One Step At A Time

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah asked the question, so I attempted to answer it.
No, you asked the question, then promptly said the answer was moot. So I wondered why ask the question in the first place. That's all.

pnthrfan

Reaction score
Good news for you guys on your upcoming game against the Rams. But I would worry about the Panthers first. I tried to post a link for the NFL weather, but it wouldn't let me. I need 20 posts first. TWC NFL football weather forcasts. Pretty accurate for the games here in NC so far this year. Cheers. GO PANTHERS!!

It's being reported that Rams RB STEVEN JACKSONs quad injury could be worse than let on and he could miss the next 1-2 weeks.

Jackson originally called the injury a "little bruise", but it sounds like the injury could cost him some practice time this week and a "questionable" label going into Week 8.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Here's my breakdown:

QB ARZ (Warner over Bulger)
RB STL (Jackson over James)
FB STL (Kreider over Smith)
WR PUSH (Holt even with Fitz)
FL ARZ (Boldin over Avery)
LT STL (Pace over Gandy)
LG ARZ (Wells over Bell)
C PUSH (Incognito even with Sendlein)
RG ARZ (Lutui over Leckey)
RT STL (Barron over Brown)
TE PUSH (Becht/Klopfenstein even with Pope/Tuman)

LDE STL (Little over Smith)
LDT STL (Carriker over Dockett)
RDT STL (Glover over Robinson/Watson)
RDE PUSH (Long even with Berry)
SLB PUSH (Tunoisimoa even with Okeafor)
MLB STL (Witherspoon over Hayes)
WLB ARZ ( Dansby over Culberson/Draft)
LCB ARZ (Hood over Brown)
SS ARZ (Wilson over Chavous)
FS STL (Atogwe over Rolle)
RCB ARZ (Green over Committee)

K STL (Brown over Rackers)
P STL (Jones over Johnson)

Totals ARZ 8, STL 11, 6 PUSHES

Fitz is better than Holt now

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here's my breakdown:

LT STL (Pace over Gandy)
LG ARZ (Wells over Bell)

Well, I disagree with some of you specific rankings (I believe both Fitz and Boldin are more productive than Holt right now) I think there is a certain devil in the details here. That is a question of the degree of seperation in talent levels. Ok, that was convoluted but hear me out.

Example #1 - Warner is not just slightly better than Bulger this year.
He has 1708 yards and 12 Tds to Bulgers 828 yards and 3 TDs.

Example # 2 - James + Hightower = 493 yards and 8 Tds vs Jackson + other Rams Rbs with 592 yards and 5 TDs. More yards for Jackson and company ,sure, but the Cards have more Redzone production.

What I'm seeing is that where the Rams are better at a position they only have a slight edge. Where the Cards are better they are generally much better. Besides, at the end of the day Fitz isn't going up against Holt, rather Brown or another CB. When you look up against true individual matchups I like how our talent stacks up even more.

Add that to our depth (our number 2s and 3s rule their's) and you see an even larger disparity.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news for you guys on your upcoming game against the Rams. But I would worry about the Panthers first. I tried to post a link for the NFL weather, but it wouldn't let me. I need 20 posts first. TWC NFL football weather forcasts. Pretty accurate for the games here in NC so far this year. Cheers. GO PANTHERS!!

It's being reported that Rams RB STEVEN JACKSONs quad injury could be worse than let on and he could miss the next 1-2 weeks.

Jackson originally called the injury a "little bruise", but it sounds like the injury could cost him some practice time this week and a "questionable" label going into Week 8.

Welcome pnthrfan. Nobody here is overlooking Carolina.

seesred

Reaction score
There is a reason for the saying " On any given Sunday". We have a good chance this Sunday. We will be playing the Panthers agood solid team. I'm not interested in the up coming Rams game because things can change with one bad hit on a key player..See Brady. The only thing I do know is that if we play like we did in week 5 and 6 we can win.

