Orlando supposedly very interested in Nash

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know who you are trying to impress with the group of flunkies you mentioned. That is a pretty weak ass group if you ask me. As a matter of fact pretty horrilbe. All had issues in their careers and were not at their peak when in Orlando.

Maybe Van Gundy deserves to be in the hall of fame for getting them to win as many games as he has. All along I just thought he was just one of the better coaches in the league.

Thanks for supporting my belief with the facts. He hasn't had much talent beyond Dwight.

I really don't understand the hate for SVG.

Sometimes you can be wrong, you know.

Yes, if only Stan had something besides the most dominant big man of his generation to work with.

You can load up you pithy remarks but that supporting cast is actually pretty good. Orlando has had some very deep rosters, even if you want to pretend those guys are worthless. But guys do tend to look worse when playing for a coach with as little creativity as Stan Van Gundy.

Well, I shouldnt be so hard on him, one of Stan's teams did win the championship... after he got fired 20 games into the season and Riley took over.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Isn't this what we'd want from a Nash trade? Shed salary, 1 or 2 picks, and improved odds of us sucking? In fact, lets call up Ricky Davis, get him in here for a year on a min contract and take tanking to a whole new level!

Ricky and one of the Denver guys covered in tattoos, who's the brainaic on the wing wearing number 5? That guy (Stewie Smith?) + Beasley would rock, while we get rid of Chili, Hak, Nash, Hill for a couple of knuckleheads and 2 first round draft picks from lousy teams.

DO IT.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I don't know if it will be detrimental to his shoe contract but Adidas has all their money tied up in basically two players, Rose and Howard. I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that Adidas wants them in big markets. I doubt that they will insist upon it but I do believe that it will influence his decision. And I don't think it's all that easy to make up 30 million just by moving from Orlando to Phoenix.

As for Durant, he's a quiet, unassuming person who rarely screams "look at me, look at me". Nobody tells the world to call them Superman because they want to avoid publicity. Again, I don't see moving to Phoenix as such a huge improvement in this regard over Orlando. There's a reason that Dwight's approved list of trading partners only included the super markets.

Howard belongs in a supermarket, or mall, as we call them in Norway.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
eh... not sure if i totally agree with this. Howard is STILL incredibly limited as an offensive player and Van Gundy can't help that. If Howard had olajuwon's game, that team would have won titles by now.
Well I agree with you. But Hakeem was a freak. Before dirk being known as the great shooting big man, there was hakeem who was an incredible shooter for a man that size. I've only watched NBA since around 88/89 and i was young then. but Hakeem is by far the best center or big man I've ever watched. the dude was incredible. dwight is not there because as you say he has some weaknesses in his offense like shaq did. dwight has to be paired with another star offensive player IMO. and I think he will be very soon and will likely win a ring when he does. because is there is one KINK in miami's armour, it is that they don't have a big man at center. if dwight goes to a team that can match miami's talent in star power (or depth) then he will be a huge advantage in that matchup. I'm hoping he's in dallas, but that looks like a dream right now.

I don't know if van gundy is a bad coach or not, but I think clearly he has lost control of that team and they are tuning him out. I actually think vangundy lost control of his team a while ago so it may have helped their situation to have brought in a fresh coach like dallas had to do when avery johnson lost control of the mavericks. dwight howard has that team handcuffed right now and van gundy is limited. his own brother was calling him out on tv saying that stan is wrong for saying that dwight is not a distraction. I hear rick carlisle call out lamar odom on radio yesterday when asked what he thought about lamar. now for a while rick gave lamar a pass, but finally he said enough is enough. at some point as a coach you have to put your foot down. Denver faced the same thing last year before they traded melo. once melo was gone the coach was able to take control of his team again and they started winning as a team.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake