OT: A great story. The NFL could use more of this

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who isn't leaving them alone?

I was just speaking rhetorically, Pariah... I probably should have said, just leave IT alone, not them alone. Stories like this just seem to glorify sports figures more than they should. It was more than likely just something two people wanted to do.. not a big deal. I'm sure you know people in your life that do nice things for other people with no fanfare.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
We need more Phil Mikelsons and fewer Barry Bonds.
Be careful about touting Phil Mickelson. He has skeletons in his closet. It's pretty common knowledge around here that he skipped the Memorial tournament for a number of years because, years ago, he impregenated a young woman.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the new trend, big celebs taking chicks (or dudes) to Prom. I find it creepy. What parent is gonna let some 20-something year-old **** take their daughter to the prom and be okay with it? If I asked some little girl to a prom I'd be arrested. I think it's dumb and "fake" news and "fake" press and not-just-slightly but all-the-way creepy.

Truth is, dudes and chicks gotta stay within their own "class". If you don't know who Metallica is (like original metallica) then you're too young, if you don't know who Iron Maiden is then why you talking to 'em? You're too old/young. People who think Queen is just an acronym for Justin Beiber and don't realize they were a band are too young. Anyone dig this or am I too old?

So when I was 25 or 26 I dated a 20 year old girl.
About a week in I figured out she didnt know what beavis and butthead was (along with a few other things but that is the one that stands out) and I realized I had to terminate the relationship. I was too old for her and she would never understand me the way people my age will.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Be careful about touting Phil Mickelson. He has skeletons in his closet. It's pretty common knowledge around here that he skipped the Memorial tournament for a number of years because, years ago, he impregenated a young woman.

So what does that have to do with the fact that Phil Mikelson enjoys and embraces the fans and guys like Barry Bonds treat them like crap?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
So what does that have to do with the fact that Phil Mikelson enjoys and embraces the fans and guys like Barry Bonds treat them like crap?
Nothing. I thought you were talking about guys that have had some shady transgressions in the their past.

I agree that I don't understand why athletes act like ******s to fans. Most golfers are pretty fan friendly though. Scott Hoch is an exception. He almost hit me with a drive at the Memorial. When he got to his ball, I was about 5 feet to his right(not much of a crowd around) and he looks at me and says, "move", like I'm bothering him. I've played enough golf and wasn't anywhere near him to affect his shot. BUt his attitude was just being an ass. So, I said nice drive and backed away. You could see his face get red with anger. My whole thing is why be that way. You're playing sports for a living, enjoy yourslef.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Nothing. I thought you were talking about guys that have had some shady transgressions in the their past.

I agree that I don't understand why athletes act like ******s to fans. Most golfers are pretty fan friendly though. Scott Hoch is an exception. He almost hit me with a drive at the Memorial. When he got to his ball, I was about 5 feet to his right(not much of a crowd around) and he looks at me and says, "move", like I'm bothering him. I've played enough golf and wasn't anywhere near him to affect his shot. BUt his attitude was just being an ass. So, I said nice drive and backed away. You could see his face get red with anger. My whole thing is why be that way. You're playing sports for a living, enjoy yourslef.

I agree 100%. That's why I like guys like Mikelson and Dockett. We may give DD grief for some of his tweets but at least the guys not a self centered snob like a lot of guys. Of course a lot of rich people are self centered snobs and reclusive so I guess its not unusual that millionaire athletes would act in a similar fashion.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05