GBR

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Trust me, I don't like the idea of going to Carolina this week. We are a horrible road team coming off a bye and the most emotional game this Cardinal roster has experienced under Whiz. We tend to get a bit excited at the "what if " scenarios and this week is no different. The hungry Cardinal Nation can only imagine what it would mean to go into Carolina and beat the Panthers.
Not only would we go to 5-2 , but we would have beat 3 quality team (Bills 5-1, Cowboys 4-3, and Panthers 5-2) over the last 3 weeks.
We will have to play a near perfect game to beat your Panthers.

pnthrfan

Reaction score
Trust me, I don't like the idea of going to Carolina this week. We are a horrible road team coming off a bye and the most emotional game this Cardinal roster has experienced under Whiz. We tend to get a bit excited at the "what if " scenarios and this week is no different. The hungry Cardinal Nation can only imagine what it would mean to go into Carolina and beat the Panthers.
Not only would we go to 5-2 , but we would have beat 3 quality team (Bills 5-1, Cowboys 4-3, and Panthers 5-2) over the last 3 weeks.
We will have to play a near perfect game to beat your Panthers.

We definately have to be on our toes against you guys. The Panthers can come in over confident as the Bucs showed us, and hopefully they have learned a valuable lesson. That spank you guys put on the Cowpies was SWEET!!! Congrats on that win. That win, helped me get over that beating we took from the Bucs. Anyway, good luck to you guys, and I know we have the advantage, with you guys coming Eastbound and all, but I must say, I'll take any advantage we can get, because you know, any given Sunday. Cheers!!!! GO PANTHERS!!!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Mitch, do you really believe that the Rams front 7 is as good or even better than the Cardinals? They are giving up 5.0 YPC!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Here's my breakdown:

LT STL (Pace over Gandy)
LG ARZ (Wells over Bell)

You know Mitch for a guy with as much football knowledge as you have you sure miss the boat alot of the time. Some of the things you say are just waaaaaaaay out of left field and this is along those lines.

I don't agree with 50% of your rankings and football is not played in a vacum. Its a team game. So going one by one and listing player by player really doesn't mean anything. You know who probably beats us at 90% of positions head to head. The Dallas Cowboys.

The point is you are taking WAAAAY to much stock in a St Louis team that is fired up about Linehan being gone and beat a Redskins team that over looked them and a Cowboys team in dissaray because of us. They are not as bad as they looked the first 4 games but they are certainly not as good as you are giving them credit for now.

If they go into NE and beat New England and beat NE, I'll buy into this rhetoric a little more - but even then not completley. NFL is all about match ups.

And we match up very well with the Rams. We always shut down big name backs the last 2 years. They have no corners that can stay with us. They have very little pass rush and we can get to Bulger - especially if Pace doesn't play.

Not to mention its inside a dome and Warner likes to play well there with his previous history.

Just relax Mitch. No one is overlooking the Rams. I don't think we matchup well with Carolina which is why I will think we will lose.

And then we will have the juice to beat a FAR inferior Rams team.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Welcome Pnthrfan...

I think you're the 3rd Panther fan to show up on here and the others were friendly, too. Course, I'm NOT surprised as I call Charleston, S.C. "home" and know the natives to be friendly. As for the game?? Tough call. ALOT of things to give you the guys the edge BUT we are NOT the same ol' Cardinals regardless of the out-come. This is year #2 of the Whiz'-Grimm era and we have seen rapid improvement in that time. ...And Michael Bidwill is now running the show and our over-all operation has dramatically improved. It'll also be interesting to see what kind of a day J. Stewart has against us as alot of us on here were interested in drafting him. But good corners are even harder to find than a good back so we took DRC (Abbrv.) Anyways, let's hope we have an enjoyable, injury-free, contest on Sunday. GO CARDS!!! ....And Panthers, too. Just NOT this Sunday! Again, WELCOME!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my breakdown:

LT STL (Pace over Gandy)
LG ARZ (Wells over Bell)

:thud:

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Holt equal to Fitz??

Wow.. just wow..

Tell that to my fantasy team where he's riding the bench behind star WRs like Derrick Mason, Matt Jones, and Ike Hilliard.. Holt certainly isnt as terrible as his numbers show this yr.. put him on another team and he'd be a Top 15 WR still, however, he plays in the St Louis system with Bulger and therefore is what his numbers say he is... which is not good and certainly not even close to the level of Fitz

Warner, Fitz, Boldin, Breaston absolutely blow their St Louis counterparts out of the water