Panthers banged up

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I never want to see a player injured.

I will say the Cardinals have done an amazing job of getting to opposing QBs at home. I'm not sure if we have the same blitzing power on the road, we shall see. I'm not scared of the O-line for Carolina, they are very very good, but I think our D-line is more impressive. The real question for me is: Can we generate the pass rush without the crowd noise interfering with the snap counts?

I feel our defense is equal to the task of stopping your offense, especially the passing game. Though, I feel Steve Smith is always a 1 player score threat and that is a concern... but our larger issues involve covering unexpected short yardage passes. (3rd and 10, passing for 4, etc).

If you get a lead and can rush on us, we might have more issues.

On the other hand, I feel our offense can handle your defense as well. Again, no disrespect at all, we have a tremendous passing offense. Now, again, if you get a lead and we can't keep your crowd out of it, we will have a lot more of an issue if we are forced into a pass-only offense.

I truly feel this is a game that will be won by Carolina because they are at home. I think we would win this game if we were at home. I don't think it'll be a blow out, but if we don't win the toss and score on the first drive, we lose by 10. If we do win the toss and score right away, it may be quite close...

IMO.

no shtick. no cockiness. no battle. just discussion.

if you perceive it that way, there's nothing i can do about it.

all i've said regarding the matter is:
-hurting jake is a bad idea because it will only get the rest of the team pushing and playing harder.
-it isn't very classy to talk about wanting to take another teams player out.
-if you are just stating that your team has been causing some injuries but not that you are hoping they continue to do that or that you aren't wanting to get someone knocked out of the game then my remarks aren't aimed at you.

panthers have done it's share of injuring players...in fact every year for the past several years there has been at least one player put on IR after playing us. NFL is a hard hitting game and people getting hurt is part of it. panthers is known for being one of the hardest hitting teams out there. of anyone you should know how bad it is to have one of your key players knocked out of a game. boldin could have been hurt a lot worse and was lucky he wasn't put in a coma or lost his ability to walk. he was fortunate. why would you want that kind of thing to happen to anyone elses team?

anyway, i'm done with the subject and i'm not going to push the issue any further.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
don't talk like one and won't compare you to one.

say what you want but i have seen a few posters in here being proud of having taken out a couple QBs and desiring to take jake out.

if you aren't one of them, don't worry about it.

You're insane if you think one team won't be happy about taking the other team's QB out, on either side. Don't even bother with any "our team and our fans are better than that" BS. I fully expect every player on both teams to try to clobber their opponent to the point where they go to the sideline and don't come back.
If you want to make a distinction between 'dirty' and 'hard-hitting,' that's another topic.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
-it isn't very classy to talk about wanting to take another teams player out.

boldin could have been hurt a lot worse... why would you want that kind of thing to happen to anyone elses team?

I want the Cardinals to keep the running offense in check, or "take them out" of the game. What I won't do is ever root for any player to be seriously injured. It's a violent game, but one as nonsense as it may seem, I want that violence to have an honor to it.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
nobody ever said people from Carolina were NFL gurus......

Bottom line is if Delhomme (stop calling him jake, thats weird) gets knocked out then great, we probably win that game hands down. At the end of the day, thats all I care about.

If you take offense to the ideas that are tossed around on this board, then why dont you just leave? Find another board?

You're starting to sound like a Duke fan.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
if this pass rush.....your 18 sacks (really impressive) is all that you have to hang your hats on....sorry, that's not going to be enough.

Considering pass rush was the only thing being discussed at the time didnt think I was supposed to make an itemized list of things to hang my hat on for you.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was supposed to make an itemized list of things to hang my hat on for you.

I can't remember the last time I've seen an honest-to-god hat stand.
Or even a hat rack.
I have a hat shelf, myself (sorry, couldn't help it).

I think this demands a public poll.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05