Orlando at Phoenix Game Thread -- Nov 30th, 7:00 pm -- FSN HD

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i must say, it will be ridiculous for us to lose this game. we can not afford to blow this lead and make it 3 straight loses

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
anyone saw what Boris did?

he high fived someone on the court then he immediately went back to the bench even looking at the sideline to know exactly where he is..
:)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Holy crap, you definitely have to submit that to that ESPN thing with the matching faces, I can't remember what it's called. That's amazing.

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
My thoughts on the game:

1. Lesson learned -- don't go to Nash for clutch FT's with the game on the line.

2. Bell's best game of the year by far -- in fact, I'd say Bell's first really good game this year. I wasn't sure about putting him back in as a starter with LB playing so well, but I guess D'Antoni knows what he's doing. LB played better, too. Those two guys make a big difference

3. Hill had another solid night. 15 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast and 2 blocks. Switch those numbers with JR's numbers from last year, and that's a game tonight that we would have lost. He's the X factor this year.

4. Speaking of Hill, D'Antoni took a LOT of grief for getting Hill to start taking 3's, but it's definitely paying off, at least from the corner. Is anyone going to give D'Antoni credit for adding something new to Hill's game? Hill's an all-star caliber player who's been in the league for a decade, yet D'Antoni still managed to find an improvement that no other coach (or Hill himself) found in all that time.

5. Any win over Orlando is a good win, but this was a very losable game for the Suns. Orlando shot just 29% from 3. If even one of those misses goes in, they lose. They shot 64% from the FT line - if even a couple of those go in, it's a loss. The Suns jumped out front in the first, and then nursed it along the rest of the night. D'Antoni said after the game that he was disappointed that the Suns didn't put them away sooner in the game, so at least he and the team see this as a problem.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Instead of complaining that his team didnt put orlando away sooner, how about celebrating that we outrebounded, outassisted, outblocked, and outshot them

It was a damn good game, a damn exciting game, the crowd was alive, yet dantoni, the one who complains about complaining, was complaining that we didnt blowout a 14-4 team...

I dont get it.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
4. Speaking of Hill, D'Antoni took a LOT of grief for getting Hill to start taking 3's, but it's definitely paying off, at least from the corner. Is anyone going to give D'Antoni credit for adding something new to Hill's game? Hill's an all-star caliber player who's been in the league for a decade, yet D'Antoni still managed to find an improvement that no other coach (or Hill himself) found in all that time.

I don't mind Grant adding the potential to hit an open three to his arsenal, but every moment he spends practicing shooting threes, he is not practicing other aspects of his game. I would rather focus on an older players specialty than try to make him learn a new skill. Even if he starts hitting threes now, will he be able to do it during the pressure of the playoffs?

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
How did Amare's defense look? Judging from Howard's number, it must have been atrocious again?

Also, did Bell pass the ball to Amare?