Omer Asik

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kravtsov is a stiff, plain and simple.

At the scrimmage he showed me nothing. Slow and doesn't make up for it in anyway as in basketball smarts or other intangibles.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rumblings that Bledsoe doesn't want to be here. Bledsoe for Asik. This team would be dangerous with Asik.

Oh. and send Archie to the D League so he can learn the game. Give him a year or two.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumblings that Bledsoe doesn't want to be here. Bledsoe for Asik. This team would be dangerous with Asik.

Oh. and send Archie to the D League so he can learn the game. Give him a year or two.

Rumblings? From where?

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm psychic.

Yeah, you and the analyst from Portland. I don't think his comments tonight qualify as "rumblings". Granted, I wondered right away if the reason he didn't sign with us was because he didn't want to be here but I've seen nothing to indicate he wants out. He seems to like his teammates, he's been a good leader when he played and he seems attentive to the coaching staff. I think anyone suggesting he's taking games off because he's unhappy in Phoenix is pulling stuff from thin air. Not that you connected those dots but the Portland guy did.

Steve

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jared Dudley for Omer Asik would be an absolute coup.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, you and the analyst from Portland. I don't think his comments tonight qualify as "rumblings". Granted, I wondered right away if the reason he didn't sign with us was because he didn't want to be here but I've seen nothing to indicate he wants out. He seems to like his teammates, he's been a good leader when he played and he seems attentive to the coaching staff. I think anyone suggesting he's taking games off because he's unhappy in Phoenix is pulling stuff from thin air. Not that you connected those dots but the Portland guy did.

Steve

Like I said Steve, I'm psychic. And I'd hope by now you realize I know a little more about this game than some people think.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I'd hope by now you realize I know a little more about this game than some people think.

I'm sorry but I haven't seen anything to support that. You've sure got the ego though.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is most likely:

...we also heard this from a reliable source: "Don't listen to all this stuff, especially from the Portland broadcasters; they are notoriously speculative and some of the worst announcers in the league. Right now Eric is a Sun and I think he's happy to be one."

I do know they're the worst announcers in the NBA. I mentioned that earlier this year.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Sci Fi might actually be the first person to end up on my ignore list. I have never seen such blatant trolling tolerated on this board.

On topic though- I saw Bledsoe jumping up and down when Suns (Well, Dragic and Frye, really) were making a comeback in the 2nd quarter. He looked happy to me, cheering for his teammates like there was no tomorrow.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Why do you feed the troll? Sci Fi is obviously a) an idiot and b) a troll. If you look through his posts there is generally an anti-Bledsoe subtone in everything he writes.

It seems he is merely a Dragic-fanboy and feels threatened by Bledsoe taking over the team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On topic though- I saw Bledsoe jumping up and down when Suns (Well, Dragic and Frye, really) were making a comeback in the 2nd quarter. He looked happy to me, cheering for his teammates like there was no tomorrow.

Good point. I also saw him talking to Dragic during the game and encouraging him.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What is that? And what intelligent human being would read anything into that?

Typical Sci Fi.

If this were real life and we could see each other, we'd realize that we are a bunch of adults arguing with a 12-year-old, and we'd feel pretty darn silly.

Just stop arguing with Sci Fi, and wait until his mother calls him to the dinner table so that he'll go away.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Houston is being very candid about wanting to trade Asik - they want to make the trade as quickly as possible after Dec 15th. They quoted 15th thru 19th as their target window. (They said they want to have time to make further trades.) They're looking for a stretch 4. His salary for trade purposes is 8.4 million... could we squeeze Frye and Markieff into that amount?

Or what about this blockbuster deal. We send Marcus back to them and Frye for Asik, then trade Dragic to them for Aaron Brooks, again!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sci Fi might actually be the first person to end up on my ignore list. I have never seen such blatant trolling tolerated on this board.

Friends
Sci Fi has not made any friends yet

ASFN has spoken...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just pondering Asik.

If Okafor became healthy, I wonder if the Suns could offer a package that includes something like Okafor and a first round pick for Asik. If Okafor can play this season (he has an expiring contract) this might be attractive to the Rockets.

Also Asik, Plumlee and Len at center for the Suns does not sound bad.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The problem is that Hornacek already has confidence issues playing Plumlee in crunch time (I presume because of FT/spacing concerns). Is Asik enough of an upgrade defensively for Hornacek to have him on the court in the last 5 mins?

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The problem is that Hornacek already has confidence issues playing Plumlee in crunch time (I presume because of FT/spacing concerns). Is Asik enough of an upgrade defensively for Hornacek to have him on the court in the last 5 mins?

He's an improvement defensively, but he shares Plumlee's inability to shoot free throws (53% career), so that could be an issue.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this were real life and we could see each other, we'd realize that we are a bunch of adults arguing with a 12-year-old, and we'd feel pretty darn silly.

Just stop arguing with Sci Fi, and wait until his mother calls him to the dinner table so that he'll go away.

I think we would really be surprised how true this is in some cases.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we would really be surprised how true this is in some cases.

You know. I agree. Just the other day I read somebody on here posted that Tony Parker and Manu were role players. Couldn't agree more. A lot of stupid on here. Poster was probably like 12. Maybe 13 tops.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake