OT: No Bengals in Pro-Bowl

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Kind of crazy that they won 10 games & division and the whole squad got snubbed.

Le Tigre

Reaction score
Doesn't really surprise me. Other than the Ocho and Palmer, there aren't many "known" names on the squad.

I think a case could have been made for our outstanding pair of corners and Ced Benson...but it is what it is.

Anyway...I'd rather be playing in the game the following week anyhow! :)

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
they might just use this kind of thing the way the cards did last year, ok it was the media not the pro bowl with us but just a thought.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't really surprise me. Other than the Ocho and Palmer, there aren't many "known" names on the squad.

I think a case could have been made for our outstanding pair of corners and Ced Benson...but it is what it is.

Anyway...I'd rather be playing in the game the following week anyhow! :)

this

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Benson deserved to go. So did Leon Hall.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was a travesty that Champ Bailey got in over Leon Hall. Benson somewhat deserved to get snubbed. Nothing personal, but the backs that went in over him are much more impressive this season.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
It was a travesty that Champ Bailey got in over Leon Hall. Benson somewhat deserved to get snubbed. Nothing personal, but the backs that went in over him are much more impressive this season.

Agreed. If he hadn't gotten hurt I think he would have made it though. No one from the offense really deserved it, the defense had some players that should have though--the corners being the obvious snubs

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe its the fact that I made bets on the bengals 4 times this year and they either lost or failed to cover with a pathetic offense. They are a 1 and done team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think Benson would have been a shoe in had he stayed healthy. Except Ray Rice had a stellar season and rightfully deserved a nod.

Bengals and their fans should not be ashamed. All of their players are good and they have a cohesive unit and a great coach. As long as they are winning games and going to the playoffs, I dont think they should care about individual accolades.

Le Tigre

Reaction score
We don't.

I've been a season ticket holder for 30 years. When you count your playoff appearances by what president was in office...you only concern yourself with enjoying the ride when it's good.

And I don't claim to be overly pleased with the offense production this season--and it has more to do with the OC than the players on the field--but I don't care if we won 17-10...the key element was a win. So I respond to the "one-and-done" crowd with: they said the same thing about the Cards last year.

When the playoff bell rings...anything can happen, and usually does.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05