isolation plays. Barring a lobotomy I doubt he will ever be significant contributor on a contending team.

And he holds the rare distinction of become worse with each year in the league.

I would be absolutely disgusted if he ever put on a Suns uniform.

I completely agree. Beasley is just terrible.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns inevitably end up with the last pick in the lottery, they need to figure out a way to move up and build around whatever player they end up picking. That's a start.

Talk to be after that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05