OT - Hey hawks fans

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you feel about that Big ben touchdown run that shouldnt have been a touchdown? ; )

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
How did you feel about that Big ben touchdown run that shouldnt have been a touchdown? ; )

Didn't see it. Didn't watch that game. I'll try to check it out tonight. In fact, I don't even remember who they played. But honestly speaking, why would you want a Hawks fan's opinion on that play in particular?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Didn't see it. Didn't watch that game. I'll try to check it out tonight. In fact, I don't even remember who they played. But honestly speaking, why would you want a Hawks fan's opinion on that play in particular?

I think he was trying to get a the fact that there was so much whining about this TD (shown below) that you might have something to say about it happening again...just not to your team.

Attachments

• BenTD.jpg
    BenTD.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 239
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is in the endzone in that pic, in this game he didnt even get that close and he still got a TD for it.

I know lots of hawks fans who claim the nfl is rigged and they were pretty annoyed by this thing so I was branching it out to the ones here.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
the play in the superbowl was a touchdown. hawks fans need to get over themselves.

Reaction score
lol - this is so typical - you bring up a reference to that game, we don't even comment on it...and you accuse us of still whining about it and tell use that we need to get over it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol - this is so typical - you bring up a reference to that game, we don't even comment on it...and you accuse us of still whining about it and tell use that we need to get over it.
Boo, just go away!!!

just kidding. :)

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh, I told you to get over it did I? Maybe you should read. I brought it up because it was a serious question, I never said anything about getting over it.

Reaction score
Oh, I told you to get over it did I? Maybe you should read. I brought it up because it was a serious question, I never said anything about getting over it.

Rage, I wasn't referring to your comment in that portion, but rather Syracuselaxman44's follow-up comment.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
He is in the endzone in that pic, in this game he didnt even get that close and he still got a TD for it.

I know lots of hawks fans who claim the nfl is rigged and they were pretty annoyed by this thing so I was branching it out to the ones here.
the play in the superbowl was a touchdown. hawks fans need to get over themselves.
Interesting. I don't know "a lot of Hawks fans" and I am one. I've been hearing for two years about all of the Seahawks fans that are "claiming the the NFL is rigged" and "needing to get over themselves". And yet if you go to the Seahawks board, you'd be hard pressed to find one thread that even remotely speaks about Super Bowl XL (which in fact was two years ago).

I participate on three Seahawks boards and I never hear anyone whining about Super Bowl XL. In fact, in the rare case where some yahoo even brings it up, everybody else on the board immediately tells them to shut up and move on. The only place I ever hear Super Bowl XL being talked about is on other teams boards.

Fact: Most Seahawks fans have moved on. It's the fans of other teams that still bring it up because they need something to talk about. For the record, I think the officiating in the NFL often sucks as it has before and since that game. Super Bowl XL did nothing to strengthen nor change my opinion on that. Besides, I believe (as most Seahawks fans that I talk to) that we lost that game on poor second half play and several mistakes by guys like Darrell Jackson, Jeremy Stevens, and Oliver Celestin. It's no surprise that they're all playing somewhere else now.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rage, I wasn't referring to your comment in that portion, but rather Syracuselaxman44's follow-up comment.

he didnt bring up anything, he just said get over it.

Seachicken, my buddy at work is from seattle and diehard and talks about it here n there, more of a comment then dwelling on it. Just curious what people thought of big ben getting another fluke touchdown, not trying to say anything about your fanbase.

Reaction score

Seachicken, my buddy at work is from seattle and diehard and talks about it here n there, more of a comment then dwelling on it. Just curious what people thought of big ben getting another fluke touchdown, not trying to say anything about your fanbase.

But my question right back to you is, what do we need to get over? The only Seahawk fan to have commented in the thread at that point was Seachicken and he didn't take your bait. As Seachicken said, while we were certainly less than pleased with a number of calls, it was the Hawks players making a myriad of mistakes that truly cost us the game in the Super Bowl.

