Other NBA Playoff Series Action

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I like about Golden State winning is they had an awful away record but a really good home record.

Golden States record is 30-11 home 12-29 away
Dallas is 36-5 home 30-10 away

and if you were to look at the last half you would say Golden State even has an advantage in that regard. This series could get really interesting.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Denver - SA going exactly like I thought.

Nene and Camby are owning Duncan, Duncan will never be a factor as long as those 2 are on the floor.

My thought too. Spurs' offense is so dependent on Duncan drawing double team, that if you can neutralize him with straightup man defense, they become an average team with only two above average, though all star caliber, players in Parker and Manu.

On the other side, Nuggets' offense can't be easily controlled. AI and Melo will always get their points. It's gonna be a tough series for the Spurs. I think it'll be an upset.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I saw some dude at the Mavs game wearing a blue troll wig and couldn't help but think of greensborohill.

I hope he/she enjoyed that game
We'll never know. I'm sure he won't be around here anytime soon...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'd like to express the opinion that it is a very bad idea to have a single catch-all thread for every other playoff series in the league. The playoffs are two days old and we are already at six pages. The moderators should permit us to have separate threads for each series, instead of censoring individuality (as usual) and lumping everything together.

I hope the board's administration will reconsider this policy.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Warriors and Nuggets being the 8th and 6th seeded teams are very misleading.

The Warriors started to excel towards the season after the trade w/the Pacers. They added the ingredients they were lacking in. In the process they started to gel at the right time. Plus, Baron Davis has obviously established himself as a leader and realizes he must hoist them on his shoulders.

The Nuggets honestly frighten me more than any other team in the West. AI and Melo are now in concert w/each other and will still only get better. Plus, Nene and Camby have avoided injuries which spells disaster for their opponents. Plus, they added Steve Blake into the mix and he's very lethal. The Nuggets can play both a fast/slow pace game with the personnel they have now. I wouldn't be shocked if the Nuggets do advance past the Spurs.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'd like to express the opinion that it is a very bad idea to have a single catch-all thread for every other playoff series in the league. The playoffs are two days old and we are already at six pages. The moderators should permit us to have separate threads for each series, instead of censoring individuality (as usual) and lumping everything together.

2nded

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Since I just started two threads, I hope they agree. :thumbup:

This is not the regular season. The Mavs - Warriors and Spurs - Nuggets series are of major importance to the Suns. I'm not sure I care that much about the Raptors - Nets series because there is almost no chance the Suns will see them. However, there is a very signficiant chance the Suns will meet the winners of the these two series.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Since I just started two threads, I hope they agree. :thumbup:

Good luck with that. My attempt to start a thread on DEN-SAS yesterday afternoon was denied. Maybe certain posters are allowed to do things others aren't.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good luck with that. My attempt to start a thread on DEN-SAS yesterday afternoon was denied. Maybe certain posters are allowed to do things others aren't.

Seems odd since I was once accused of setting a record for the most threats started. :shock:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goodbye Miami, they are terrible, lucky fluke season last year.

yeah, what a fluke, coming off a 59 win season and getting to the 7th game of the Conference Finals the previous year prior to winning the title last year.

I'm sure Shaq and Wade playing only 10 games together all season has nothing to do with them sucking this season. nothing at all.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
So you think that Miami was the best team last year? Top 3? Top 5? Top 8 over the last 3 combined?

That Heat team was the worst champion in I don't know how long, at least in the last 10 years since Houston.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you think that Miami was the best team last year? Top 3? Top 5? Top 8 over the last 3 combined?

That Heat team was the worst champion in I don't know how long, at least in the last 10 years since Houston.

they beat a 64 win team and a 61 win team, without homecourt, finishing off both series in 6. I just believe in giving credit where credit's due. They're the NBA Champions - there are no flukes with 7 game series. That was Miami's last gasp, coming off a great season the year before.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Heat were not a great team last year, but they got hot when it counted. I'm not the only person who expected them to struggle this year.

None the less, I was very impressed with the way the Bulls shot the ball. They look much better than in the games I saw them in earlier. The Bulls versus Pistons should be a great series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat were not a great team last year, but they got hot when it counted. I'm not the only person who expected them to struggle this year.

their two best players - two of the BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE, combined to start 6 games together. I'm sure you saw that coming. good lord.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
their two best players - two of the BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE, combined to start 6 games together. I'm sure you saw that coming. good lord.

Based on their history of injuries, yes I did. In any case, even healthy, the Heat have major problems against up tempo teams. Today they made the Bulls look the Warriors in terms of templ.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on their history of injuries, yes I did. In any case, even healthy, the Heat have major problems against up tempo teams. Today they made the Bulls look the Warriors in terms of templ.

you also nailed it with the Spurs taking a major step back this season also George. good job on that one also kiddo!

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you also nailed it with the Spurs taking a major step back this season also George. good job on that one also kiddo!

I may have jumped the gun, but I still think their age is catching up with them.

Brent Barry - born 12/31/71
Bruce Bowen - born 4/5/71
Michael Finley - born 3/6/73
Robert Horry - born 8/25/70

Most of their other guys are not "young"

Duncan 31
Elson 31
Ginobli 30
Oberto 32
Vaughn 32

The Spurs have a lot of experience which is very valuable. But I remained convinced they are running on borrowed time. They are still tough, but this is not as good a team as they were a few years ago.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize that Floppy is already 30. That's great news. The sooner he'll be out of the league, the better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have jumped the gun, but I still think their age is catching up with them.

Brent Barry - born 12/31/71
Bruce Bowen - born 4/5/71
Michael Finley - born 3/6/73
Robert Horry - born 8/25/70

Most of their other guys are not "young"

Duncan 31
Elson 31
Ginobli 30
Oberto 32
Vaughn 32

The Spurs have a lot of experience which is very valuable. But I remained convinced they are running on borrowed time. They are still tough, but this is not as good a team as they were a few years ago.

you couldn't just say - yeah, I missed on that one, could you?

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
sorry for being out of topic here,

i was just wondering,
when shaq was about to be trade, what was exactly dallas' offer that time?

i remember dallas doesn't want to include dirk right?

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
sorry for being out of topic here,

i was just wondering,
when shaq was about to be trade, what was exactly dallas' offer that time?

i remember dallas doesn't want to include dirk right?

Kupcake asked and Cuban turned him down. Beyond that, it does not appear there was ever serious negotiation.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just a pathetic effort by denver. I was actually looking forward to seeing 2
close games, but denver didn't even show up. Melo looking like complete garbage.