Orlando at Phoenix Game Thread -- Nov 30th, 7:00 pm -- FSN HD

sunsfn

Reaction score
Orlando (14-3) at Phoenix (11-4)

azsportsfan31 must be busy, so thought I would get this started.

Nov 30, 7:00 PM US Airways Center 620/92.3 FSN AZ HD

By MIKE LIPKA, STATS Writer
A dominating performance by an opposing big man helped send the Phoenix Suns to their second straight loss Wednesday.
Now they look to come up with an answer for 6-foot-11 Dwight Howard as they try to avoid a third straight defeat Friday when they host the streaking Orlando Magic, who have won more games than any other NBA team.
Phoenix (11-4) beat the Magic (14-3) for the fourth straight time Nov. 10 in Orlando, winning 106-96 despite 33 points and 18 rebounds from Howard.
But the Suns had problems defending Houston's Yao Ming on Wednesday in a 100-94 home loss to the Rockets, just their second defeat of the season at US Airways Center. Houston successfully slowed down the Suns' preferred breakneck pace and repeatedly got the ball inside to Yao, who had 31 points on 12-of-19 shooting and 13 rebounds.

Coach Mike D'Antoni blamed Phoenix's offense for the loss to the Rockets, as it was just the third time all season the Suns were held under 100 points.
In their previous game, the Suns allowed 45 first-quarter points in a 129-114 loss at Golden State. They had won eight in a row before their current skid.
"There's no need to panic, we just need to improve," Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire said after scoring 25 points Wednesday. "We need to look at film tomorrow and go over the things that we didn't quite execute tonight and improve on that. We're still in good shape and we're still confident."
The Magic, who have won four straight and nine of 10, may be more confident than any other team in basketball. After finishing under .500 last season (40-42), they signed free agent forward Rashard Lewis (19.2 points per game) and have watched Howard take another big step forward.
The 21-year-old Howard is coming off perhaps his best game in four NBA seasons, scoring a career-high 39 points to go with 16 rebounds in Orlando's 110-94 win over Seattle on Wednesday. He was 12-of-17 from the floor and 15-of-20 from the foul line, also blocking five shots and prompting SuperSonics rookie Kevin Durant to call him "the most dominating player in this game right now."
Howard averages 23.5 points and 14.5 rebounds - up from 17.6 and 12.3 last season - and has a league-high 14 double-doubles.
"The way Dwight was playing, they didn't have an answer for him," Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy said. "One guy couldn't stop him, two guys couldn't stop him, so they put everybody on him."
The Magic are entering the third leg of a five-game West Coast swing with an NBA-best 9-1 road record. They visit the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday and Golden State the following night.
These teams' first meeting this season was forward Grant Hill's first game back in Orlando after leaving the Magic as a free agent in the offseason. Hill had 14 points and eight rebounds, but it was Leandro Barbosa who buried Orlando with a career-high 39 points.
Though they failed to slow down Howard, the Suns held Lewis to a season-low seven points on 3-of-14 shooting. Lewis had just nine points in his last game at Seattle, where he spent his first nine seasons.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns beat the magic hopefully we can end this little losing streak were on by playing better defefnse

My prediction is

Suns 108

Magic 98

Leading Scorer Marion

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
bad feeling about tonight's game. it seems no one is on their game right now. we could get crushed.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, not that it's panic time. However, if we get worked tonight by Orlando, I think a bunch of people are going to jump on...it's time to make a trade bandwagon.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Guys, not that it's panic time. However, if we get worked tonight by Orlando, I think a bunch of people are going to jump on...it's time to make a trade bandwagon.
Yeah, let's trade Mike D'Antoni. :biglaugh:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, we're playing a somewhat good team with a pulse and not decimated by injuries? More often than not in that scenario so far this year we lose. That's my call. Hope to be proven wrong.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i think we will win, call me crazy, but i think nash will catch fire tonight, over 30 points for him. this will shut everybody up that panicking after a two game losing streak....hopefully.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Magic will be fired up after losing the first battle... if Suns are cold... its going to be a big win for the Magic...

Howard 30/20 tonight

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
raptornation has totally changed their site and not sure if theyre hosting streams anymore. TvAnts is supposed to have it but they have decided to show reruns of the rockets/warriors game. My two suns buddies i watch the games with are busy, one has marine obligations, the other is wtf studying!?

sweet talking one of my lady friends into hanging out since she has an hdtv... im optimisic

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
raptornation has totally changed their site and not sure if theyre hosting streams anymore. TvAnts is supposed to have it but they have decided to show reruns of the rockets/warriors game. My two suns buddies i watch the games with are busy, one has marine obligations, the other is wtf studying!?

sweet talking one of my lady friends into hanging out since she has an hdtv... im optimisic

goodluck to you

OT:
the miami-boston is telveised here but it's a blowout already.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
goodluck to you

OT:
the miami-boston is telveised here but it's a blowout already.

I don't care who Boston's been playing - to absolutely ROLL everyone so far, considering the ENTIRE TEAM has NEVER played together is pretty damn impressive.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Bell IS playing. Suns look more inspired tonight. 19-10, Marion just had a steal and break away dunk.

Not sure who started as i only started watching 5mins ago.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
no its just one hell of a process to get the link. test of attrition really