Oh, and Seachicken, while it is fun to mention former Hawk and current Cardinal Oliver Celestin in your post, it wasn't him in the Super Bowl - he didn't join the Seahawks until 2006 - I believe you are thinking of former Hawk Etrick Pruitt who was out of position on a number of the Steelers big plays.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
oh yes, seahawks never complain about anything.
didn't holmgren say when he came back to Seattle that they were playing against 12 men or something? and YES, lots of seahawks fans do still whine. at the cards seahawks game this year and last, when talking about history of our teams, almost every seahawk fan i encountered complained about that call.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score

I didn't think you were trying to make a big deal out of it. Just venting about how most people (not necessarily you) don't even know three Seahawks fans but they talk about how we're dwelling on the Super Bowl. Just cracks me up. We had a good run last year and we're having a decent one this year. If we had completely tanked after that and had nothing to think about since, it might actually be true. But as it stands, most Seahawks fans are focused on the here and now. When I think back to 2005, I think of a great run and an NFC Championship more than I think about losing the Super Bowl.

With all due respect, I think Cardinal fans would probably understand most. If you guys rise up one day soon and win the NFC Championship but lose the Super Bowl, do you really think you're gonna be bitter? Doubtful. You'll probably remember it as the best season of your life. That's pretty much how most of us look at it.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
But my question right back to you is, what do we need to get over? The only Seahawk fan to have commented in the thread at that point was Seachicken and he didn't take your bait. As Seachicken said, while we were certainly less than pleased with a number of calls, it was the Hawks players making a myriad of mistakes that truly cost us the game in the Super Bowl.

Oh, and Seachicken, while it is fun to mention former Hawk and current Cardinal Oliver Celestin in your post, it wasn't him in the Super Bowl - he didn't join the Seahawks until 2006 - I believe you are thinking of former Hawk Etrick Pruitt who was out of position on a number of the Steelers big plays.

I stand corrected. It was indeed Etric Pruitt. Both of them had about the same tenure and impact as Hawks so I got them confused. Thanks for the reminder.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
small correction from earlier - that testeverde "td" wasn't a playoff game - it helped keep seattle out of the playoffs and earn ASU a coach

what was frustrating about that one is that the ref actually admitted his mistake of confusing the helmet with the ball

and it's amazing to think that fans complain about call or players get frustrated - the browns/cards game featured some interesting officiating - you have browns players upset - you also have numerous posts on this board about how lousy the refs are and the cards actually won the game that keeps them in modest playoff contention

now imagine the same calls in a SB losing effort - you mean to say no one would complain?! - please...........

that season was a dream, even with the disapointing finish - it's what everyone wants to taste again - the joy of the NFC Championship, seeing 2 solid weeks of seahawks coverage, seeing that helmet on the same shelf as that trophy, seeing that name painted on the SB turf - that was a great experience and far outweighs any foul thoughts about the final outcome

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
oh yes, seahawks never complain about anything.
didn't holmgren say when he came back to Seattle that they were playing against 12 men or something? and YES, lots of seahawks fans do still whine. at the cards seahawks game this year and last, when talking about history of our teams, almost every seahawk fan i encountered complained about that call.
Why is it that when people have no real point and they're just trying to create static, they always make things up? Anyone here remember me saying that the Seahawks "never complain about anything"? No. And how would that be relevant anyway?

Yes, we complain. So does everyone else. How long do you think it would take me to find a post condemning the officiating in your game yesterday on this very board. Five seconds? What's your point?

Yes, Holmgren talked about poor officiating the day after the Super Bowl. What does that have to do with the supposed grumblings two years later? Zippo. But I love your research. "Almost every Seahawk fan you encountered" at two whole games complained about the Super Bowl officiating. So what's that like 10 people? Wow. And here's the thing. I bet you couldn't get 10 people to just start up a conversation about illegal immigrants even if you were standing at a KKK rally unless you threw out some bait trying to draw them into such a conversation. Kind of like what you're trying to do in this thread.

Seahawks fans aren't bringing up old losses. Just Cardinal fans in an effort to bait us into an argument.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
no, there was no bait, i ain't fishing. One of my good friends entire family are seahawk fans, and yes, there are much more than 10 seahawk fans i have spoke with. When i am jarring back and forth with seahawk fans, one thing they bring up, as i would too if my team made the superbowl, is the fact that they were there. to which my response is, talk to me when you beat it. Hands down every single time, their response is one way or another complaining about the officiating or Ben Roethlisberger's run saying that he wasn't in. Another example, one that doesn't involve me OR cardinal fans.
when I was leaving the Cards/Steelers game, there was a guy walking out with a Hines Ward jersey on, and he walked by a guy wearing a Alexander jersey. What did the guy wearing the Alexander jersey say? "He wasn't in!!"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser