OT: A great story. The NFL could use more of this

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I may not be a Browns fan but I sure just became a Joe Hayden fan. Classy move by the young man!

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SUPER classy move. I think every NFL player that I've personally met were all way cool. This move goes above and beyond though. Best of luck to this young man, still hope he trips every time he covers Fitz though lol

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone else find it a bit creepy?

Not me. Even though he's been in the NFL 2 seasons Haden just turned 23 so its not a big deal as long she's 18 or older.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Not at all. Creepy is some girl taking a cardboard cutout of Tebow to her prom. It's nice to see these guys give back to their fans. He was in a unique position to help someone out and make that young lady's special day extraordinary. I think it was awesome he was able to do that.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
not in the slightest. She's his biggest fan, she got ditched a couple days before prom and decided to take a shot in the dark and ask. He accepted

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Hypothetically, would you guys consider it a class act if she was a smoking hot 18 year old girl?

Haha, but really, this a nice story.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hypothetically, would you guys consider it a class act if she was a smoking hot 18 year old girl?

Haha, but really, this a nice story.
lol, call it a hunch, but I don't think her date would have ditched her if she was smoking hot

Reaction score
Not so much creepy and more like what the hell 23 year old dude wants to go to a prom? The way Haden was talking about it, "I didn't get to my prom in high school, so..."

Weird!

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is the new trend, big celebs taking chicks (or dudes) to Prom. I find it creepy. What parent is gonna let some 20-something year-old **** take their daughter to the prom and be okay with it? If I asked some little girl to a prom I'd be arrested. I think it's dumb and "fake" news and "fake" press and not-just-slightly but all-the-way creepy.

Truth is, dudes and chicks gotta stay within their own "class". If you don't know who Metallica is (like original metallica) then you're too young, if you don't know who Iron Maiden is then why you talking to 'em? You're too old/young. People who think Queen is just an acronym for Justin Beiber and don't realize they were a band are too young. Anyone dig this or am I too old?

Last edited:

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
What Arizona Cardinal could you see doing something like this? How about Levi Brown? :D or Dan Williams? :D

I am not gonna name him coz he didn't do it for fame or to be on the news. A Cardinals player, I just knew from Twitter and I only met him once, nothing special, attended my Mom's funeral (she passed away last month here in AZ). He stayed all the time and even came to the burial site and helped with everything. Very classy.

Athlon

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It definitely was a really nice thing to do. I can't see anyone criticizing the man for doing it. The young lady was a fan that followed him on twitter and could answer a lot of his trivia questions. That's the main reason he helped her out he felt she was a true fan of his.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let's not pretend like an adult taking some chick to the prom is okay. Most of us would be put in jail. Most of us wouldn't even want to take some little girl to the prom. Most adult males don't even have access to little girl conversation or wishes or desires, because we're adults and focus our attention on things that don't have to do with little girls.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's not pretend like an adult taking some chick to the prom is okay. Most of us would be put in jail. Most of us wouldn't even want to take some little girl to the prom. Most adult males don't even have access to little girl conversation or wishes or desires, because we're adults and focus our attention on things that don't have to do with little girls.

She's 18..... An adult, going to the prom with another adult.. I don't know what your point is.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am not gonna name him coz he didn't do it for fame or to be on the news. A Cardinals player, I just knew from Twitter and I only met him once, nothing special, attended my Mom's funeral (she passed away last month here in AZ). He stayed all the time and even came to the burial site and helped with everything. Very classy.

That is very classy, but more importantly I am sorry about your mom's passing.

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score

In this case, an 18 year old (not a minor) ASKED an older man a few years older to go to a DANCE with her.

If it was this same man who was the one who ASKED a 17 year old to go to HER dance and offered to provide transportation, then this is beyond inappropriate. Come on guys use common sense.

What about those 18 year old beautiful blonde girls that marry 92 year old billionaires hmmm? No one gets in trouble there.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score

I'm Sorry for you with your Moms passing but glad you got to see real human kindness. Hope all is well

Athlon

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It's not a real date you do understand that right? You act as if the media isn't going to be there with cameras and that some pervert was stalking her.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
My fiance (a middle school teacher) makes me go to the dances with her... it's freakin' creepy!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is the new trend, big celebs taking chicks (or dudes) to Prom. I find it creepy. What parent is gonna let some 20-something year-old **** take their daughter to the prom and be okay with it? If I asked some little girl to a prom I'd be arrested. I think it's dumb and "fake" news and "fake" press and not-just-slightly but all-the-way creepy.

Truth is, dudes and chicks gotta stay within their own "class". If you don't know who Metallica is (like original metallica) then you're too young, if you don't know who Iron Maiden is then why you talking to 'em? You're too old/young. People who think Queen is just an acronym for Justin Beiber and don't realize they were a band are too young. Anyone dig this or am I too old?

I don't agree in this case. If he were 28 and she were 23 you wouldn't think anything of it. I'm 10 years older than my wife. She was in 3rd grade when I was a Senior in High School. Nobody finds that creepy (they just wonder what the heck she sees in me but that's another topic) We'll have our 25th Wedding Anniversary this August.

Hayden is barely 5 years older than that girl. People need to realize that at 18 you are a grown man or woman not some little boy or girl. In a couple of months she may go to college where she will interact with thousands of 20 something mofos as you call them.

Nobody gets arrested for dating 18 year olds anywhere in this country that I know of. 18 years of age is a line of demarcation between child and adult for lack of a better term.

Sports figures need to do more cool things like this for fans and get more publicity when they do. We need more Phil Mikelsons and fewer Barry Bonds. I don't see it as fake at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05