OK time to whine

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize we wound up over 300 yards passing but much of that was padding late.

the Jags were clearly playing pass on every play, why did we abandon the run and in particular why did JJ get only 6 carries when he was one tackle from breaking one on 3 of them? I just don't understand this offense, whoever the hell is calling the plays and deciding when to run and when to pass and who to play needs to be fired.

Jax at times was playing 5 in the box, 4 man line and the MLB, we should have been running every down.

And now guess who the local CBS station puts on its postgame Raiders show Bill Romanowski? unreal, does the guy have to murder someone before people get we don't like him, or is that why he gets on tv, because we hate him?

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
My whine: we couldn't make a stop on Jags 3rd and long. They converted nearly all day.

Boldin losing his cool didn't help, either.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Huff not being able to stop Garrard when they were 1-1 on almost every single one of Gerrard's runs.

Griffith dropping that pick.

Boldin being terrible this game.

Big having an awful game.

Stupid personal fouls.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeattleCard said:
My whine: we couldn't make a stop on Jags 3rd and long. They converted nearly all day.

Boldin losing his cool didn't help, either.

Yep, it's as if nobody noticed Leftwich was out and Garrard was in and can run.

this team just sucks your mojo out of you every week.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Huff not being able to stop Garrard when they were 1-1 on almost every single one of Gerrard's runs.

Griffith dropping that pick.

Boldin being terrible this game.

Big having an awful game.

Stupid personal fouls.

Griffith dropping the pick was huge. He catches it and gets any run at all we're near midfield. even if we bog down and kick a FG it's 17-13 and they don't get the ball back in our end and get the easy TD.

Griffith is like Huff, goes for the knockout hit doesn't wrap up, and can't catch the ball.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

the Jags were clearly playing pass on every play, why did we abandon the run and in particular why did JJ get only 6 carries when he was one tackle from breaking one on 3 of them? I just don't understand this offense, whoever the hell is calling the plays and deciding when to run and when to pass and who to play needs to be fired.

Jax at times was playing 5 in the box, 4 man line and the MLB, we should have been running every down.

And now guess who the local CBS station puts on its postgame Raiders show Bill Romanowski? unreal, does the guy have to murder someone before people get we don't like him, or is that why he gets on tv, because we hate him?

Until we can get some sort of real running game we will never be a threat to make the playoffs. I think our number one problem is a complete lack of running. It is amazing we can pass at all considering our lack of running. All of our penalties are a lack of coaching pure and simple. I should temper that with the constant changing of players positions on the line contributes to this also. I realize we have a poor offensive line but some good heavy weight runners would make "some" yardage. Our guys not only do not make yardage they lose yardage. A good run here and there does not get it. Warner can hit receivers and even though he slow he still can counter the blitz by recognizing it. We played a tough team and were in it until the last minute. They did not quit.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
Until we can get some sort of real running game we will never be a threat to make the playoffs. I think our number one problem is a complete lack of running. It is amazing we can pass at all considering our lack of running. All of our penalties are a lack of coaching pure and simple. I should temper that with the constant changing of players positions on the line contributes to this also. I realize we have a poor offensive line but some good heavy weight runners would make "some" yardage. Our guys not only do not make yardage they lose yardage. A good run here and there does not get it. Warner can hit receivers and even though he slow he still can counter the blitz by recognizing it. We played a tough team and were in it until the last minute. They did not quit.

JJ and Shipp had 12 carries 62 yards. I think Shipp had 1 carry for negative yardage beyond that we ran the ball well all game. We just didn't run enough.

Jax was dropping to stop the pass and take away the slants, we should have ran the ball more in this game.

JJ averaged over 6 yards per carry and had 3 runs where he was one guy from busting it(one was only 2 yards but if he beat that guy, he had daylight), in a game where the D is daring you to run, you have to do it, and you have to do it with a guy who can actually bust a long run.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
Rowen seems only marginally better than Alex Wood to me. JMHO.

I'm wondering if it's the playcalling, or the system itself?

idahocardsfan

Veteran
Reaction score
My whine is that we threw it to boldin on that 4TH and 1 in the 4th quarter. I like the idea of going for it but was was kurt warner thinking when 2 guys was covering boldin. they were all over him.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Much as I'd like to whine, I'm just going to focus on our 2006 draft. Our pick should occur sometime around 1:00 EST.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is that the Jags NEVER, not on one SINGLE play, had a safety closer than 10 yards from the LOS. Usually, one guy was right at 10, the other was 15 yards back. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen an NFL team play cover 2 100% of the game. Even when they blitzed, that's where the safeties lined up!

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
All I know is that the Jags NEVER, not on one SINGLE play, had a safety closer than 10 yards from the LOS. Usually, one guy was right at 10, the other was 15 yards back. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen an NFL team play cover 2 100% of the game. Even when they blitzed, that's where the safeties lined up!

that's exactly my point, they were literally playing 5 or 6 in the box, you HAVE to run on that. That's why our passing game was so ineffective in the first half we were trying to throw against that defense.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

How was it padding when we were driving to tie the game? We were in this game big time until the fumble.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Osbern61 said:
Much as I'd like to whine, I'm just going to focus on our 2006 draft. Our pick should occur sometime around 1:00 EST.

I feel ya on that Osbern61. Even before that I am going to focus on what and if there is gonna be a shakeup on our assistant coaching staff. IMHO Solomon, O'Dea, and Lindsey just have to go. I want to keep Green and Rowen if for no other reason than for the continuity. A new HC and every 4 yrs or so and a new OC for nearly every year for the past decade is hutring us I believe.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PJ1 said:
Russ Smith said:

How was it padding when we were driving to tie the game? We were in this game big time until the fumble.

261 of it came in the 2nd half and most of that in the 4th quarter once they got a 2 TD lead. Yes we nearly came back, but in the "meat" of the game, Kurt was largely struggling.

I want to bring the guy back for sure, I'm just saying that I don't think he played well until about midway through the 3rd quarter.

Reaction score
I don't think there is any question this one falls directly on the coaches, they were out-schemed all day long. Playing at home, with Leftwich out, it shouldn't have even been close.