OT: Brian Flores Suing NFL Alleging Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I suppose you would be okay with old time comics having to make fools of themselves to work in the movies because they were relatively well paid. Compensation does not mean equality, dignity or equal opportunity, which every American deserves to have. We are a country where it should be possible to have a fair playing field when it comes to pursuing your dreams. Everyone should have a fair chance to coach based on their skills, not their racial heritage. Players make the big money because fans are willing to pay huge money to see the players who are best at that task. That’s not the reality of the criteria being used to choose coaches.

As to Lovie Smith, I think he was chosen to help against the suit and clearly not because he was the black candidate who had the best chance to build a winner. He’ll likely contribute to a better draft pick, much like the reason Flores was initially chosen. Lovie is a great guy but mostly failed in the NFL and at U of I. Glad to see him get a job. Also glad I’m not a Texas fan.
You know other races get treated poorly too? My Irish ancestors were treated sub-human my British ancestors, non-whites don't get a monopoly on suffering and hardship, we've all been there.

If ya'll want to continue to defend multi-millionaires who never have to worry about the "normal" persons' daily struggles, I won't be joining your pity party of enabling victims. If you are always a victim, you will never be a conqueror. The fact is minorities in America have more opportunities than anywhere in the world, the system isn't perfect, but there is a reason everyone is coming over here for the "American experience."

"Systematic racism" has produced more black multi-millionaires than any other country in the world. These guys don't care about you.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know other races get treated poorly too? My Irish ancestors were treated sub-human my British ancestors, non-whites don't get a monopoly on suffering and hardship, we've all been there.

If ya'll want to continue to defend multi-millionaires who never have to worry about the "normal" persons' daily struggles, I won't be joining your pity party of enabling victims. If you are always a victim, you will never be a conqueror. The fact is minorities in America have more opportunities than anywhere in the world, the system isn't perfect, but there is a reason everyone is coming over here for the "American experience."

"Systematic racism" has produced more black multi-millionaires than any other country in the world. These guys don't care about you.

Irish is not a race, they are largely Celtic people like the Welsh, some Scots and the people of Britanny, France. They were persecuted as Roman Catholics in the main. But, in the longer term they had three advantages: 1) broad backs for work 2) pretty daughters to marry off to those of English/Scottish extraction and (3) THEY WERE WHITE!

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Irish is not a race, they are largely Celtic people like the Welsh, some Scots and the people of Britanny, France. They were persecuted as Roman Catholics in the main. But, in the longer term they had three advantages: 1) broad backs for work 2) pretty daughters to marry off to those of English/Scottish extraction and (3) THEY WERE WHITE!

They are genetically related to Germanic peoples, so yes, they are a race, unless you're saying German peoples are not a race. Celtic DNA is large in haplogroups r1b, which happens to be one of the main subclades in Europe. If they aren't a race, then either is anyone else.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They are genetically related to Germanic peoples, so yes, they are a race, actually. Celtic DNA is large in haplogroups r1b, which happens to be one of the main subclades in Europe. If they aren't a race, then either is anyone else.

I take your point and conclude that IRISH, the people from Ireland, are not a separate race. Thus racism would no more apply to them than to me as a French person of Frankish, Norman (nordic) heritage. We like the Irish were persecuted in America for our religion, language and culture.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

There is so much ignorant and wrong with this post that it's almost physically repugnant to me. As a social worker who sees first-hand what you absolutely refuse to acknowledge, I would wish you to magically become the very race you comedically claim is advantaged in the U.S., stick you in the same circumstances many of them face, and watch your life crumble. You have no perception of the actual realities many minorities face. You're part of the problem, and saying you aren't part of the solution is a vast understatement. Until privileged people like you become willing to open your eyes, these problems won't change, either. Simple acknowledgment of the problem goes a long way, and denying it at all costs does so too.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is so much ignorant and wrong with this post that it's almost physically repugnant to me. As a social worker who sees first-hand what you absolutely refuse to acknowledge, I would wish you to magically become the very race you comedically claim is advantaged in the U.S., stick you in the same circumstances many of them face, and watch your life crumble. You have no perception of the actual realities many minorities face. You're part of the problem, and saying you aren't part of the solution is a vast understatement. Until privileged people like you become willing to open your eyes, these problems won't change, either. Simple acknowledgment of the problem goes a long way, and denying it at all costs does so too.
:notworthy:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're some dude on the internet with an opinion, I really don't care what you think of me, to be honest. I am enjoying the fact that my ancestors paved the way for minorities to enjoy a high quality of life and also extreme wealth, which was not possible in many of the countries they fled from.

Can you tell me what non-European countries that minorities have enjoyed the same wealth and quality of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.